Gal Gadot Explains Silence on James Cameron Wonder Woman Criticisms

>But in spite of all its success, Wonder Woman still had its fair share of detractors, namely Avatar director James Cameron. The legendary filmmaker felt that the movie was a “step backwards” for the industry, and he pointed to Terminator‘s Sarah Connor as an ideal female icon for young women, who wasn’t, in his opinion, just an objectified icon.

>She never addressed Cameron’s opinion, and she’s now explained why that is in an interview with EW:

>“Because I didn’t want to give him the stage. First of all, I’m a big fan of his work. His movies are great. He was very innovative in many things that he did, and I’ve got nothing but great things to say about the creative and professional side of his work. When it happened, the timing of when it happened, he was promoting another movie of his. It was like he was looking for publicity and I just didn’t want to give him the stage.”

Cameron absolutely BTFO

Sup Forums on suicide watch

Other urls found in this thread:

etonline.com/gal-gadot-and-patty-jenkins-talk-totally-different-wonder-woman-sequel-exclusive-93437
twitter.com/realgdt/status/827065272028766208?lang=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cameron is objectively wrong TBQH

>Gal Gadot has the moral high ground on James Cameron

What was Cameron even sperging about? That she was too pretty? I think the film was shit but her depiction was fairly good.

Unless she followed this up with actual criticism of his statements she's still silent on it.

Cameron is right all the way but it wasn't smart to make his opinion public. Hollywood is way too liberal and retarded to accept such redpilled views. Still, nobody of value is gonna say something against him. He has Hollywood by the balls considering all the money he makes and currently in the Avatar sequels.

But filmmaker James Cameron, who is known for writing some of Hollywood's strongest female protagonists, wasn't completely impressed. “All of the self-congratulatory back-patting Hollywood’s been doing over Wonder Woman has been so misguided," he said in an interview with The Guardian. "She’s an objectified icon, and it’s just male Hollywood doing the same old thing! I’m not saying I didn’t like the movie but, to me, it’s a step backwards."

Cameron pointed to his Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgment Day character Sarah Connor (Linda Hamilton) as what a female action protagonist could be.

"Sarah Connor was not a beauty icon," Cameron said. "She was strong, she was troubled, she was a terrible mother, and she earned the respect of the audience through pure grit. And to me, [the benefit of characters like Sarah] is so obvious. I mean, half the audience is female!”

Holy shit Cameron sounds like an utter fag here.

>WAAAHHH he doesn't think Wonder Woman was the bestest movie ever
Even Normies are saying how overrated and generic it is. Just go on any YouTube video that has it in their top 10 or whining about it being 'snubbed' at the Golden Globes and look at the comments

>good female characters can't be beautiful and have to be men with no penises to be taken seriously

>Sarah Connor was not a beauty icon
n-not to you, maybe.

This is also the man who liked Terminator 5.

Like Ridley Camerons lost his mind

where did he say "can't?"

reminder that James Cameron is under disney

whether you like it or NOT HE WILL BOW TO THE MOUSE

I wouldn't go that far. He mostly has a point, and altho I disagree with it, I think it falls short because of how he's putting it. Bottom line, Sarah connor was a well fleshed character with actual personality, wonder woman was, for the most part, remarkably like a beer commercial.

That's a dignified response from Gadot really. I wish more of these people were like her instead of being so goddamned obnoxious about their politics.

>bitch already thinks she's more relevant than James Cameron

Good response from her.
WW was shit though, Cameron was an ass, but he wasn't wrong.

Cameron's never been wrong about anything.
I wish he would have stayed the director of Battle Angel though, but hopefully he gave Rodriguez a lot of guidance.

She literally said "he's criticizing my movie because he's begging for attention"

more like a thot response

She didn't make the movie, she would have no place in the discussion whatsoever.

Patty Jenkins made the movie and responded to Cameron. So did she give him the stage? Was she wrong in responding?

>scifi action/horror
>half the audience is female
lolwut

this is yet another PR move, just like the whole brett ratner thing

He was wrong because he said the movie is good

as if that isn't true. Any public statement from a public figure is about publicity. Mind you, his criticism is solid, not as well argued as it could have been, but Gadot's response was ok

I never thought I'd see the day. Though this is the same man who admitted he'd lied about liking the new terminators because he wanted to support his buddy Arnold

>Cameron's never been wrong about anything.

Shitbait

It still got a lot of publicity, and saying this now put the whole thing on the spotlight again, so her stupid plan failed, although it wasn't really her intention and this just makes her look better for the yass queen crowd

cameron basically said, you aint doin nothin spectacular by having a pretty girl as your lead, so he didnt get what all the freakout was about, given that in one of the most iconic franchises, terminator, sarah connor is as central as ww is in her movie and a female lead that is less about sex appeal and more about character, and still appeals to a varied audience. cameron is always right. the man makes blockbusters out of jack shit. fuckin titanic. who gave an actual fuck?

>youtube
>normies
pick one

She was more polite than to go full feminazi on him and compliment him first even. Way better than how a lot of people handle their shit in this day and age if you ask me.

hi

Gal Gadot does not have a fully developed brain

He ignored the actual message of the film or any of its merits because Gal Gadot wasn't a man-faced lesbian. If anyone should be accused of objectifying her, it's Cameron

>and compliment him first even

oh yeah the passive agressive response is so rare
even cameron complimented the movie and the director and her when talked about it again

what's the message of the film again? love lets you use magical lightning to kill a deity and immediately stop a war?

That was a political move. Don't be so easily impressed.

James Cameron
>legendary director
>created some of the greatest sci-fi action movies ever
>has the two biggest BO hits under his belt
>created strong female heroes like Ripley and Sarah Connor (Ripley wasn't truly badass until Aliens)
Gal Gadot
> talentless slut who's only a movie star due to nepotism

Yeah, Jim's got this one.

Cameron again light years ahead of everyone.

I'm not impressed, I'm literally just saying it wasn't shitty.

true, but also if you read between the lines, he was basically saying you cast a retarded unproven actress in a big movie like that unless youre accounting for sex appeal to be the draw as well as the small potato money youll pay her. cameron knows hollywood. plenty of gadot-tier actresses out there, many better ones for the same price. sex appeal was a factor and we all know it.

You've never interacted to a woman for very long, have you user?

Feminists keep getting BTFO by gal gadot lol

yeah i fucked that whole sentence up. brainlet

Reminder that Cameron won 3 Oscars and 2 Golden Globes (best picture and best director) for his shittiest film, Avatar

While Wonder Woman will win ZERO OSCARS and ZERO GLOBES (because it wasn't even nominated)

James got btfo by based Patty afterwards desu.

>I'm literally just saying it wasn't shitty

Definitely deserves some awards for that

What did she say?

Stupid bitch doesn't know that a bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted her representation based arguments. Give Jim something else.

Why did she give him the stage?
This is what Gadot's snobbish response makes Patty's response seem like

What was the actual message of the film again? Must have not been important because i already forgot it.
Fact is he is right. The movie did NOTHING except casting a female in the leading role and director chair. Congratulation, we may have proved in the year 2017 that females can create the same formulaic and generic capeshit than men do since 1989.
What was the great feminine success in that?
Its still generic capeshit dreck.
It is so formulaic you could exchange the main role for an male, an talking animal or even an transgender alien, would have no impact on the movie itself.

>Sup Forums takes the man's side again

*yawns*

Believe in yourself, we're stronger together, equality, everyone has their strengths etc etc
Standard heart-warming stuff. But still a breath of fresh air when every other film with those messages is hardcore pushing SJW identity politics and extreme misandrist feminism

>Couldn't even speak english while reading the teleprompter at the Palm Springs International Festival, stuttering and fumbling the name of the event
>Couldn't even do it in an interview
>We're supposed to believe she ad-libbed the entire boat scene in the film which includes complicated words

etonline.com/gal-gadot-and-patty-jenkins-talk-totally-different-wonder-woman-sequel-exclusive-93437

>Believe in yourself, we're stronger together, equality, everyone has their strengths etc etc

lol
that's the most generic thing ever and it's not even the actual message of the film, you just pulled it out of your ass

>It is so formulaic you could exchange the main role for an male,
That's literally the point you dipshit. Rather than writing another female lead that is free from any flaws or depth, they made her gender completely unimportant to the character and only important to how people saw her. This is the right way to write strong female characters.
Fun fact: the script for Alien was written without any genders attached to any of the main characters, Despite this, the writers had never considered casting a woman as Ripley. That was entirely Scott's choice

would you like to be saved by
Banger Bogan?

Serious question, did you watch it? Because that's literally very clearly the underlying themes of the film.

She said "You're not a woman so stfu" and everyone said YASSSSSS

That's not what Cameron's saying. His point (as far as I understand it) is that he disagrees with all the praise WW was getting for breaking ground and having a good female character were misguided because WW in the movie wasn't that great of a character. And he was right. The movie is as generic as capeshit can be, and WW herself had a very bland arc. It's nothing but typical Hollywood objectification.

Now, that in and of itself isn't necessarily a bad thing. I talked to a bunch of women who were happy to have a character like that, and I see their point, but that's completely different than the praise that WW got.

WTF I LOVE gal gadot NOW!!

never been wrong AND is making anime real

The themes of the film are:

>be boneheaded
>you can't always get what you want
>mankind can be shit or great, you have to believe in the potential for great because "love"

tl;dr but based Jim is BASED.

I wish Avatar 2 could come in 2019 so it could BTFO Wonder Shit 2 while every soyboy critics cries about it

>James Cameron has revealed he nearly hit Harvey Weinstein over the head with an Oscar statuette, after an altercation at the 1998 Academy Awards.

and people still say Gal Gadot can't act...

>>be boneheaded
hurr
>>you can't always get what you want
Disagree. Pine's death was obviously highlighting the good amongst humanity as well the evil
>>mankind can be shit or great, you have to believe in the potential for great because "love"
Agreed, but this was showcased through their triumphs in working together. That's why they had their little battalion of diverse lads all fighting together

>Muh ugly stronk female protagonist
It's okay when Cameron does it, amirite

>>>you can't always get what you want
>Disagree. Pine's death was obviously highlighting the good amongst humanity as well the evil

One thing has nothing to do with the other
The whole point of the faux-Howling Commandos was that regular people didn't want to be in that war. Which of course didn't matter when she was slaughtering germans.

Why do legbeards and bugmen like Wonder Woman? Suicide Squad was better. It had a strong woman.

I'd love to fuck her fat ass

According to Uproxx, during the troubled production of Mimic, Guillermo del Toro learned that his father, Federico del Toro, had been kidnapped off the streets of his Mexican hometown, Guadalajara. Obviously this immediately overshadowed any problems he was having with his sci-fi horror. But there was another issue. Guillermo del Toro had put all of the money that he had into Mimic, and the rest of his family didn’t have anywhere near amount that was required to free Federico. The kidnappers wanted $1 million for the safe return of the del Toro patriarch, and as the days turned into weeks it looked as if they had run out of options.

However their savior eventually arrived in the form of one of the greatest directors the action genre has ever produced: James Cameron. Guillermo del Toro and James Cameron were old friends. Having met during the pre-production of Guillermo del Toro’s 1993 cult hit, Cronos, the pair struck up a lasting friendship thanks to their mutual passion for all things cinema. Over the next couple of years, Guillermo del Toro would stay in James Cameron’s guest home for long periods of time, while the duo would even provide notes on each other’s movies as well. Eventually James Cameron learned of Federico del Toro’s kidnapping and without hesitation he immediately sought out his old friend and took him directly to a bank where he handed him over $1 million in cash. Not content with his good deed for the day, James Cameron then even recommended a negotiator that would help get Guillermo del Toro’s father home safely.

But than you can't pose into the cameras and spout something about muh feminism and shit like that.
It didn't break any new grounds and all the hype and praise was uncalled for because all they did was literally nothing.
Also just because they did not went the Mary Sue Stronk Woman feminazi fan-fiction route does not mean they deserve any praise.

Wonder Woman and Titanic are the same movie

Think about it and try to prove me wrong. Protip: you won't be able to.

Speaking to Vanity Fair about the forthcoming 20th anniversary of Titanic, Cameron expressed that he wished he would have gone through with the attack in hindsight.

"I remember almost getting in a fight with Harvey Weinstein and hitting him with my Oscar," he recalled. "[People] would've preferred I had played through on that one.

"It was happening on the main floor at the [theatre]... And the music had started to play to get back in our seats. The people around us were saying, 'Not here! Not here!' Like it was OK to fight in the parking lot, you know, but it was not OK there when the music was playing, and they were about to go live."

Cameron explained that the cause of the fight was the director Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy), who had clashed with Weinstein and his brother Bob several months prior.

"It's kind of a long story, but it has to do with Guillermo del Toro and how badly he was dealt with by Miramax on [the 1997 cockroach horror picture] Mimic," Cameron remembered.

"Harvey came up glad-handing me, talking about how great they were for the artist, and I just read him chapter and verse about how great I thought he was for the artist based on my friend's experience, and that led to an altercation."

Del Toro's chequered history with the Weinsteins is well-documented, with the Mexican director clashing with the pair on the set of Mimic, which was his first American film. The feud escalated to such an extent that Bob Weinstein, then head of Miramax's sister studio Dimension Films, attempted to get him fired.

---------

And he shilled for every single Terminator film where his friend Arnie had a role. What a fucking friend.

Oh okay, I see what you're saying. Still, I think the concept of the call of duty is a bit different to saying you can't always get what you want.
I'd argue that was more along the lines of 'the only thing needed for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing' and showing that war isn't black or white but it's destructive force which corrupts good men with honourable intentions

There are no giant cruisers that sink in Wonder Woman. Checkmate.

>tfw no friend like based Jim

IMDB lists them as 2 seperate entities.
Protip: You are an idiot.

Moroccan guy literally says "not everyone gets to be what they want to be"
And that "it's not about deserve, it's what you believe in" shit. Steve didn't get what he wanted. He sacrificed himself for a belief.

That's the message of the film, even though it was not handled well.

>Gal Gadot Womenplains (...)

>However their savior eventually arrived in the form of one of the greatest directors the action genre has ever produced: James Cameron.

That line might as well refer to Sup Forums.

>[the 1997 cockroach horror picture] Mimic

Was this about Mira?

>Implying fucking James Cameron needs Gal Gadot to give him a stage

The reason Sarah Connor was a good character (like many other female heroes of 90s and 80s movies) was because she was real. She wasn't some feminist bulldyke who was announcing to everyone how strong and independent she was. She was just a girl in the first movie who got caught up in something that was way over her head. She was scared shitless, like anyone else would be. But from her experience, she became hardened and rose to the challenges she faced because she needed to protect her son. She grew as a character. She wasn't a twisted feminist power fantasy Mary Sue and she didn't deny her femininity.

That's why these new feminist movies are all garbage. It's not because they have female characters, but because the characters are garbage because the audience is now expected to value characters solely based on what genitals they have, or else you're a sexist.

YES BUT MY PRO-SYRIAN INTERVENTION WAR PROPAGANDA!

I SAW THE GAS AND IT WAS JUST LIKE THE GASSING OF ALEPPO AND I CLAPPED BECAUSE I KNEW WHAT THAT WAS.

Seriously, it amazes me how quickly liberals will support any dumbass neocon cause if you stick a thin humanitarian or feminist face on it.

>dude strong womyn should be ugly lmao

Check out this fucking fag

Well, she's the greatest actress of our generation, while he's the guy who made Piranha 2

UNGRATEFUL FAT FAGGOT

twitter.com/realgdt/status/827065272028766208?lang=en

Wonder Woman wishes it had Titanic's box office or audience success

Calm down, sperg.

This, but unironically

Sounds like a petty excuse. She is a hack nepotist slut after all.

The current narrative is that people hate Titanic

That was before Avatar.

>James "If she's hot, remove the THOT" Cameron
>James "She ain't strong if my dick gets long" Cameron
>James "If she looks good in a thong, you're doing it wrong" Cameron

>all those triggered anime avatars with 0 retweets or likes
>tweets like these "You appear to have upset all the poor white 'boys' who're so insecure & lacking intelligence they don't understand your point, pity" "it's not racist to state that rich white men in power have exploited the rest of us for centuries...it's just a fact." that read like a parody cuckpost off of Sup Forums get 50 likes
lmao this is grim