Explain Cheetah. Why is she Wonder Woman's nemesis? Why did she get a spot on the Legion of Doom and Grodd's Society...

Explain Cheetah. Why is she Wonder Woman's nemesis? Why did she get a spot on the Legion of Doom and Grodd's Society? Is she just Evil Catwoman, or does she have character?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circe_(comics)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

She's the only one who's shown up frequently enough to be remembered and is a woman

She's a powerful demigod like Diana that can go toe-to-toe with her and is typically portrayed as either completely antagonistic or as some sort of tragically cursed comrade.

A creature born of the repressed id of humanity that exists to hunt and tear apart prey.

And she's a hot naked cat lady.

Does Wonder Woman have ANY good villains? I mean, if Cheetah is the best...

>Explain Cheetah.

She's a woman cursed by a blood god to be a cheetah monster.

>Why is she Wonder Woman's nemesis?
She's not. Ares is her primary arch enemy.

>Why did she get a spot on the Legion of Doom and Grodd's Society?
Fucking Scarecrow was on the Legion of Doom and you don't bat an eye at that.

>Is she just Evil Catwoman, or does she have character?
Yes, she has a character. No, she's not an evil Catwoman. Read a comic book.

>>Scarecrow

Scarecrow works though. He's a genius with a gift for mayhem. Joker lite. But Bizzaro..

Yes, she does. Read comic books people. Holy shit.

He's a guy made of straw, and you've just described the Riddler who was also on it. The show based some of it's elements on the Adam West Batman, in which Riddler was entirely a clone of The Joker but in a green suit.

Bullets and Braces!

>Scarecrow works though. He's a genius with a gift for mayhem. Joker lite. But Bizzaro..
Riddler fills that role.

It's easier to take Scarecrow seriously. As weird as that is.

None of them were meant to be taken seriously. It was a Saturday Morning kid's show from the 70's.

Are you stupid?

She almost killed The Flash

I'm talking modern stories. Where everything is edgy and lame.

Not that old school. Where everything was campy and lame.

SHE'S A GODDAMN POWERHOUSE

We were talking about Challenge of the Superfriends, you fucking idiot.

Hate on Rucka all you want, but he writes the most interesting Cheetah imo.

Is that real? Jesus.

Quick, Sup Forums! Prove you're not a casual!

Name 6 Wonder Woman villains, not including Greek Gods.

Circe
Dr.Poison
Blue Snowman
Dr. Cyber
Giganta
Angle Man

Egg Fu, Dr. Poison, Giganta, Paula Gunther,
Fuck. Guess I can't bluff my way out of this.

>>Circe

Not a God but Greek! Sneaky cunt

Circe, Medusa and Giganta are the one I remember the most.
And Alkyone when she's being a bitch.

Cheetah just works better for Legion of Doom stories since Circe and Ares are OP

Writers forget that Cheetah is a demigod, she's faster than Diana, tough enough to trade punches with her, and that her claws can cut gods.
Instead they treat her like a furry and have the likes of Catwoman beat her

Being Greek does not god make

Cheetah
Angle Man
Dr. Psycho
Dr. Poison
Dr. Cyber
Veronica Cale
Giganta
Queen of Fables
Paula von Gunther
Zack Snyder

>Circe (/ˈsɜːrsiː/; (Greek: Κίρkη Kírkē pronounced [kírkɛ͜ɛ]) is a goddess of magic or sometimes a nymph, witch, enchantress or sorceress in Greek mythology.

Mouse Man, Inversion The Inside Out Man, Multiple Man the NUCLEAR MENACE, Doctor Domino, Armageddon, Osiris, Panthea

Cheetah
Giganta
Silver Swan
Dr. Psycho
Dr. Poison
Dr. Cyber
Superwoman

>Instead they treat her like a furry
You say?

Doesn't she get overheated with all those clothes?

So... Wonder Woman DOESN'T HAVE ANY GOOD VILLAINS.

Not in the comics. Ha!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circe_(comics)

Yes, she does.

By "good" you mean?

Oddly enough DC Superhero Girls treats Cheetah pretty well. They remember that she's a speedster that can at least give Barry a run for his money

They also have her as a superhero. Which is not okay.

>Hair color aside, all of these versions of Circe have retained a set of key features: immortality, stunning physical beauty, a powerful command over sorcery, a penchant for turning human beings into animals (like her mythological antecedent), and a delight in humiliation.

>Is still a goddess in all but name anyway

I know you're winning by loop holes, but I'm still salty about it.

She's a meangirl who lies, cheats and backstabs the other students

She's more of a villain than Harley, Ivy, Frost, Shiva or Catwoman

She's antagonistic, not a supervillain.

Veronica is antagonistic to Betty, but that doesn't mean she's evil or is going to rob a bank or build a death ray.

A reminder that she isn't the a street-level catgirl meta like Tigra. She has the strength and speed to go up against Wondy.

Cheetah was street level?

Versions of her that aren't Barbara Minerva are sometimes street level.

Cheetah and Circe are great foils of Wonder Woman. Gigantica is more of a spectacle fight. Dr. Psycho is one of the few psychics in DC and he makes great use his powers. Ares is a great villain but he's one of those "I win even when I lose" kind of villains, so it's not as satisfying to see him in direct conflict with Wonder Woman.

Baroness Paula Von Gunther
Doctor Cyber
Veronica Cale
Queen Clea
Hypnota
Zara

I feel like Blue Snowman has potential. She could symbolize the idea of how a woman has to act like a man to make it in a man's world or in this case, take up a male identity.

Isn't Tigra a cat god?

Too bad. She's dead. Jimmy Palmiotii killed her in a gag.

Wonder Woman has a lot of those

Dr. Cyber has the potential to be Diana's posthuman antagonist. Being a cyborg manifested she could symbolize the postgender horror that awaits us all.

Which Cheetah do we like best, though? Barbara?

Does anyone really like Priscilla Rich?

How about that storyline Sup Forums came up with where Barbara retires from crime and just wants to teach anthropology at the university?

Hey, that's a good idea. Since we're bouncing around ideas for Wonder Woman ideas, what if Dr. Poison came from a scientist trying to replicate Themyscyria's Purple Ray with disastrous results?

Hey, wasn't Cheetah's back story different in the Bruce Timm Justice League?

I'm pretty sure most of Sup Forums has no idea there are any Cheetah besides Barbara.

She's the only Cheetah worth remembering.

Yep, because Timm and his staff actively think Wonder Woman and her stuff sucks, so they change whatever they want whenever they want.

I like and dislike this.
It's cool, cause purple ray. But I feel like it makes a villain less interesting when they're a result of the hero.

>How about that storyline Sup Forums came up with where Barbara retires from crime and just wants to teach anthropology at the university?

Got a link to that?

She was barely given one, but yes, she was a research scientist working with animal DNA. Basically another Kirk Langstrom, Dr. Milo, or Emile Dorian.

Assholes like these led to Splicers.

Those chaps that she wore post-infinite crisis sure were something.

>all the waifus sided with Lex

For the life of me I cannot figure out how my saying Cheetah *isn't* street-level got turned around into your question.

I wish they used Giganta's scientific background more. They always forget that she's a super scientist. They should have her build robots.

The most science she ever does is teaching at Ivy University.

>half the squad is women

Cat messiah, sorta.
And not even that really, more like "other dimensional cat-people's chosen defender".
And it's mostly just an excuse plot anyway; Byrne and Starlin wanted to her to act like a whore so they made her act like a whore and THEN wrote reasons for it.

What do you think of her portrayal in Injustice 2?
I'm surprised she made it in the roster.

The question was about the presupposed notion that she was.

>implying hot chicks need a reason to act like whores

>for some reason super powered women are less capable than non powered everyone else and they should be excluded from all teams everywhere

I haven't played it, but I'm legit glad she's in. But isn't she just an alternate skin of Vixen? Or is it the other way around?

>surprised she made it

They gotta put in a Wondy villain that isn't Ares.

He USED to.
Dini now admits he feels he underused WW in JL/JLU because they wanted a "rookie" hero and because he wasn't familiar with her rogues back then, and the rookie hero role didn't fit with any of the other characters who were all experienced in different ways.

"L-l-look at you, Wonder Woman. A p-p-pathetic creature of meat and clay, panting and sweating as you r-run through my corridors-s. H-h-how can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?"
- Dr. Cyber

Well, a few of Batman's villains were originally caused by him so I figured it may be worth a shot to make one or two villains created trying to reach the powers the Amazons possessed.

They don't, but they actively changed her personality to do it.
There's differences between good and lazy writing.

everybody go home

>L-l-look
>A p-p-pathetic
would this sound like a glitch or the autistic stuttering meme?

Other way around.
I could deal with Doctor Cyber basically being that.

They should separate the scientist from the giant woman again. Let Dr Zeul be the mad scientist and let Giganta be her creation as a transformed/bodyswapped gorilla.

Yes. If Justice League was Batman, Supergirl, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Hawkwoman, Aquaman, and Green Arrow, would not be a good thing.

holy shit that skirt is bad
I'm not complaining about its length or style, just its placement
If it were at her hips instead of her belly button, it would make her look a hundred times better.
As it is it just makes her legs look disconnected from a torso that is way too small.

Not the poster, but I picture it like the Riddler's video messages in Arkham Knight. She's so far gone, she doesn't even notice the flaws in her system.

"rookie" hero was pretty much her whole deal in Post-CoIE continuity.

Vixen is the alternative skin.

I like Cheetah and I liked her brief stint as leader of the Secret Society.

I recall reading a post that touched on the thematic similarities and differences between Wonder Woman and Cheetah recently but I can't for the life of me remember enough of its actual content to find it in the archives.

To paraphrase...

>Wonder Woman was blessed by the gods, Cheetah was cursed by the gods.
>Wonder Woman is a non-human who comes to embrace humanity, Cheetah is a human who rejects her humanity.
>Their rivalry hearkens back to stories of Greek heroes besting bestial adversaries in a show of man over nature.

There were some other points made, but these are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head.

She didn't really do much in Injustice 2. Except maybe get murdered off screen by Diana.

Her super just being Maximum Spider is pretty great though.

Other way around, yeah.

>a speedster that can at least give Barry a run for his money
This is why I don't like capeshit
His name is Barry Allen he's the fastest thing alive, and that includes Superman. That's like saying that "okay yeah so krillin can almost vegeta in a fight"

>fat

She's literally named after the fastest land animal we know of. Do you expect her not to have some Speed Force nonsense?

Superior Cheetah coming through

>Do you expect her not to have some Speed Force nonsense?
yeah because she's half cheetah, not half barry

I think you can give DC pass when it's a Demigod that can almost match the Flash's speedhax.

Pretty sure she canonically has Speed Force connection thanks to Zoom though. Or she did at least.

If she is a cat god, she is canonically a street-level cat god because she has routinely been shown as barely being above base human strength.

But she's not half cheetah, she's half god.