Disney Parks Thread

youtu.be/DCVLktRLMWc

Thoughts on the Tower of Terror replacement? I was worried at first but honestly this ride seems to just ooze charm.

Currently only in California Adventure.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OE22yBUHdVE
youtube.com/watch?v=3qu4FNl0Ywk
youtu.be/gGX0ASNpqMY
youtu.be/aPrwM4_huUY
youtu.be/lfMWwxWqrBQ
slashfilm.com/universal-video-game-theme-park/
youtu.be/14TKSqH2Zms
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>>Ultimately it's a prison break story
The GOTG will never escape

Oh Stan Lee.

Where's Mantis?

Nevermind. I'm legit surprised now.

The line for the ride is apparently a walk through the Collectors collection

Stormbrealer and Atlantis artifacts found

>"Originated in the dwarves forge on Nidavellir, this finely crafted object is made of the powerful stone, Uru."

1/2

>"were found at the bottom of the Terran ocean. Very little is known of the civilization the created them."

Baby Groot sounds slightly off.

> Animatronic Rocket
God damn it's perfect

so there is an infinity stone in that thing?

>DUDE IM NOT PETER IM STARLORD LOL
>AINT NOTHING LIKE ME CEPT ME LOL

youtube.com/watch?v=OE22yBUHdVE
More footage of the animatronic. It' shockingly smooth.

youtube.com/watch?v=3qu4FNl0Ywk

It's a huge step up from that creepy japanese Rocket animatronic

>It' shockingly smooth.
They've had half a century to perfect this tech and it shows.

Plus, they know the ride will be replaced before the animatronic requires substantial repair/replacement.

>that creepy japanese Rocket animatronic
I gotta see that, link?

I'd believe you if you told me that was CG

youtu.be/gGX0ASNpqMY
yeah its just as creepy as i remembered it

I'm out of the loop, since when has Disney been able to bring Marvel stuff to their theme parks, I thought Universal had the rights.

I think Universal has the rights to specific Marvel properties so it's a little patchy. Obviously they wouldn't have had the foresight to obtain the rights to the GotG.

Disney World isn't allowed to use properties like Spidey, Cap, IM, etc in the parks because of Universal Studios.

Disneyland is allowed to, along with the cruise line, etc however.

Guardians isn't part of whatever their park deal was, so it's coming to Disney World too

It's actually divided by the Mississippi line. Everything left of the river is Disney can use Marvel territory, and everything left is Universal.

Also, to get even more specific, characters who haven't been shown in the Universal parks are fair game, such as, you guessed it, the Guardians of the Galaxy. So, for example, if they made a Thunderbolts film, they and GOTG will be in the Disney parks, but not any Avengers, Spider-Man, X-Men or Fantastic Four, as those four groups are all used at Universal (the Hulk roller coaster, the Spider-Man ride, the FF Dr. Doom ride, and X-Men costumed people)

So Guardians ride exists in its own pseudo MCU universe then right?

>that Rocket
This is why I love animatronics.

jeeeesus fuck, that banter between the team, I want to kill myself this is awful!

Universal is somewhat better with that regard. The Dr. Doom propaganda videos were hilarious, and the Terminator ride having Skynet's products like cameras on TV that watch you and stuff was also good shit.

>twilight zone ride is gone
fuck you

youtu.be/aPrwM4_huUY

> The Terminator ride having Skynet's products like cameras on TV that watch you and stuff was also good shit.
Man, that used to freak me the fuck out as a kid, but watching the show again as an adult, that shit still managed to give me chills. The fact that a lot of the stuff they parody is eerily true to life and it's become so natural to our way of life we don't even realize how messed up it is until we really think hard about it.

>Guardians isn't part of whatever their park deal was
No, the rule applies to ALL Marvel characters.
>so it's coming to Disney World too
There's been no official statement from Disney saying it's coming to WDW.

you should check out "brave new world".
It's a really good short book in a similar vein to terminator but with no genocidal robots

Maybe the same one where the Iron Man ride takes place?

GOTG are not part of any deal due to how obscure they were prior to the movie, Universal has the theme park rights to Marvel's big characters east of the Mississippi and the weirdly the use of Marvel's logo in theme parks across the US. Disney's workaround for that is that they don't include the Marvel logo when addressing the Marvel characters they can use.

Also, since GOTG are one of the few Marvel properties Disney can use in both park resorts in the US, there have been rumors they might close down the Ellen's Energy Adventure show at Epcot for a Guardians ride.

At least it's still here in Florida, wanna come visit :)

at first i was upset about the replacement until i found out it wasn't replacing the orginal tower of terror but the one in california so it sounds pretty interesting

That looks cute as hell

you look cute as hell

I'd go again, only if you guys turn down that hot and humid combo you guys got there.

>mfw I went in early september

The cosmo animatron looks cool as fuck i wonder how many facial patterns it has. it better growl at you and show its teeth at one point

>Cosmo isk a good comrade pls let cosmo out

awww with the marks and stuff on the glass thats super cute.

any clue what this looks like, random alien tentacle?

I seriously want everything in this box

Looks like a random alien tentacle.

Honestly I hope some big disney nerd goes through there and points out everything in there and compiles it somewhere. Disney is missing a huge opportunity if they don't have a bunch of old ride pieces on display.

Honestly, I'd rather go for the Harold in the latter part of the queue. But that's just me.

Why is Groot the only one that sounds off?

I feel like I should recognize that helmet for some reason.

At least it's not a purple tentacle. Those are dangerous.

>that skull on the bottom left
That's spooky.
It looks like a HYDRA helmet.

I wonder what Bill is up to now that he's free of the Collector's cages.

Some extra work on the eyes would make it perfect.

tfw no qt Krylorian waifu.

damnit all. Do you think she went full pink? if you know what i mean

So how does the Marvel Ride Rights work exactly.

I know Universal is expanding Marvel Super Hero Island with more Marvel rides, but Disney also can make Marvel rides?

Is there some sort of limit or can each park basically do whatever the fuck they want with it?

Something tells me that animatronic head in the bottom left of the case is from some other ride but I don't know what. Anyone have ideas?

Depends on the franchise and location. Disney is free to do as they wish on the west coast. East of the Mississippi is different. As long as Universal keeps and properly maintains the rides they already have, they have perpetual rights to Marvel in their parks (unless either Universal or Marvel decides to back out of the deal).

Honestly, the news of them adding more rides to Universal is a bit surprising. You'd think they'd try to avoid promoting rival properties.

Disney can make Marvel rides anywhere except Walt Disney World, so Disneyland, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Paris can get rides. Universal can create Marvel rides in Florida only, so no Hollywood.

To me it seems like a win win situation.

Marvel is the biggest franchise currently, they'd be losing more money if they /didn't/ try to cash in on it. Also, the promotion Universal is giving Marvel doesn't go to Disney World. It goes to Disney itself with all the merch they're selling.

Disney profits because there are people who are going to go to Universal exclusively and not go to Disney because of the coasters Universal has. Disney manages to get some sort of profit out of those people either way.

>Universal can create Marvel rides in Florida only, so no Hollywood.

Wasn't their word of an Iron Man ride they were planning on doing in Thailand?

Will moderate and humid be ok? I suggest January. No promises though

I'm gonna assure you meant Hong Kong and I'll say that just opened this year.

>moderate and humid
moderate's still like 100° for florida

There are exactly 2 weeks worth of days where I can assure you Floridians will be in layers while everyone else enjoys a brisk change in temperature

and its not that good

Cause it's basically Star Tours without the alternate routes.

I swear if they dont set up a Tanaleer meet and greet area near the ride I will be severly disapointed.

hell with how impressive that rocket animatronic is they should make another one, hire someone to do the voice and have a rocket meet and greet.

It seems to not be Vin Diesel's Voice or they audio mixed it wrong. Everyone else is done by the actual actors.

The helmet looks like its WW2 Hydra helmet, but i can't remember if any of them were killed or sent through a wormhole or anything in the first Cap movie.

The head mentioned looks to be a standard animatronics head, but it does look familiar? I can't place it though.

Is that fucking Coulson's gun though? He has it in Agents of SHIELD

It is.

Probably snatched one from the Avengers Alliance universe before it collapsed onto itself.

speaking of meets, I AM NIGHTMARE FUEL.

Actually the suits not that bad and the face has pretty good movement

youtu.be/lfMWwxWqrBQ

Hes a big guy

Universal is also planning that Video Game based park that's going to to be on the land north of IOA so it makes sense to invest like crazy into stuff that will capture the audience like Marvel even if Disney owns the IP. I'd expect some refreshes or new rides in the next few years in Universal and IOA while the Game park is being built.

Thats nintendo and thats going into Universal Studios to replace the current Kids area not in IOA

so how long untill disney sticks a spideyride into disneyland, there is a new spiderman cartoon coming to disney-Xd.

I know this will sound like HERACY! but if anything they should just tear down Toontown and make that into a Mini marvel area. make either spiderman or the avengers the main ride focus and the ride should be a indoors thrill ride or rollercoaster like Rock-n-rollercoaster

Honestly, it feels a bit of a risk to build in that particular location. I mean, you have an idea that could easily rake in the crowds, and you have it in a spot that regularly closes ahead of time whenever they do fireworks.

Building in DCA would be the safer approach, even it means having to retheme the Hollywood Backlot area.

I'm more shocked at how impressive that guy's Chris Pratt's voice is.

NAMOR
A
M
O
R

Super Nintendo World is going into California and Japan as the kids area replacement. Florida is getting a whole park based on video game properties and Park insiders have already said they have heard that Universal has deals with Blizzard, Ubisoft and Microsoft along with Nintendo for the Florida park. Totally different thing. Current kids area in Orlando might get a refresh but it's not going to be Super Nintendo Land.

I still hope they bring the Spiderman Ride from Universal Studios to Disney, me and alot of people really love that ride

> Florida is getting a whole park based on video game properties and Park insiders have already said they have heard that Universal has deals with Blizzard, Ubisoft and Microsoft along with Nintendo for the Florida park.

Link?

I just noticed he has a ball and chew toy in there with him. At least the Collector isn't heartless.

yeah, he looks nothing like him but sounds EXACTLY like him, kinda spooky

I wouldnt be fully opposed to building a marvel area in DCA.

if they did do it there than Take down Its a bugs life land and make that into a marvel Cinematic universe area so that when your walking from hollywoodland twoards the tower it would look like you entering the MCU, i mean seriously does anyone even still care about its a bugs life? its been 19 years since its come out and its not even one of the good pixar movies.

Hollywood land in general needs a bit of a workover too , if they added a new ride where the aladdin musical theather is that would be great or where 8&9 are on the map

slashfilm.com/universal-video-game-theme-park/

It's been in the works for a while. Blizzard they had before Nintendo. Supposedly MS and Ubisoft signed soon after. Some elements may make it to the Kids Area of the main park but Universal wants each park to have its own identity. Main park is about films. IOA is mostly about books (Even toon lagoon counts). New park would be Vidya

As much as I hate the exterior these details are really cool

Considering the Aladdin theater is now the Frozen theater, I don't think that's gonna go away any time soon. But as it stands, the Hollywood area is in dire need of some love. Only two major attractions, and the rest is just shows/entertainment.

Re-theming A Bugs Land would probably be the better choice. Not sure what the choice opinion is on the place (though I've heard some interesting talk on 'It's Tough to be a Bug'), even if it is the resident kid section of DCA.

also This rollercoaster needs to be brought over from hong kong and replace the red wood challenge trail

youtu.be/14TKSqH2Zms

Namor's rights are still in a legal clusterfuck, but Atlantis and other concepts like Attuma seem to be fully in Marvel's hands.

>Currently only in California Adventure.
and it damn well better stay that way

If Tower of Terror in Hollywood Studios, FL, is turned into Quips of the Galaxy it'll be a fucking disgrace. The current Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is perfect for Hollywood Studio's "Old Hollywood" aesthetic.

How's that Avatar attraction doing?

ToT in Disneyland pales in comparison to Disney World's version.