Could they really not come up with better name for the ultimate curse?

could they really not come up with better name for the ultimate curse?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YEMpFgG_8WY
youtube.com/watch?v=ZMeFnwsxh6s
youtube.com/watch?v=LE7EbPFrxSk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

removus my poopus

Children's Book

it's almost like rowling is a fucking moron. what a surprise

avada kedavra what the fuck is that even supposed to mean?

It's just an altered abracadabra, isn't it?

holy crap like i had no idea

I thought it was one of the smarter things Rowling did. It hints that muggles have had some contact with the wizarding world but its so massivly obfuscated to them that they actually use the most unforgivable in a garbled form in their stage magic shows......

I thought it was the best when I was a kid. I already heard that spell a lot before harry potter used as a spell to make your wish come true and rowling came out and said it kills people. I was like duude thats insane.. all this time we didnt know..

you were one dumb kid weren't you

exactly. It's implied that the true killing curse became a part of muggle folklore, just like all the other witchcraft stuff like making potions and turning into animals. OF COURSE "avada kedavra" sounds silly to us, because "abracadabra" is a word you hear in fairy tails and nursery rhymes -- i.e. folklore.

Rowling is a genius

"No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!""No!"

duuude.. XD

Horcrux=Hocus Pocus
I take back everything I've said about Rowling as an author.

youtube.com/watch?v=YEMpFgG_8WY

We do you think he's here with the rest of us? All I do is make jokes about beating off to Mulan.

I always thought they were saying abra cadabra, that would've made more sense. Rowling is a fucking hack.

Even the time she said she touches herself while dressed as a Nazi?
>Yellow fever

FETUS DELETUS!

No!

dull meme

Best harry potter spells are Obliviate and
Alohomora. You just need these 2 to fuck anybody you want

Since it sounds like abracadabra, a popular synonym for magic, it was meant to imply that wizards had been killing muggles (or killing around muggles) centuries ago.

>like a baby playing with the wand that just killed its mother
K I N O
I
N
O

Avada kedavra
Abra kadabra
BRAVO ROWLING

The wizard world has got to be absolutely full of constant rape

holy shit, avada kedavra does sound similar to abracadabra! and you guys noticed it straight away. mind=blown

Kek.

I assumed that muggles heard it uttered and turned it into a fun little magic thing.

you stupid fucking retards

"Avada Kevavra"

>I've hada cadavra
>I've had (made) a cadaver (dead nigger)

GET IT TOGETHER BRAINLETS

youtube.com/watch?v=ZMeFnwsxh6s
I fucking love how Fiennes gave it his all. It's like TDK's Joker, Sheev or Gollum: memorable performances

Hocuscadabra would have been better

I think they mentioned a lot of wizards were inbred. Makes you think...
(It's also probably why their technology sucks. We split the atom, they don't even have firearms)

like clockwork

Voldemortposting must become a thing.

Is Rowling secretly a white supremacist? She also made Harry leave a hot Asian for a fucking ginger bitch.

He was the one entertaining part of the grimdark last few movies.
Not great as a villain but fun to watch at least.
>NYEEEH HEH HEH

"No!"

"HARRI POTER IZ DED!"

Why do mentally ill happas rejected from multiple sites like this trash?

gee i don't know it really is a hard dilemma

>Avada Kedavra is based on the Aramaic אַבַדָא כְּדַברָא, avada kedavra, meaning "let the thing be destroyed". J. K. Rowling confirmed this during an audience interview at the Edinburgh Book Festival on 15 April, 2004, where she had this to say about the spell's etymology: "Does anyone know where avada kedavra came from? It is an ancient spell in Aramaic, and it is the original of abracadabra, which means 'let the thing be destroyed.' Originally, it was used to cure illness and the 'thing' was the illness, but I decided to make it the 'thing' as in the person standing in front of me

Why didn't they use Abra Cadabra?

Either Harry is secretly gay for Ron, or Rowling really does touch herself while reading Mein Kempf.

Yeah this. I thought it was a pretty cool thing. Nod to traditional magic lore with neat ancient Aramic origin. I think everyone here needs to shut the fuck up.

Aren't most spells Latin, though?

Ugh. They can both fuck right off. Them and Rowling for dreaming up her faggot wizard kid universe.

What about both? Consider that thing where the ADL went after Rowling for her Goblin depiction.

DEH!

If you aren't attracted to the one on the left, you are probably gay.

>gingers
>white
>human

>The original LONDON posting

Most, yeah, there are some other outliers though like alohamora which is African, and waddiwasi which is apparently a mix of French and Swedish, then there are ones which are fake latin like "revelio"

Sorry, man. Ever since I saw Mulan as a kid, I've had the worst case of yellow fever. Seriously, my dick smells like sushi.

youtube.com/watch?v=LE7EbPFrxSk

3>6>1&2>the rest

"Presence of Mind, Pyroblast"

...wtf

That's not Cho Chang, is it? I went on her instagram prepared to jerk off and saw nothing usable.

looked through cho chang's actress's insta, that is 100% not her

based degenerate hivemind

Sounds like fugazzi Sanskrit

where's pasta

'its okay to be white'

>Fridge bodied Irish bitch with man arms
>vs. A DD asian girl
Was in autism?

Yeah, I don't think she dyed her hair.

Most men who don't want to fuck Asians are. Which is why yellow fever is considered "racist", but white girls who like black guys get a pass.

Better than Expecto Patreon.

>no pasta

Shit thread.

holy fuck, i literally speak hebrew every day and only now noticed these spells are in hebrew

Yes. Her birth name was Johanna Kristoffina Röhling.

It's literally just a weird way of saying a Abra Kadabra.

Voldemort's existence is due to his mother using a love potion on his father, after she gave birth to him she died and the father left immediately.

Invocum Gigantus in my Pantus

>no pasta yet
have the wizards won?

>Lavate los manos!

Is Steve Miller a warlock?

Yup.

>abra cadabra
>cadaver

Why is American Dad consistently kino, lads?

>implying the Master would approve

>the pasta hasn't been posted yet

DUDE PERHAPS THE DIE WAS CAST LMAO

if you were looking close enough or stopped being a newfag for a second, you'd have realized it has been posted several times

Does anyone else think Harry Potter has been one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>not posting the image along with it.

Sad!

EXPECT MORE PETROLEUM!

Yeah this is one of her smartest things.