Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LxXjsQbCZR8
youtube.com/watch?v=DKaU0aNGGPM
youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk
youtube.com/watch?v=4QAlt4Sfl7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=KXieUnh_bcs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=LxXjsQbCZR8

Was cheesy in the book as well. I remember reading it the first time and thinking, this is corny as hell bruh. I usually glossed over it afterwards. Jackson should’ve known better.

Jackson is a hack

>bad

even those who defend the film as a masterpiece will admit that it was a bad scene

youtube.com/watch?v=DKaU0aNGGPM

how else would you handle a character waking up from a coma induced by their own last minute turn to evil and then getting reunited with a band of brothers they had left (for dead, mind you) and presumed never to see them again?

fuck you all. the scene was perfect

It was fun 15 years ago. People were sharing this clip via Kazaa.

I don't remember any of that happening in kung pow

Does that happen in Kung Pow?

sorry meant for

Might as well just admit you don't like the movie

It's an appropriately corny scene. Elijah Wood just hams it up for some reason.

It’s not the reactions as so much as it is the filming and editing of the scene. Gandalfs long creepy laugh, Frodos slow mo reactions to everyone, Sams look that looks like he just did a sneaky fart or something. The book had corny bits as well like people laughing at stupid shit and people bursting into tears whilst joking and singing like poofs. They’re both masterpieces but that scene in both mediums was handled super gay

Has Sup Forums contrarianism gone too far?

or I am admitting that it is a good movie with one bad scene

>Implying this is anything out of place in Kung pow
Pump your brakes kid. That movie's a treasure.

He is. Listen to the EE commentaries. The Hobbit trilogy is what happens when Jackson gets to do everything he wants. Jackson is responsible for most of the over the top bullshit in the LOTR trilogy. If the technology was available to him, so much more would have been CG

W-what?

I wonder who kept him in check on Rings? Someone from New Line? Once Warner Hacks bought the rights maybe they said “yeah go for it Pete, you have free reign”

>he doesn't know about the fantasy Shield-Surfing technique

kek

>he didn't think this was the coolest shit ever as a kid

Fran and Philippa, as well as the design teams. The Hobbit didnt have the luxury of thinking things through and getting feedback on ideas, it was literally point the camera at the actors on a green screen and come up with the rest later. If there isn't a solid script in place ahead of time then there is no way for people to look at Jackson's ideas on paper and say "lets not do that"

There is absolutely NO reason why Legolas wasn’t capable of soliing the entire Mordor army and destroying Sauron and the ring after his feats in TTT, ROTK and the Hobbit movies. Fellowship was the only movie I felt like he was in danger. His biggest feat in the books was shooting down a fell beast ffs. In the book he just felt like one of the boys who was in the same amount of danger everyone else was in. Even though at times you got a hint he was holding back. ITS CALLED SUBTLETY PETE, LEARN IT!

>they don't know...
Dudes, have you not seen the behind the scenes of on-set crew talking about how Peter inherited a disaster and was under pressure to just pick up and keep going? They were rewriting stuff by the hour, fights went entirely improv. The production was a miserable job.

this movies really bad. anyone who says differently is a faggot who needs to stop memeing

Nice bait faggot. The Hobbit was a shit show because Jackson had to pick up Del Toro's pieces and slam fuck a movie together in time for the studio's deadline

There are 3 hours worth of BTS scene literally saying that the entire production was Jackson trying to wing it in a retardedly small time frame

I do know, it still doesn’t excuse his bizarre choices he ended up making. He chose to shoot in 48fps cameras and as a result they had to nix most of the prosthetics. It’s why CGI was used in alot of the orcs. He should have used that experiment on a smaller project with less at stake

Ah my favourite meme
>b-but he had no time
He had plenty of time you apologising white knight fags. Problem was agreeing to do 3 fucking 3 hour movies out 300 pages of source material. 1 and fucking done, not hard. Plain greed from all parties made it shit!

>a smaller project with less at stake

A smaller project would probably be one he actually cared about, unlike Hobbit which he had to know would be a shitshow because of how he came onto it. So as far as he was concerned it was the right place to take a big dumb risk; it's going to be shit anyway, why not?

Love that scene desu. Wouldn't work normally, I'll admit, but their adventure was so dark and wounded them so deeply... It just felt proportionate.

I'm not apologizing for him you mong but there was half a decade of planning for the original trilogy as opposed to the 1 year for the Hobbit

When I first saw this with my parents I was quite embarrassed at this scene. It looked like a weird sex scene. Everyone was laughing and shit and it was gay as it can be. I thought Frodo had gay sex with all the main characters and they only showed this post-orgasmic gayfest.

Pretty sure that was decided early on in the piece. Lke I said, they had to scrap whole characters and scenes because of that. Even the landscapes looked wrong compared to Rings. Which was one of the strengths of the series

Honestly the shield surfing is great. Elephant surfing was bad and everything in the Hobbit is a travesty

But don't hate on shield surfing

No, they were planning since about 08 and like I said it doesn’t excuse the choice for milking it for 3 movies. He caved into Warner Brothers and bit off more than he could chew. Lotr btw was planned from about 95. Not a whole decade. He wanted to make King Kong first.

>Not a whole decade
I said "half" you troglodyte

Stop responding to me.

This is the only genuinely bad scene in Kung Pow, solely because the novelty of a CGI cow fighting a person isn't at all as funny in current year as it was in 2002.

so it's basically a star wars prequels deal? hmm.

Half, whole. Whatever. Doesn’t make my point any less valid. About the same amount of time. And for a smaller book btw. It was ALWAYS planned to be 2 after they started rolling. At times before it was considered to be planned at one movie. No one aked for a trilogy. No fans did. He is as much responsible for the mess as much as anyone else is.

>Half, whole. Whatever. Doesn’t make my point any less valid.
If you can't even read properly then you're not worth arguing with

Any scene with Jared Leto.
except for American Psycho.

>still avoiding the point
If you have to resort to that then I’ve proved my point. White knight something else that’s not out of your capabilities my man.

>Everyone was laughing and shit and it was gay as it can be. I thought Frodo had gay sex with all the main characters and they only showed this post-orgasmic gayfest.
You spend a lot of time thinking about gay sex, huh?

you would cave in to making it three movies too if they threatened to hand the Hobbit over to Brett Ratner

I'm not defending him at this point nor was I ever

Dallas Buyers Club was awesome, fuck you

>not posting the best version
youtube.com/watch?v=4QAlt4Sfl7Q

Yes, even right now

pls

youtube.com/watch?v=KXieUnh_bcs

All these years later and I still cry from laughter.

Nu/tv/

its funny cause its true what a hack, paid millions to act like a fucking spaz