What was the consequence of this action?

What was the consequence of this action?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hzPpWInAiOg
youtube.com/watch?v=gA_Hs9DkmOo
youtube.com/watch?v=VsxikAMOJH0
youtube.com/watch?v=q6_x7lrfx5A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why don't we find out?

>Less than two posts until a storytime is triggered

Mclovin' It, user.

Alright guys, here it comes.

youtube.com/watch?v=hzPpWInAiOg

MONSTERS UNLEASHED!

Doom's having such a good time.

>Marvel comics and the Electric company
wat

I love how Namor agrees to do Doom's bidding without even being told what the collar will do to him

Did Namor ever got to have Atlantis in the United Nation?

It seems every time he try something get in the way.

Yup. Spidey had a bit in the Electric Company TV show:
youtube.com/watch?v=gA_Hs9DkmOo
Which was then turned into this, the pinnacle of Marvel Comics.

>let's team up... and rule the world
>No! I don't want to
Diplomacy at its finest.

And that's the tale of Doctor Doom, Namor and the Sea Horn.
The moral of the story is: do not toot random Sea Horns unless you're Doctor Doom.

Well, it's a slave collar, you don't need to tell someone they are wearing a slave collar to obey you. They simply need to wear it.

This is a masterpiece.

Although I can see why people used to think comics are for literal drooling retards and manchildren.

Thanks for sharing!

If breaking the horn was enough to keep the monster away why did he have it in his throne room? Fucking Namor.

Also, it's okay to smash priceless heirlooms if it means Doctor Doom will have to sleep with a walrus.

nowadays, people would complain Dr Doom make quips.

The Spoiler looks nothing like the comic cover! Spoiled again!

Augh, my brain.

>a rubber glove sandwich
the absolute madmen

This comic WAS made for little children user

>What was the consequence of this action?
Venomous Raga

In all fairness, these were comics written for literal children aged 5-6. Hence the "easy to read" thing. And this was the mid-70s, so while this was going on, you had Jim Starlin writing Captain Marvel, for example.

Yup, that happened a fair bit. Here's the TV version of The Thumper: youtube.com/watch?v=VsxikAMOJH0

>on her 8th birthday she did not receive a yellow pony so she turned to a life of crime
Dammit Action Hank! This is your fault.

The best origin story ever.

Whitewashing at its finest.

What a fiend!

>spiderman talks in boing-honks
fucking amazing

I want to have a modern take on the Thumper. A spoiled black teenager girl who turned to a life of crime because she couldn't get what she wanted.

Just fun and silliness.

Such pathos.

>Spider-Man knows who the Thumper is
>but not what she looks like
>despite that being by far the most distinctive part of her gimmick

C'mon Pete.

Dangit user, cut the kid some slack, this isn't Batman's Batty Books.

Probably just because it looks cool.

Is it THAT sesame street?

OH MY GOD! I never thought of parachute webbing. Imagine how much shorter and less exciting SAS would have been if he wasn't always falling to his doom?

>That tears it, Spidey!
>as he tears the web
Brilliant.

One hundred percent.

I swear to God, there are pages in Spidey Super Stories where literally EVERY line of dialogue is a pun of some kind. It is maddening.

Why does the monster have a jew nose?

Hey, remember that time comics were fun, and about Doom riding a giant dinosaur he summoned with a seashell while under the ocean and then proceeds to fight Spider-Man while the two hurl campy insults at each other?

Man, am I glad that comics are about gender politics, putting the white-man in his place, and shoving progressivism and social inequality in our face these days. Imagine how horrible it would be if comics were actually fun!

>D! I never thought of parachute webbing.
?
It(s not that much of an obscure trick for him. There are even toys based on spiderman web parachute.

>Hey, remember that time comics were fun, and about Doom riding a giant dinosaur he summoned with a seashell while under the ocean and then proceeds to fight Spider-Man while the two hurl campy insults at each other?
Yeah, but when they try to make the MCU like that, people complain.

You people are fucking obsessed, Jesus Christ. Not even a thread about goofy old comics is safe from your epic controversial hot opinions.

Not to mention if this came out today you'd call it randumb and whine about wacky quips and out of character moments so don't start with that shit.

>Hey, remember that time comics were fun, and about Doom riding a giant dinosaur he summoned with a seashell while under the ocean and then proceeds to fight Spider-Man while the two hurl campy insults at each other?
>Man, am I glad that comics are about gender politics, putting the white-man in his place, and shoving progressivism and social inequality in our face these days.
One doesn't exclude the other. And the problem isn't inserting politic, it's doing it right.

It tends to be less fun when they reinvent the characters to be more like their actors and micromanage every detail of the film to be as mass marketable as possible.

Web-parachute is OK, but I'll tell you what's really underrated: Web-Boat. With working engine.

>and micromanage every detail of the film to be as mass marketable as possible.
You mean good?

Remember that time you shut your fucking mouth? *clenches fist and narrows eyes* It's about to happen.

Alas, it's a lost technology.

Capes were always meant to be mass marketable. Sorry that you're so young you only found that out now.

kino...simply, kino.

>Spiderman proceeds to pull a web-beer out of the web-cooler

>Decloaks behind you
>Unsheathes Katana

Nothing personnel, kid.

Randumb! Wacky quips! Out of Character moments! Starting that shit! Abgrleglarg!

Why is Archie vs. Predator so fucking good?

Drokkin' awesome

btw this was written by Joss Whedon's dad

Does doom just say that about everything he sees?
>with this rusty pitchfork, I can rule the world!

"YOU HAVE DOOMED US DOOM!"

*grabs you by the throat*
back the fuck off?????!!!!!!!

And yet Spidey isn't any different.

Stop pandering to my fetishes, Electric Company.

I'm having a pun overload.

Which one?
The horse play?
The bondage?
The French revolution?
The black girl?

I wondered about that when I saw the name Whedon. So it's no coincidence that Joss ended up working in comics too?

>the one time Dr. Doom actually lived up to his namesake

Why does Doom call him Spidey

This is cool and all but not as cool as the comic where Magneto kills some Trump supporters.

Everyone calls him Spidey. It's a good nickname.

This is quite ridiculous.

I need to know who drew this, because I'm fairly certain they drew a bunch of other things I've been trying to identify.

youtube.com/watch?v=q6_x7lrfx5A

It's retarded to have voted for him at all if you had any problem with the racist shit he was saying. You could have voted for a third party like I did, but no, you had to be an idiot.

Also that video was back in November and he's only gotten worse since then. Like I get giving him a chance to see if he's less horrible than he seems, but no, he's legitimately that fucking horrible and I am eagerly looking forward to seeing him pull a Nixon.

this

>third party

The Us is in dire need of a plural system.

I mean, fuck you could even keep your retarded electoral college, but get fucking rid of the "Winner take all" formula. That's the piss icing on the shitty cake.

If each states has its members of its electoral college elected proportionally, you wouldn't be stuck in a two party system anymore.

But they want to be stuck in a two party system. Lots of Democrats/Republicans don't even know or care what their party actually supports (and a lot of the horrible shit they support is shared by both parties), they just want to feel superior to the other side.

That is so true. Republicans have spent so long trying to shut down Obamacare yet they don't have anything to replace it with. They don't think about what they want to do after they've won, they just want to win. I hate politics, and yet, I have to take an active role in it.

>sees random horn
>blows it
>no don't blow it
>fuck you I do what I want

Remember way back in the early 70s when you didn't have any politics in comics? Before marvel started shoving it down our throats.

I mean Captain America renounced his name to make a jab at Richard Nixon, Green Lantern and Green Arrow were having some hard travels spurred on by the idea that Hal is a cryptofascist who perpetuates the economic inequality of the black man by coming to the aid of rich whites, Superman took on the KKK because its not as if his early history had strong strains of social justice including a story about the working conditions for children at the time, Lois Lane became black for a day to learn more about racial inequality even in the bright sunny days of Metropolis, Luke Cage's origin in the 70s was him going to jail for a crime he didn't commit.

Politics has always been in comics, and even more so since the 70s, which is right after when this story was published

Yep, that's it. And the system is stuck this way, since we'd need the two parties to decide they don't want as much power. I have hope that if we adopted a better system, most people would be broken out of the two party system, but that's exactly what the current parties are afraid of.

Doom and Spidey have some great interactions.

>. Republicans have spent so long trying to shut down Obamacare yet they don't have anything to replace it with.
It's because, to actually finance Obamacare, there is actually an existing taxe for the rich in it. And Republicans are doing everything they can to remove. It's their actual main motivation behind their hatred for it.

Stewart is a cool guy.

>Lois Lane became black for a day
Uh, what?

New storytime?

It happened.

Toot!