Silver Sable/Black Cat Spider-Man Film Lands Title, Director & Release Date

*breath in*

HAHAHAHA

>Sony’s Spider-Man “spin-off” film starring Silver Sable and Black Cat has landed a title, release date and director.

>Silver and Black is scheduled to arrive in theaters in October 2018, with The Secret Lives of Bees writer and director Gina Prince-Bythewood (who also directed the pilot for Marvel and Freeform’s Cloak & Dagger TV series) at the helm. Thor: Ragnarok scribe Chris Yost is currently writing the script based on an earlier version by Lisa Joy. Matt Tolmach and Amy Pascal remain on board as the film’s producers. As of now, none of the movie’s actors have been announced.

>The news comes hot on the heels of Sony’s other Spidey spin-off announcement that Tom Hardy is slated to star in the studios’ in-development Venom film. Interestingly, Venom has an announced release date of Oct. 5 2018, which, if Silver and Black‘s reported release date is accurate, would place two Spider-Man-based films in theaters at the same time.

>The news arrives ahead of the July release of Spider-Man: Homecoming, a co-production with Marvel Studios that reboots the Sony franchise, with Tom Holland reprising his role as Peter Parker from Captain America: Civil War. It’s expected that, much like Venom, Silver and Black will not be connected to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It is, however, one of the first films in Sony’s long-planned expansion of the Spider-Man franchise, which may or may not include Sinister Six, a villain-centric movie that was originally announced in 2013 as part of the studio’s plans to expand upon the Andrew Garfield-led Spider-Man films.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/4kCr5eHD
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Debuting in Marv Wolfman and Keith Pollard’s “Amazing Spider-Man” #194 in 1979, Black Cat has long been a staple of Spider-Man’s corner of the Marvel Universe. Despite her being a thief, Felicia has maintained a rather flirty relationship with Spider-Man, and the two even dated off-and-on. More recently, however, she has turned against him; due to his “betrayal” in “Superior Spider-Man,” Felicia took a hard line against Spidey and formed her own crime ring.

>Silver Sable isn’t quite as well known as Black Cat, but has existed in Spider-Man’s world for almost as long. She arrived in Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz’s “Amazing Spider-Man” #265 in 1985 and has worked with Spidey on multiple occasions. Since she is a mercenary, though, she has faced off against Peter Parker just as much as she’s helped him. In addition to being an accomplished martial artist, Sable runs a company that targets war criminals.

pastebin.com/4kCr5eHD

I wonder of they'll make this and Venom's film completely apart from Homecoming, and from each other. We knew Venom would not be MCU, but at the same time, Can you even tell a Venom story without Spider-Man? At least to reference his origin. Connecting Hardy to Holland seems weird; I wonder if they'll simply get a different, adult Spider-Man to show as reference.

This will hurt the Spidey brand so fucking much.

Calling it.

>Amy Pascal
How does this woman still have a job?

This. Sony would do good to just shut ip and let Marvel take the reigns. They have literally nothing to lose.

Remember those emails? How they thought a Sinister Six movie (with no Spider-man) would get them billions? Clueless nitwits.

Sony is so fucking stupid they're planning to release a Spider Man Cinematic Universe without Spider Man.

I mean this is a truly amazing level of stupidity. It makes the leaked emails look like a desperate attempt to regain some sanity.

>Spider-Man vs Spider-Man
>2b guaranteed

>Amy Pascal remain on board as the film’s producers
Welp.

They'll be apart from Homecoming but not each other. They're buidling the Spider-man Supporting Character Cinematic Universe

They will cast a nigger for Black Cat. calling it.

Sony, please burn.

No, they'll probably cast a black woman.

Exactly. A nigger.

Do you people ever stop

It's more likely based on the directors track record for being a "black" filmmaker, but neither Sony or MCU really swap main characters. Brock is still white as well.

her job is extremely risky and anyone else would almost assuredly do worse

I think they should focus on the non-Peter Spider people like Miguel, Miles (like they are doimg for the movie) Spider Punk, and build on that.

Or evem alternate dimensions like Spider Noir or just do Spider-Girl.

If Sony is using Sable and Black Cat then I guess MCU is not using them, I guess they are too sexual for their teen Peter.

I dunno, man. I would pay good money for 2 hours of my childhood Spider-Man beating up the inferior, less nostalgic to me personally Spider-Man.

Why hasn't Amy Pascal been fired yet?

This is just such a blatantly bad idea. Hopefully this goes the way of the Gambit film.

>Spider-man Supporting Character Cinematic Universe
That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard

She was, and then she started her own production company which works for Sony exclusively and gives her a higher rank than she had before.

Because in Hollyjew, you fail upwards

The ONLY good idea from those emails was Spider Man 2099

>you will never be connected enough to land an executive position at Sony Pictures and get paid millions annually to make terrible decisions
It's not fair.

On the one hand

>Sony
>Amy Pascal

On the other hand this is a legitimately cool idea for a movie and Gina Prince-Bythewood is a neat choice for a blockbuster movie.

Isn't Silver Sable still dead in the comics? Haven't really kept up if she was alive or not.

Why are they releasing this the same month as Venom?!

Because Sony is fucking stupid

GIVE THE FR*CKING RIGHTS BACK ALREADY

Fracking?

Let go of Spidey Sony Pictures.
It's over.
Just leave the film industry please.

>buy a car
>do with it whatever I want
>the salesman asks me to give it back because he doesn't like what I'm doing with my car

Not the same and you know it

Didn't this literally happen with some artist guy that bought a luxury car and spray-painted Nyan Cat or some bullshit on it's sides?

>anyone else would almost assuredly do worse

Nah man after Ghostbusters 2016 dumpster fire I find that hard to believe.

True. A car is actually more important than some spandex movie.

I mean, they're not wrong. People are still making posts about how "Kids these days will never know the /real/ Spider-Man" that are getting shit tons of retweets. Honestly, from a marketing standpoint, they should have just brought Maguire back for Civil War. People would have lost their shit.

There's really no guarantee Marvel studios will do any better than Sony with Spider-Man. I mean look at Homecoming: It looks like garbage and, worse, it looks like Iron Man Jr.
A different studio at least will push stuff that Marvel won't, because they're comfortable in their predictable formulas.

Reminder that in the leaked Sony emails:

>Sony wanted to do a Sinister Six movie spinnoff for Amazing Spider Man and they thought it would make millions
>Sony actually thought that a Tobie Maguire Spider-Man vs Amazing Spider Man movie would make billions
>Sony wanted the movie rights to a bunch of Marvel characters just to make Spider Man appear in Captain America

Who the fuck is running the shitshow at Sony

Well,
>Sony wanted to do a Sinister Six movie spinnoff for Amazing Spider Man and they thought it would make millions
To be fair, this one isn't really too farfetched. Many Spider-foes could carry a movie. The problem was they thought they could simply tease a few props and people would eat it up, regardless of the quality of the story they were telling. That's where they failed.

Never never actually getting Mecha Rino in the state people thought they were going to hurt things.

>There's really no guarantee Marvel studios will do any better than Sony with Spider-Man
other than the fact that every single movie they've put out has been great

>with The Secret Lives of Bees writer and director Gina Prince-Bythewood (who also directed the pilot for Marvel and Freeform’s Cloak & Dagger TV series)
Embarassing.

>Sinister Six
>SS
>as in Suicide Squad
This... could actually work.

If you really believe that, you just told the world that your opinion on a whole medium isn't worth shit

> Tom Rothman is approving these.
> Rothman the man who almost killed the X-Men in early 00s.
> you like comic movies right Sup Forums?
> HAVE ALL THE COMIC MOVIES YOU NEVER WANTED!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

>every single movie they've put out has been great

>other than the fact that every single movie they've put out has been great

Yeah. I'm not a car guy but I heard (from my friends that really are into cars) that companies like Lamborghini or Ferrari are really autistic about how you use their car.
Like you gotta sign a contract agreeing to certain demands such as not using your car around a certain time of the year and so on.

Again, I might wrong about that tough.

I'd never buy from such a company even if I had the money.

yeah this actually happens when you treat some luxery brand cars like shit

Wasn't there a mention about aunt May detective movie?

>not using your car around a certain time of the year
>luxury brand

>you will never have a board seat at Sony Pictures to steer them in the right direction
I literally don't understand why the fuck they even did the MCU deal if they're following through on an expanded Spider-man Universe.

This is the dumbest fucking shit.

Sounds pretty good to me. Black Cat will undoubtedly make for a better heist movie and Silver Sable has plenty of covert operator action movie potential.

But don't let my opinion stop yet another nerd sperg thread.

They demoted her after the Sony Leaks, but then quietly put her back in her position when the heat died down.
So they know she's the problem, but they don't want to actually do anything about it.

ENDLESS
TRASH

If you want a heist movie with comic characters, just watch Ant-Man.

The heist in that movie was terrible. And they didn't even steal anything.

Ant-Man
>First heist
>"Water expands. Metal doesn't. If I pump enough of this the safe will crack"

>Second heist
>There's no heist. It devolves into a fight with Falcon and what they were after is procured off-screen

>Final heist
>Heist fails

Great heist movie.

>Water expands. Metal doesn't. If I pump enough of this the safe will crack
The Score.

Sony needs to realize that:

a) These characters don't work without Spider-man
2) People would be far more interested in these movies if they were connected to the MCU

And you honestly believe a movie from Sony Pictures will feature more thrilling heists?

Praying for a silver catsuit.

Like Catwoman bad?

A movie from a different studio has the potential of being better than the cookie-cutter, production-line Marvel movies, at least. Taking risks can make a movie bad, but also great. Marvel is content with making enjoyable, pleasant but never great movies, and that mediocre mindset irks me.
They took a chance with Ironman and building up Avengers. I respect that. But then never did it again.

>TFW there could have been an end credits scene for homecoming where Coach Brock (Tom Hardy) is hired.
>TFW Spiderman won't get the black suit in Infinity War
>TFW Andrea Benton (Mania) won't be a side villain in the Homecoming sequel.
>TFW no Carnage
>TFW Black Cat and Silver Sable could've been past enemies of Black Widow

This sucks.

>TFW there could have been an end credits scene for homecoming where Coach Brock (Tom Hardy) is hired.
>TFW Spiderman won't get the black suit in Infinity War
>TFW Andrea Benton (Mania) won't be a side villain in the Homecoming sequel.
>TFW no Carnage
These are all good things, though.

that's like saying Winter Soldier was a political spy thriller

Didn't they pretty much do that with the MTV show?

THEY BROKE NEW GROUND!

There is truth to this in that critics and audiences love the MCU. ASM2 was hated as was Spider-Man 3. The MCU has literally never had a rotten movie on rotten tomatoes (and no, Iron Fist doesn't count. Netflix is noncanon). Spider-Man would only benefit from staying in the MCU.

Credit to Marvel studios for making comfy, competent movies that people enjoy watching once. I myself don't really hate any of their movies, even though I was really bored by some of them (AoU, GotG2, Dr. Strange...). The problem lies with the fact that we'll never get a Logan, or a Days of Future Past from them, never a truly great movie. People who go watch Marvel movies know exactly what they're in for, and people tend to keep liking what they already liked, so that predictability plays in the MCU's favor.
Personally, I'd like that they'd took a risk for greatness again, even if that means he movie can turn bad.

Hopes its good

Disneyshills stay mad lol

>>Only characters I was excited to see out of the MCU Spider-Man deal was Venom, Black Cat and Sable
>>Now they won't be in the MCU

Why even have Spider-Fag in the MCU?

They wont crossover now but of course they will later

The Sony-Marvel deal literally only goes up to 3 Avengers films (including Civil War) and 2 Spider-Man soloes

After Homecoming 2, they willl need to renegotiate and Spider-Man can fuck around with Venom or Black Cat or who gayever

I can believe Venom and Black Cat. But Silver Sable?? Honestly, people give a shit? She's just a merc lady dressed in silver.

What do you mean "you people"?

So nigger?

>Tobey Spider-man vs. Amazing Spider-man

That sounds Rider Taisen as shit, user. I would watch.

>>Sony actually thought that a Tobie Maguire Spider-Man vs Amazing Spider-Man movie would make billions
Maybe it won't make billions, but many people would pay for that regardless of how shitty it is.
Do you want to see old men beating the shit out of their juniors?

I could see Feige forcing Carnage as the villain in the second movie to spite Amy Pascal.
I would certainly do it if I were in his position.

>not using your car around a certain time of the year
????
Literally for what reason?

A Spiderverse film would've been great.
SpiderGwen would definitely be in it.

Can't they modernise the suits at least? The old ones look cheap as fuck; I understand the love and nostalgia for them, but geez.

That costs money user and Toei are cheap bastards, some of those suits are not even the original ones, but instead are the stage show suits.

These movies are made on a very low budget. There's generally only 3-4 actually new suits per movie (more only if they reuse parts from existing suits), and sometimes these reconstructions of old suits are so cheap they end up worse than the originals (especially once you get to the 80s, rather than early 70s).

THIS THIS THIS

Marvel have consistently made some of the greatest films of all time while Sony (or SHITny as I like to call them) make SHIT. Homecoming looks like the best Spiderman movie ever made and I love the way they've effortlessly woven in Iron-Man. The MCU is the final culmination of the Marvel comics, better than ever before.

Calm down your autism musketeer

I'm getting really heavy Catwoman vibes.

cucks

I don't care how it turns out as long as Black Cat and Silver Sable are sexy and have white hair.

>(or SHITny as I like to call them)

I think that user means racists.