Is this the only movie where a dance party ending was appropriate?

Is this the only movie where a dance party ending was appropriate?

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/news/boss-baby-2-alec-baldwin-hit-theaters-spring-2021-1007888
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Despicable me, it was a dance recital

Was that really an ending or just an elaborate credit sequence? I thought the real ending was Judy giving the speech and then Nick and Judy pulling over the sloth.

That apocalypse movie with Seth Rogen and Jay Baruchel will always have my favorite dance party ending

>Judy will never hit you with her butt.

I actually think the dance party ending was the worst part of the movie. Felt completely tacked-on.

dance parties are made so you humm the song as you leave the theatre.

it gives you ilusion you saw something good

It was the ending credits scene, chill the fuck out

Yeah it was just the end credits sequence

Shakira being in the film at all felt pointless and unnecessary. I knew they added her for marketing reasons but it felt like some of the most blatant pandering of adding a popular celebrity I've seen.

who else could play her character, hmm?

The best part of that movie is when you realize that all the pop music they use, it's not meant to be product placement or background score, it's actually Megamind himself blasting hard rock through the built in speakers of his robots.

fucking presentation, man.

>user expresses themselves in a calm manner
>CHILL THE FUCK OUT

based SUPERvillain

Nobody. Her character served zero purpose in the film beyond having an excuse to have Shakira in the film for a grand total of 2 minutes.

Yeah she felt tacked on (including the ending dance sequence), but.. You know, she's hot so it's okay.

Megamind is one of my favorite animated movies. I think it's a blast to watch. I don't understand how so many people I talk to dislike it so much.

originally she was going to predator rights acitivist

The karaoke dance party ending was the worst part of the movie, unquestionable. Almost as bad as Horton Hears A Who.

based megamind

What do you mean originally? She is a protestor in the film!

The whole celebrity-protestor trope felt so synthetic. Gazelle was a flat character who never did anything wrong or questionable or extreme. She is just shown as somebody without any substance to her views. She's synthetic, lacking passion despite her fashion.

This. It was a tacky and unnecessary scene made to further incorporate that pop-star fursona they were shilling.
I don't know what's worse, dance party endings or jump scares at the end of horror movies.

>You know, she's hot so it's okay.
And you hardly anyone actually focuses on her when it comes to the lewds, so she wasn't even necessary for sex appeal.

She's a public person with a lot of following in the story. Social communicators mind what they say because people do it. It's the same reason Superman never publically takes any stance on issues Clark Kent addresses on the job all the time.
Dammit in the same movie Judy spouts his opinions without thinking and people go apeshit because of them.
Funny, I don't remember apes in Zootopia...

I don't know if two people dancing really counts as a "party". Unless you count their pets.

At least it was an original song. I hate the "everybody sings karaoke to a well known pop song" ending like in Megamind more. Now that is tacked on.

>Funny, I don't remember apes in Zootopia...

Primates in general are absent in Zootopia due to their connections with humans.

It wasn't tacked on at all. Playing cheesy music that fits a situation is what Megamind does within the narrative all the time. He's completely campy as a villain and it's all about presentation. Part of classic villain presentation is music. That's the point. Him starting a dance party at the end to that song is entirely in character.

It felt more out of place in Despicable Me. And the Gazelle and that song were completely unnecessary additions to the universe. It said nothing and added nothing to how we viewed the characters and world.

Well at least we can eliminate one film.

hollywoodreporter.com/news/boss-baby-2-alec-baldwin-hit-theaters-spring-2021-1007888

>Boss Baby sequel

But... how does that work given how it ended?

I know. I just wanna fuck that rabbit, but reality won't let me.

Just cut a hole in the relevant area.

Just because it was in character, doesn't make it good. The rest of the film had some decent jokes and well-written dialogue, and then it ended in everybody goofing around to a pop song.

"Originally" as in "she's a leftover character from an earlier draft of the script". She actually had a role in the story when she was conceived.

>88 life sentences

what the fuck did he do?

This picture is weirding me out. Half of it looks like 3D cgi, the other half looks like a painting.

Shrek could get away with the karaoke ending because the franchise's entire joke is "classic fairy tale characters in a cynical modern setting full of pop culture references". Everyone getting together to sing random pop songs is tonally consistent with everything else in the movies.

You can argue that Sleeping Beauty ends in a dance party, and probably was the first one too

Can't beat that

Stole 40 million cakes.

Could be worse

"SING" is basically Illumination (via MCA Inc.) marketing rehash of their hits. A whole movie about this.

Doesn't maatrr, it's gonna make a killing regardless.

The Boss will have a baby.

That's horrible

Hard to call it a dance party when it was just one couple twirling into clouds.

I actually find it weird that WALL-E /doesn't/ end in a dance party.
It was built up to over the whole movie.

As I remember the whole ballroom was full of people as well. Aurora is just the focused one, she's the princess after all.

And they are partying like it was 1485

>blue

Don"t know why Gazelle is so popular when she dresses like a stripper.

Gazelle & other celebrities in life are not social commentators despite acting like they are more enlightened than the plebian population. It's a bit insulting to wholeheartedly accept the views of snother despite the source having no authority or experience in the subject. It feels more like using politics to increase publicity & in turn using popularity to influence policy. She & others like her don't have a strong grasp on their geliefs if they live in the pink bubble of fame.

Judy did not spout her opinions at the press conference. She only repeated what she had overheard.

How the hell did WALL-E of all movies build up to a dance party?

>remastered version

Those people struggled with lifting their neck. Walking is their equivalent of moshing.

>Don"t know why Gazelle is so popular when she dresses like a stripper.
yeah, how could anyone who dresses like that become popular

it just doesn't make sense

WALL-E was big into showtunes. He danced a bit with a trash can lid in his pod. WALL-E's greatest fantasy would be to partake in a giant musical sequence.

>Don"t know why Gazelle is so popular when she dresses like a stripper.

She's in a red sequined two-piece while at the rally. Fuck, put on a shirt & join the rest of the group!

all he knows is Hello Dolly, that's not really a big dance show

Shouldn't you be raising your wife's son?

>Judy did not spout her opinions at the press conference. She only repeated what she had overheard.
She was not an authority on anything she commented on and only brought about mass hysteria for it. She should've given the case facts and shut up about anything else.

Projecting, much?

Well the fact was that in all known cases savageness only affected predators. Saying it could be biologically limked is a reasonable conclusion. Even if she didn't say anything, the public would have connected the dots & somebody would claim the same with the same resulting hysteria.

I remember when it came out everyone I talked to said it was lame so I ignored it for years. I can't believe so many people have such awful taste

Correction, she's wearing a zegra-print. But my point still stands on her being a poser.

possibly, but the dots being connected by an authority figure goes a lot fucking further than some random yahoos doing the same.

>Saying it could be biologically limked is a reasonable conclusion.
That is an induction, which can more often than not prove false, and in fact did. Flatfoot, just shut the fuck up and if the press want a medical or psychological opinion, have them get an expert.

I don't care enough to see this movie. How the fuck did it end to the point where a sequel won't work?

So is it really Judy's fault for being a middlemammal or the media for reporting it? NB Should ZNN be at fault for lack of journalistic integrity? Should we blame the messengers just trying to provide as much information as they can to the public, even if details are still in development?

It was a fairly supported induction. So out of the fourtedn/fifteen/more animals affected, they all happen to be predators? One-tenth of all Zootopians are predators. There comes a point when the numbers are no longer incidental.

I will never not be upset this was not an alternate ending.

Diet would explain it just as easily as biology. That took me about 10 seconds of thinking to come up with, I'll let you speculate on how many other equally reasonable explanations there are.

To compare, let's say that there was a string of viruses and all the people infected had a navel piercing. Few people have such a piercing, but for only them to have the virus? Correlation suggests a relation. It doesn't prove it, but with repeated experimentation & greater research, perhaps.

Diet is related to biology. Diferent species require different diets. A cause could be diet, but it doesn't change the fact that it is affecting only predators.

We see predators and prey eating the same foods at least once, yes it does change the fact.

But just because they ate one food together doesn't mean they are always eating the same food together. Heck, you can have a bunch of people eating chips & dip but only some get sick from the snack. If the only people getting sick are lactose intolerant, it's likely restricted to sickening the lactose intolerant.

she didn't know any better, but it is absolutely her fault. She had no place speculating, and even then didn't have any explanation for her claims. The media is simply reporting what she said, that there might be biological reason for the crisis. She had no further support for it, so they just reported on that.

also 14/15 out of however many millions is not a good sample size in ANY discipline, but particularly not one where lives are at stake. A just as likely explanation is that they all ate from the same batch of tainted fish or whatever predators eat, and is just as unsupported.

Well when a baby grows up it can't be the Boss Baby anymore. That's sort of the problem with having a movie based around a baby and ending the movie with the baby grown up.

>implying the sequel can't be in between the plot ending and the movie ending while the baby is still a baby

YOUR CLOTHES ARE RED

>Implying the sequel would have any weight given what we know about adult Boss Baby's life

We already know exactly what happens to him, he's a rich fuck with a wife and shit is all perfect with everyone happy. The characters aren't unique or cool enough to care about seriously, so there wouldn't even be any reason for anyone to watch it.

But isn't it the jourallists' duty to report relevant information?

Regardless of how small the sample size the fact s that predators are going savage. There was no known cause at the moment. You don't want to be around anyone if they suddenly turn, especially if they're a predator.

the journalists are not at fault

if you don't know the cause, don't speculate, because you're probably wrong

>liking megamind
thank God I'm not alone here

Flora's a dumbass. Her solution is to raise Aurora in the middle of the woods instead of a heavily fortified castle & during the final stretch of the deadline you decide to drop some massive bombs & drop your awareness?

>It's a marketers are slowly ramping up posting of Megamind threads to garner interest in a sequel post
Now where have I seen this one before

a heavily fortified castle is a lot more obvious than a tiny cabin in the middle of the woods

not to mention Maleficent just strolled into the castle the first time

It wasn't Judy's speculation, it was a researcher's. If anyone reported that it was only predators who were affected, the resulting hysteria would be the same.

The main irl in megamind had a huuuge butt

>People genuinely think shilling on Sup Forums is somehow effective marketing

You'd literally be better off buying a sponsored article on CartoonBrew. Trying to build up "hype" here is like trying to build up hype by making a Reddit thread or an Imgur post.

It worked for awhile, didn't it?

The scientist did not speculate publicly. Judy is an authority figure reporting on the (assumed) facts of the case. That there might be a biological component to the savageness is speculation, not fact.

Then why didn't Maleficent drop on the infant & killed the princess then & there? Why didn't she turn into a dragon there, kill a bunch of nobility, & leave in a puff of smoke?

she likes fucking with people

Can't find the gif, but it is even better in motion

But the scientist did tell the mayor the he should tell the people that it was manly predators going savage and it my be linked to biology.

So by that logic Judy was simply following the advice of the scientist.

shockingly, loose cannon cops who take matters into their own hands are not good cops, regardless of what the movies tell you

But Aurora still succummbed to the curse in the end.

Why the fuck were they so scared of the curse anyhow? As long as someone loves Aurora, that coma would be a power nap.

she reported an untested hypothesis, that's irresponsible

better to avoid having to find Aurora's true love altogether, since what are the chances he'll just wander through the giant forest randomly and happen to meet her?