DC BUYS MARVEL

Let's play a game, Sup Forums.

Disney decides their Marvel Comics line is no longer profitable and decides to sell the publishing rights to Warner Bros. ONLY the publishing rights of their comics, so no movies, TV shows, games, and all that other jazz.

YOU are in charge of the publishing plan, and have been ordered to come up with seven titles for a possible first wave and their creative teams.

Who do you choose?

Gerard Way immediately creates a Doctor Strange ongoing

>This.
And Jason Aaron is ripped off Thor and given New Genesis.
Get Soule back on Swamp Thing and FIRE NICK SPENCER, as a start.

oh fuck no I don't want Aaron's garbage anywhere near the New Gods

Heros live in places that arent New York.

Get nick spencer to start writing injustice, you mean. You might actually have a comic deserving it's high sales, then.

Also immediately set off AMALGAM REBIRTH and when its undone, end a serious load of Marvels current roster: character death upon splitting, erasure from history, et all.

Marvel considered buying DC in the late 70s/early 80s before DC managed to get New Teen Titans on the ground which revitalized the company. Jim Shooter talked a bit about it. It never went so far as negotiations, though, it was just some people who thought it would be good.

New gods = trashfire. When Aarons good he crushes it. When hes awful hes terrible. What should he get?

>immediately revert Jubilee to her pre-vampire self using the magic of MULTIVERSE or HYPERTIME or something and ship her with Tim Drake
fired

Yeah, I think in the plans Shooter said that if they managed to acquire DC's characters, they'd actually use the Captain Marvel title for Billy Batson.

If Spencer is on Injustice, what will Slott do?

The Mighty Avengers: Geoff Johns/Jason Fabok

Uncanny X-Men: Scott Lobdell/Jim Lee

The Amazing Spider-Man: Gerry Conway/Mikel Janin

Guardians of The Galaxy: Dan Abnett/Ethan Van Sciver

Deadpool: Joe Kelly/Patrick Gleason

Daredevil: Greg Rucka/Greg Capullo

Fantastic Four: Jonathan Hickman/Guillem March

Haha okay yeah correct.

Yeah that was something he talked about. This was during the period when Marvel still had a stipulation on them that unless they published a title called "Captain Marvel" at least once every five years the title would revert to DC.Which is why Marvel kept pumping out weird Captain Marvel minis.

Oh shit good lineup

America fuses with a character and both die. Who does she take with her?

Personally, this is who I'd choose:

Spider-Man by Joe Kelly and Ed McGuinness
The Hulk by Brian Azzarello and Gary Frank
Thor by Peter Tomasi and Doug Mahnke
Captain America by Tom King and Steve Epting
The Avengers by Geoff Johns and Jim Lee
X-Men by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo
Fantastic Four by Grant Morrison and Alan Davis

Nobody, she falls through a crack in reality and has trippy multiversal adventures under a competent editorial/writer/artist combo and it blows everybody's minds but doesn't sell at all.

All the parasites ruining Marvel get fired and blacklisted.

Goodbye Quesada, Alonso, Brevoort, Slott, Bendis, Aaron, Spencer and everyone who worked on a shitty "diversity" title.

Fug I want this now.

It would be worth it just for that.

>D I V E R S I T Y F I R E S
aesthetic

Spider-Man by Geoff Johns
X-Men by Geoff Johns
Avengers by Geoff Johns

Fuck the rest, shower in money.

That's not what OP asked you.

whatever would piss off both sides

>Hydra Cap and his army vs Injustice Regime Superman

Huh actually I kind of want to see that as an AU.

Hank Pym and the Metal Men by Keith Giffen
Spider-Man by Geoff Johns
Gerard Way's Doctor Strange
Captain America by Tom King
Guardians of the Galaxy by Rick Remender
Fuck I'd sell a kidney for these creative teams

>getting rid of Duggan on DP
this would be a mistake, but otherwise these would be great choices.

>morrison fantastic four
I just came.

Geoff Johns on Amazing Spider-man

Did these for fun.

He already did some FF

I love johns but i didn't enjoy his justice league, and I doubt he's do better on Avengers. He should have a solo book, shit give him Nova

He already wrote Avengers, my man.

That's easy. Just put Gabby Rivera/Erica Henderson on anything/everything.

Oh shit, was it good?! Now I got to check it out

>Marvel Hypercrisis

It was alright, but its popularity was short-lived. I think it was just an excuse for the kids to say "dick"

Cry, mostly

if marvel went under and/or got bought out by DC the first thing on my mind would be a revival of the marvel family line

Giffen and DeMatteis on Great Lakes Avengers

King on Squirrel girl

Orlando on Champions

>Dudley with a mustache

holy shit

Anyway i'd rather they stick with Billy/Mary/Freddy

What was the point of the Lieutenants Marvels? Like, Mary is the female counterpart, Freddy is the "junior" sidekick, Hoppy is the mascot, Dudley is the comic relief... what the fuck are the lieutenants?

bump

Geoff Johns on JLA: Justice League of Avengers

they gave him a mustache cause at the time the Shazam TV show was airing and the Dudley stand-in had a mustache.

Batman defeats everyone in battle.

The end

They were basically just three guys who also had the same name Billy Batson so the magic word worked for them, too. Each of these Billys had some other kind of characteristic that distinguished them from regular Billy: One was named Tall Billy, another was named Fat Billy, and another was named Hill Billy.

I think they were originally created before all the characters you mentioned, so they were probably trying to think of side characters to add.

As nice as that would be it's more likely to be the other way around, movies are where the big money is made so you don't risk your competitor being able to sabotage them by giving them control of characterisation in the comics and if WB doesn't get the returns they're looking for Disney may think that they can do better.