Bee and puppycat

Besides the fact that production took forever, and that it was moved to the VRV, what does Sup Forums think of bee and puppycat?

Other urls found in this thread:

natazilla.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

dont care

dont care

I used to care, but now this is no longer the case.
The pilot was super fun and she seemed loveable and interesting, but with al the problems and the reworking that happened to it I lost all interest.

Hated it. Watched one episode and dropped it.

apathetic/10

Original was alright, but the redesign and style was just so shitty, and the humor was meh.

was there anymore made than the original run?

Like honestly I found the original run pretty boring

Its only at the end when we learn that these are actually the adventures of Astrogirl and a cursed Space Prince am I actually interested

The adventures of lonely girl and her catdog aren't interesting

There were mediocre comics.

It looks like something someone made for a baby

whatever happened to them being outsourced to a Japanese (or Korean?) studio?

Pilot was promising, the actual series outed the whole thing as an obvious kickstarter scam.

It's a shame, because I really liked that fucking pilot.

that was just the last episode

Bee and PuppyCat was absolutely horrible. It was never funny, PuppyCat was neither cute nor charming, and the bland character designs and animation pissed me off.

One thing I didn't like about it was that it wasted its limited amount of episodes, even worse than that last season of Samurai Jack did. The pilot implied that there was some kind of backstory and plot that would be built on, then we got 9 episodes of filler and one very final cocktease of an episode that last minute suddenly threw some totally new plot elements and drama in there, as well as just barely touching on the elements implied in the pilot, but doing nothing with any of it. It made the whole show feel like such a cheat because it made the final episode look like it was designed to spark another crowd funding campaign for a new season just to get some answers, but the previous 9 episodes took so long (much longer than the projected estimate) to make and release that everyone had of course lost interest, so they probably knew that was all they were going to get to do.

When Puppycat scratched Bee in her dream, was that a sign of depression?

Wasted potential.

redesign ruined it
its been so long that i think people just dont care anymore.

What is Natasha doing now?

Natasha Allegri's tumblr posted a lot of spoiler concept art that seems to imply some things she might've done with it.

natazilla.tumblr.com/

I really think the end was intentionally made better than the rest as a plea for more money. But I bet if they'd gotten another "season," they would have done the same formula and saved everything interesting for the next finale so they could do it again.

Seriously, the only arc that was actually completed was whether or not Deckard went to culinary school, and I don't think anyone cared about that.

I had a bit of a hard time just finding the show to watch it because I didn't want to sign up for that VRV thing or whatever just to watch one mediocre mini show. I had known from the start it was going to take a while to come out, so I'd always intended to wait until all the episodes were released and watch it all at once, at least after that first official episode kind of confirmed for me that it wasn't really worth anticipating each episode release.

I do get that it getting taken off youtube was the one piece of bullshit in the whole mess that wasn't really the creators' faults, but it sure didn't help matters.

I don't think it would even appeal to babies to watch the adventures of a broke unemployed manchild.

>Pilot

Fucking great

>The rest

Garbage

What happened

What did you think of the last episode? Imo it was surprisingly close in quality to the pilot, just was too little too late.

It's the amalgamation of everything wrong with Western animation.

this

I think that the cleavage crab merchandise incident was a particularly strong example of misplaced values. I get that they need/want money, but that was such an embarrassingly bad way to go about it.

I think one of the things in the beginning that showed such promise was that they were working independent of a major television network. That was supposed to give them more creative freedom to do something fresh and new and appealing to different demographics, but they botched the thing hard.

Nah, I'd use this show as an example of how it's a bad idea to shove money into inexperienced hands and then being surprised at just how bad people are at managing a budget.

I just remember there being another pilot that was vying for a show around the same time and it was denied.
Really wish that show had been approved instead.

What was it, Sam Sweetmilk?

Lost potential
The pilot was great and opened some interesting posibilities for stories and whatnot
then the actual show came along and everything was garbage
It sucks because the pilot looked like something unique and different that I really wanted more of

I liked the pilot but wasn't fond of the full series episodes I watched. It took me going to Sup Forums threads about it to realize why-they took out all the interesting shit from the pilot and put in more "lol quirky".

When you saw the pilot, what did you think the show would be about and what stories would be told?

Best thing to come from it.

Great pilot and great finale. Everything else was meh. I'd like to see them do more like what they did with the finale but there's basically no way they'll be able to get away with crowdfunding again.

Something- anything- more about Puppycat's backstory with the princess and him being a space outlaw or whatever than this. It was one of the few things I expected and wanted, and this screenshot from a 3 second clip in the very last minutes was the only time outside the pilot it was even mentioned.

I did like the jellyfish song as a kind of sequel to Puppycat's lullaby, but it was still completely unrelated.

I was hoping for more monsters as visually impressive as Wallace's monster form.

This thing was the only monster as nearly as menacing, but the design is still nowhere near as cool. The other monsters and threats were all very eh.

She's just a white version of Shampoo from Ranma 1/2. Not that that's not cool, but it's still not like she's all that special.

Tumblr garbage.

I never watched that.

You should at least give it a shot. I get the feeling it's pretty relevant to the evolution of common current anime tropes.