James Cameron infamously threatened to fire anyone who would dare get out of the tank for a bathroom break while...

>James Cameron infamously threatened to fire anyone who would dare get out of the tank for a bathroom break while shooting the lifeboat scenes, leading to more than a few actors (including Kate Winslet) relieving themselves in the water.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0096754/trivia
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He was gonna fire the lead actors too?

He is James fucking Cameron. You are damn right he would fire them.

how big was the tank?

Yup, he had Rashonda Willis ready to take over Kate Winslet

>Literally controlling women's basic body functions
isn't that essentially rape? What a sshithead

Cant shim the Jim

Just a few feet.

i pretty much piss in any pool or hot tub i go in who cares

Which is why this was filmed in Zamboa. Everyone knew rape was going to be a factor.

>hey James, I gotta shit
>DO IT IN THE TANK

James Cameron learned it from The Abyss

>During filming Ed Harris demanded cabbage as a snack/meal as he was on a strict diet. This however became almost unbearable for him and indeed the rest of the crew as he was constantly farting and giving himself and the other crew members the dry boak. In one underwater scene where Harris was in his diver suit, he farted and the smell was so intoxicating that he actually vomited inside the suit. The scene was obviously cut and it took hours for Harris to resurface, clean the suit, submerge and re-shoot the scene. James Cameron was reportedly furious with Harris for this and took action by placing air fresheners in all the actors and crew members suits to help ensure that there was no repeat of the incident. Harris also got pink eye during filming and had to wear contact lenses for a week.

adds more to realism desu

They had people with white spray paint ready so that whenever a "floatie" would appear they would make them look like ice.

God damn it user, this is why we can't have nice things and you know it.

He did nothing wrong, I hope it was ice water

kek

>James Cameron amkes his actors piss themselves
>James Cameron metaphorically sat and stewed in his own piss when he made Avatar.

really makes you think

>pool
Ok
>hot tub
Fucking gross.

Any proof of this? Kekd

He actually had the pool be extremely cold or extremely hot. He would constantly switch back and forth during filming. It gave a greater sense of anxiety and confusion to the actors.

>The crew felt that James Cameron had an evil alter ego, and nicknamed him "Mij" (Jim spelt backwards).

He would actually have the actors call him Mij.

>Paul Rudd auditioned for the lead male role because his own father had been an avid Titanic historian. Despite his being able to reel off factual technical stats about the great ship, the casting team remained unimpressed.

BRTUAL

It's been so long since I've seen this movie, but was he about to take off his belt or was he turning around to leave all smug like?

In the Abyss, one of the actors almost drowned to death.

The original script had the scene actually be a rape scene. It was called off since Zane constantly expressed that the screaming and howling was out of his character.

it was right after they arrested jack for stealing the necklace and cal saw the naked picture of rose. He was pissed at her and slapped her

mmm, what I’d give to be in that water

Where did he go so wrong with Avatar?

This was something that was unscripted and improvised by Zane.

>Fox executives suggested an hour of specific cuts from the three-hour film. They argued the extended length would mean fewer showings, thus less money even though long epics are more likely to help directors win Oscars. James Cameron refused, telling Fox, "You want to cut my movie? You're going to have to fire me! You want to fire me? You're going to have to kill me!"

based jim

t. Amerimutt

He allowed toilet breaks

"Kate, being the consummate actress she is, took the slap in stride and asked James(Cameron) "Did we get that?" Cameron replied "We got it, hon, but lets run it again" with a big smile on his face, shaking his head in agreement while looking at Zane."

source? sounds neat

Cameron et all, 1999

Cameron insulted Arnold Schwarzenegger during the the shooting od the first Terminator, but Arnold, unlike the other actors who where submissive toward the director, in response grabbed him by the collar of the jacket and asked him to be more nice, because he deserved respect like any other. Since then they became great friends.

I think Jim is still shitting in his pants.

jesus christ

this, and I'm a girl

Jim has unmatched power

Also Billy Zane didnt like doing it and he kept apologizing everytime.
Billy Zane its just that nice.

base billy

he would've been too enterTAYNEing

>After finding out that she had to be naked in front of Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet decided to break the ice, and when they first met, she flashed him.

Wew

>seeing those prime 90s kate tits

>mfw its real
imdb.com/title/tt0096754/trivia

>after seeing the act himself, James Cameron thought this was proper greeting behavior for Leonardo DiCaprio. He hesitantly pulled his pants down revealing an 'unkempt forest', as Leo described it, and walked towards the actor to greet him. His assistants had to sit with him and explain to him how this was wrong. This gave the actors a beginning glance at working under his direction.

And he carries a torch for her to this day that he tries to bury with casual sex with supermodels.

Poor guy.

wtf

Is this 2018s version of the raimi meme?

I do too. That's the point of chlorine right?

Arnold probably just respected the balls of /ourguy/ and decided to quell the storm a bit.

>Many of the cast members refuse to talk about their experiences in this film. Ed Harris has said “I’m not talking about The Abyss and I never will”. Mastrantonio said “The Abyss was a lot of things. Fun is not one of them.” After a scene was filmed in which Ed Harris almost drowned, Harris reportedly punched James Cameron in the face after he found out that he continued filming while he was nearly dying.

Poor Ed had it rough.

Fucking Cameron almost drowned on that movie too. Actors are pussies.

Also someone put PCP in the Clam chowder on the set of Titanic once.

Cameron is a reaction image gold mine.

>Mulock committed suicide by jumping from his hotel room in Guadix, Granada, Spain in May 1968, while filming for Once Upon a Time in the West. He was wearing his cowboy-style costume at the time of his fall. Mickey Knox, screenwriter for the film, and production manager Claudio Mancini witnessed Mulock's suicide as his body passed their hotel window near the end of the shoot. Mulock survived the fall, but suffered a pierced lung from a broken rib during the bumpy ride to the hospital. Before being taken away in the ambulance, director Sergio Leone shouted, "Get the costume, we need the costume."

man had his priorities straight

>During the filming of Terminator 1, James Cameron poured real acid in Schwarzenneger's Jacket. The smoke was real acid burning his clothes.

all these actors owe all their success and money to Jim.

film making is hard
deal with it

Kek. Well played sir

Leone was fucking baller.

I thought you were taking the piss till I googled it

>Survives committing suicide...
Cool story, bro.

>The crew frequently spent enough time underwater to force them to undergo decompression before surfacing. James Cameron would often watch dailies through a glass window, while decompressing and hanging upside down to relieve the stress on his shoulders from the weight of the helmet.
Based.