Why couldn't he just be Deckard's son? Why do a bait and switch?

Why couldn't he just be Deckard's son? Why do a bait and switch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/S75OKnM_BKU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw some cunt kills your robot waifu

Because no one is checking any of Villneuve's decision making since he's gotten so big

A reflection of the most human impulse to look for meaning and never truly find it, this showed how human K really was.

If he actually was it defeats the purpose of his struggle. He would just be objectively special. Not being /the one/ meant he had to go on and determine that he was human in spite of that, and that it's your decisions and actions that make you who you are as opposed to the circumstances of your birth.

He's a real human bean and a real hero because he forged his own path and gave his life for a purpose he truly believed in, not because some cunt shoved him out of her birth canal years ago

why didnt looters zerg the dirty bombed city if the radiation was gone

Because the movie is a lesson about determining your own values and goals after you realize that you aren't the Chosen One, like all humans do when they're about 10.

It's just dystopic Pinocchio.

That's the obvious thing to do.

They probably did, but the city is still inaccessible to any transportation but air so they only took the most valuable things. Holographic Elvis displays probably weren't that high up their priority list.

t.woman

This user. Listen to him, you plebs.

Did you not get the moral of the story at all? You don't have to be special to do what's right.

If he's special then he's just special, finding out he's ordinary and still doing what he did is what makes him a real human bean and a real hero

This man is Deckard's son.

/thread

>It subverted your expectations.

>forehead
>nose

Because it reminds us of how u unspecial we are just like K

>forehead
>nose
Just how deep does this rabbit hole go? What did Villeneuve mean by this?

>spinner flying around LA
>*BBBRRRAAAAAPPPPP* music plays

Is Dennis a brap poster?

Reminder

It's interesting that br threads have some of the most on point analysis of their movie. And br49 isn't even that shallow or obvious to understand but for whatever reason it's truth shines very brightly.

Because wymen!

>he's gotten so big

4U

They had like 10 cm difference in height, did Joi stretched her projection to fit?

even more interesting that star wars threads are full of nothing but "REY IS JUST A MARY SUE" posting when clearly the intention of having her be a nobody is the same, they're saying anyone can be strong with the force.

>man is a nobody
>does great things
>wow so human, amazing

>woman is a nobody
>does great things
>MARY SUE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

really makes you think

Was pretty happy when they killed off Joshi desu. She's such a cunt. Wright played her really well even if she was just type cast.

The point of the movie is very simple and clear, it's just under a few plot elements that people expect to go differently because of similar movies taking the easy way out. The fact that people are still confused whether Joi was sentient or not, despite her sentience undermining the point of the movie, just shows that people are more used to Data and Bicentennial Man-tier emergent AI style stories than they are a more straightforward bildungsroman of a man realizing himself.

I find 2049 to be a more more effective movie than Ex Machina in that way.

he was about 10 years too old

How much poetry can you pack into one movie?

Don't start this, dude.

Rey's character has tons of potential but they keep treating her with kid gloves and keeping her from developing in an interesting way. I want to see Rey struggle and fail and overcome and gain a sense of understanding as a result, but she just keeps turning out to be right and not really need any development after all.

Rey's development could easily be the inverse of Luke, who had a much more straightforward Hero's Journey, but instead they just treat her like a landfill-tier young-adult fiction novel protagonist.

>like all humans do when they're about 10.
10?really nigga?

i don't get it

>she just keeps turning out to be right and not really need any development after all.
She's been pretty fucking wrong about Kylo all along

Steel is heavier than feathers

yes nigga

I think so. If you watch the clips their shoulders don't align for a bit.

>woman's shoe crushing him
>woman's shoe crushing his waifu (his heart)

The correct answer

was that nigger another blade runner? why was he even there?

K is that cunt.

Luv is love. Luv is life.

>and that it's your decisions and actions that make you who you are as opposed to the circumstances of your birth.

true. niggers and kikes will forever be niggers and kikes though.

we should become the gods not create them

gas the replicants. cyborg us now

this desu

She was right that he was conflicted and that she could turn him away from his path. She was also right that he wanted to be with her. The only difference is he still had a murderboner.

When Luke turned out to be wrong about Vader it was a young man learning that his simple precepts about the world were wrong, and that his hated enemy was actually a lot more complex that he assumed. Rey just seems to want to kiss a boy, and it sucks.

Rey is closer to Harry Potter than she is to K. That would be fine in some straight to Netflix movie, but I expect Star Wars to try a little harder.

almost but not quite

Kay's mismatch is too obvious.

Nah, the problem with this movie is that it end there instead of going into the revolution war

This shit was just too slow and focused too much on the waifu shit

>disgusting replicant gutter whore
>better than pure inaccessible benevolent Virgin Mary dreamgiver

End yourself.

I miss this meme. It was so perfectly timed.

>replicant
hmmm you have a point

i also prefer human to robosubhumans

>She was right that he was conflicted and that she could turn him away from his path.
>The only difference is he still had a murderboner.
>she was right
>murderboner

she was wrong user and she didn't turn him away from shit

It seems that blade runner movies are all about the tragedy in being a replicant.

>replicant goose gets to touch real snow despite being a replicant
>bubble girl gets to touch fake snow despite being the chosen one and human
i guess goose proved to be in fact, a real human and a real hero

user pls stop, having such pleb taste is bad for your health

Why are there bees in the desert? What does it mean...

So they let the bubbleboy-girl be the special one?

deckard likes honey obviously

My nigga quoting Mewtwo

Just watch Battlestar Galactica.

The whole point of K's actions at the end of the movie is that he rejects the oppressive, static order of the old society/Robin Wright's police force, as well as the angry, destructive revenge of the Replicant jihad. He chose a third path that saved the people who briefly, mistakenly gave him a sense of purpose and ultimately led him to true self realization.

Just watch Battlestar Galactica if you want to see robots fight humans a lot.

>tfw no Luv waifu who admires you so much she watches you and copies you

Life uh...finds a way

Indeed.

t. brainlets

Luv kills Joi

POTTERY

What a pleb. Go watch your capeshit.

Why did people say Las Vegas was really irradiated but Deckard managed to live there for 30 years without many health issues?

>grape-kun died before we invented holographic waifus for him

ha oh little user, believe me if you have to ask you're not even ready to understand the bees

there was no radiation where deckard lived

It had been irradiated at some point. Deckard probably hadn't been squatting in that apartment for the whole 30 years.

But there are no plants with flowers

There's a sugarwater dispenser they feed from.

youtu.be/S75OKnM_BKU

because this shit is not star wars. harrison ford cant father every shitty actor in the universe.

>After a decade-long relationship, Midori later left him for a younger penguin, which led Grape-kun to become isolated from the other penguins

just saw the movie with my german girl friend, i thought it was cool but she pointed many flaws.

Luv was programmed to imitate Wallace but she did not admire him and we know this because she was ready to lie to him.

I do wonder how much her programming was responsible for her kissing K however.

the point of bees is to show there was no radiation there

>she did not admire him
I can get behind this but
>because she was ready to lie to him
isn't a very good reason.

But why did they say that it was irradiated then? Surely someone would've checked.

my eyes are humid

That would be so fucking bad, it would ruin the whole movie by itself.

Actual quote from Villeneuve:

>There are a lot of problems with bees in the world right now. They are disappearing, so the fact that here you can see those creatures still alive and still present, was for me like a little spark of hope in this dystopian universe.

Yeah it objectified women

>best girl deletes lesser waifu
I see nothing wrong here

Lying is disrespectful so it does not make sense to say you admire someone if you lie to them.

Heh

I find it interesting that modern mass media aimed at young men no longer has them Getting the Girl at the end as a rule. The theme of noble self-annihilation is increasingly popular, rather than fulfillment through another person. Deckard found another person who felt as lost and incomplete as he did, and by coming together they, briefly, feel like whole individuals. K on the other hand, learns that none of the women in his life are complete either, and choses to sacrifice himself for inner peace rather than find peace in the world.

Someone resurrect Joseph Campbell and ask him how badly this is going to fuck with our brains going forward.

> give the world hope
> take away everything from the main character

what a cruel movie

these soyboys are too easy to spot these days

exactly mate, that was her opinion

*people

Something just flew in my eye as well

Isn't BR2049 threads are comfiest of all time?
No capeshit
No soy wars
Only discussion
Only autism

It blows my mind people still care about this movie and its characters. It was basically the same as Ghost in the Shell but with a male lead. They are both forgettable movies that misused their leads.

Barren decaying empty wasteland occupied by larger-than-life women statues is basically K's whole character. He's empty and all he had was Joi. But also in that desert is, surprisingly, a few remaining near-extinct creatures. And also inside K is that tiny near-extinct spark of life and autonomy.

BRAVO DENIS

Goose doesn't do great things though, he is not a chosen from neither from who he is or his origins, his place in the world is from his own choices and those choices were comparatively small and he paid dearly for them. Star wars is disappointing because protagonist is special and for no real reason at that. It's even worse than a chosen one or someone with a dark past, she is special because it's sexist to assume that she isn't special, basically special through denial.

I was mostly talking about that most of the people in the threads understood the essence of the movie while in many other cases there is tons of confusion and baseless theories. BR is indeed simple but usually it doesn't stop people from spouting nonsense.

she felt that women in this movie were either objects or evil, that was her opinion thought not sure its popular here

That was the weakest part of the film my dude. 2049 handles it way better.