Sup Forums tropes you love

>the antagonist group is normally disorganized and petty, but shows genuine group cohesion on occasion especially during season finales

>>Villian actual cares for subordinates

Or

>>Hero and villain are shown to hit it off when not at each others throats

>Villain has a totally embarassing or non threatening hobby

>villains out doing normal everyday things like shopping

>Hero and villain are shown to hit it off when not at each others throats

The Shade was a cool guy.

>villain is ready to kill the hero
>"So I guess you're going to tell me all about your evil plan and then leave me to die without actually witnessing it"
>villain then does neither of those things

>it's a fantastic voyage episode

>the villain’s henchmen gain respect for the hero due to his ability to whoop the villain's ass

>Villian actual cares for subordinates

Makes me think a bit about Tarakudo from Jackie Chan Adventures. Maybe not care, but he was pretty good to his minions, especially compared to Shendu and his family.

>Thugs fail to get the Oni mask they were sent to retrieve
>Go back to Tarakudo
>Kneel and expect to be punished
>Tarakudo basically tells them to shake it off and just wait for the next chance, not really seeing a point in punishing his men when they legit tried
>Even treated his Oni Generals with respect

>Villian actual cares for subordinates

This is a major reason why I love Fisk in Daredevil. He only kills people who work for him if they royally fuck up and need to be silenced.

>emphasize EVERY other WORD even when it DOES not make sense TO do so

>Main villain is essentially replaced by a bigger, badder villain
>Main villain makes a comeback, screws over the replacement villain, and becomes an even bigger problem than the new villain

Darkseid screwing over Brainiac in JLA, the Master screwing over the Axons, Sledge screwing over all the other villains, Toomes Vulture taking out Drago Vulture, etc.

99% of his kills are either rivals, someone he knows betrayed him, or someone he knows is about to betray him. He seems like he really knows how to reward loyalty.

>>Villian presents a valid counter argument to the hero's ideals and.has such a way with words that the hero changes sides

Has this happened before?

The speech Cobra Commander gave in GI Joe: Resolute gave me a whole new respect for the character, even though it can be interpreted as

>"haha, you see I was only pretending to be retarded!"

Maybe not switch sides but plenty let the villain go because of the philosophical conflict

>villain doesn't kill the hero because he respects him too much
>villain turns good, joins hero's team
>hero finally kills villain, villain accept his loss with dignity/just smiles and congratulates him

This

And
>hero always smiles
>shit gets serious
>hero is no longer smiling

>The antagonist is actually successfull but his plan didn't work as expected so he breaks down mentally and gives up as he realizes what he has done
>The antagonist can't cope with the loss of his loved ones
>Protagonist wears something he never puts away unless shit hits the fan

> Goofy comic relief character has the highest power level

>Antagonist has some respect for hero
>Villain has remorse for actions
>Idiotic comic relief is the smart one

>Things get more complicated after the big baddie gets toppled
>The protagonist devolves into the monster he/she was fighting
>Main loose end is tied up but there is still ambiguity
>Followers of the protagonist are going to religiously reign fear and death among enemies and non-believers in the glorious name of Protagonist.

Name one story that does that.
because it sounds fucking rad.

>villain who's normally a comic relief goofball but is actually competent and able to kick ass when the situation calls for it

Hater was a good one.

Jack Spicer had potential until they fucked him over.

Hater's a genuinly fun character. He's like Mojo Jojo, but somewhat more competent and better than what we've seen in fuckin nuPPG.
That He-man parody, god it was good.

Dominator's still better, tho.

Seeing this happen to Spud (?) from American Dragon Jake Long was pretty great

>>villain who's normally a comic relief goofball but is actually competent and able to kick ass when the situation calls for it

Even funnier when they end up saving the day in the process.

Jack Spicer was some bullshit. They even showed a future where he comes out on top, but they made him a joke to a friggin' bean.

Aaargh from Trollhunters was such a great development. It seems like he's just the big lovable oaf, only to reveal that he was actually one of the Gummgumm elite. Him one-punching Bular was so cash.