"Netflix Greenlights Sequel To Will Smith's Bright, Even If The World Didn't Like It"

"Netflix Greenlights Sequel To Will Smith's Bright, Even If The World Didn't Like It"

Why are they trying so hard to push a false narrative against this movie? This article doesn't make a single mention of the extremely positive audience reception and yet they have the audacity to claim that "the world" supports this opinion. Like, in what universe have critics EVER been the majority opinion? They make up such a minuscule percentage of the people who go watch the movies and yet they act like they're the final say in a movie's quality.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamespot.com/articles/netflix-greenlights-sequel-to-will-smiths-bright-e/1100-6455868/
youtube.com/watch?v=eJ3RzGoQC4s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Randolph
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hollywood Jews crying as their Empire burns all around them

>Hollywood is real

and.... HIDE

"Journalists" live in their own universe, it's the same trap they fell into when they got blindsided by Trump winning.

What a GLARING DISCONNECT

Even so, this article uses loaded nonsense like "universally panned" to try and downplay any critical positivity about the movie. 30% of critics liking the movie still represents a sizable fraction of reviews and yet those people don't even have their opinions considered. The movie's gotta be bad because the RT score has a green splat on it. People don't understand how to read these ratings at all which makes it all the more absurd how much value they put into them.

It's clickbait, you fucking idiot. You would recognize this and stop making shitty threads if you didn't have the mentally capacity of a 7 year old.

Journalism/critics/ratings etc. are about as real as Hollywood.

but you know that

>defending a shitty movie like bright
sad desu

No, clickbait is "This Thing Is Happening And Here's Why". It makes you click the article to find out why. This headline, amazingly, tells all the pertinent information without a need to click the article. The problem is that it's a blatant lie.

ITS HER TURN!

those critics are racists and should be fired

That's not Star Wars.

>it's a blatant lie.

So click bait then? Retard. And you took it

(((The World)))

>clickbait

this retarded meme.

'clickbait' is just a cover for propaganda. Always has been.

I know it which makes it all the more annoying that the average person, who is not being controlled by any of this, obsesses so much over whether or not a film has a good rating, decides whether or not to even watch it just because the critics told them not to even if a friend is recommending it to them, and even when they watch it they just regurgitate the critic's opinion verbatim instead of coming up with their own.

Why would a blatant lie make me click the article?

There's nothing even remotely political about Bright. Which makes it strange that they're picking this movie as their target.

Because it paints a provoking narrative, especially if you have your own opinion already.

Bright literally thinks that black people are disgusting orcs.

What? Will Smith is black.

>42 comments
I wonder what they say

gamespot's owned by CBS, they have a vested interest in telling everyone that the new netflix movie was shit

Just watched it and it pretty much made the point that race is real and there are differences between them. Orcs are the blacks, elves are jews, and humans are humans.

gamespot.com/articles/netflix-greenlights-sequel-to-will-smiths-bright-e/1100-6455868/

Feel free to have a look for yourself.

>the (((world))) didn't like it
it was an okay movie. not worthy of hate. just a one time watch

>when it comes to Bright, the future seems bright.
what a wordsmith

Hollywood is starting to lose relevance, these kikes are grasping with the last bit of power they have, in 20 years China and independent stuff will have a sizable share of the market

the average person just ignores Hollywood at this point. (as they should)

the only audience left is the dummy normies, and even they're beginning to figure it out.

Think I may have to unsub from Netflix

>There's nothing even remotely political about Bright
Amazing.
How fucking paper-thin is your skull and soft is your greymatter that something as blatant racebait as Bright doesn't fucking register for what it is?

No one is this stupid; You're obviously trolling or are being fucking paid.

It's about as political as I.Robot, but (((elves))) don't like the movie

>Netflix
Netflix was created by Marc Bernays Randolph, a great grandson to Edward Bernays who pioneered the use of propaganda, renamed to public relations for the purpose of mass manipulation in a consumer society. Everything that Netflix produces is made to brainwash you. The documentary The Century of the Self describes Edward Bernays work.

youtube.com/watch?v=eJ3RzGoQC4s

Randolph’s paternal great-granduncle was psychoanalysis pioneer Sigmund Freud.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Randolph

>everyone is returning except Max Landis
So maybe it might be good?

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

>Even if the world didn't like it

>world liked it, critics didn't like it

TIL that critics = the world.

Are people just using this to reply to the post they feel didn't get enough attention at this point or what? I'd almost suspect this of being automated if I wasn't one of the people posting it.

at last, now I see

I take it as next level sweetie posting but with nerd flavor.

desu it was a pretty shit movie, not as bad as critics are making it out to be though

Critics =/= the world.

People are so bad at sweetieposting. I'm an expert at it so I know that you can't just use the word sweetie, it's much more effective if you switch it up with words like honeybunch and sugarplum.

Oh sweetie, you've been a bad little muffin. Mummie's going to have to teach you a lesson schnookums. Yes, you're going to have to lick mummie's snickerdoodle and chocolate gumdrop sweetie! That's the only way you can learn my little plum drum giddly boop. Now give mummy some sugar you little autistic faggot.

Thank fuck

Critics have better taste than you, sorry user.

>but (((elves))) don't like the movie
if they're going to do racial allegory they might as well name the names for the racial stand-ins fuck sakes.

> will smith says elves in Bright are whites
> no one gives a fuck least of all whites in charge, could still get work in entertainment

> will smith says elves in Bright are jews
> literally get called hitler and is exiled from entertainment industry forever if not killed "mysteriously" by cancer or heart attack

t. critic frustrated he's quickly losing relevance

Say what you will about China, but they are MUCH better than Hollywood at doing action scenes that don't have a million fucking cuts in them. I can actually watch a Chinese action flick without getting dizzy.

>Gamespot

If you don't like video games then *jerks thumb and makes clicking noise with tongue* there's the door.

Reminds me of how the media pushes the false narrative against trump.

I didn't hold more than 15min, this movie is an embarrassment. And I'm no jew

>Even If The World Didn't Like It
in what world they are living?

They're scared.

hol up

can someone explain to me why there's such a big divide between critics and general audience regarding this flick?

i mean, the movie wasn't that bad, i enjoyed it for what it was but can't understand why it's so hated by critics? the same ones who seemingly don't mind fast and furious and other blockbusters

Why are these stupid cunts so fucking arrogant?

"The world didn't like it."

Take the audience score. Sure, you can say the audience doesn't have taste, but it's clear people liked it.

Maybe you don't believe the audience score because you're a contrarian faggot. What about the fact that it got many more viewers than Netflix's other movies? Or its rating on Netflix?

What is up with these faggots thinking critical opinion is divine?

Also super disappointed Landis isn't coming back -- that's where most of the interesting shit in the script came from.

I liked it, only the critics didn't like it.

Watching Netflix go down in this horrible death spiral is pretty damn hilarious. They're so desperate for content they'll green light anything at this point.

the script for this movie is terrific

green lighting a sequel to bright is the smartest thing they done

I liked it. Ending was kinda deus ex machina-y but it seems like a universe worth exploring. Wish they made it a series instead of a movie though.
No, I'm not american, and not black or white.

Jews should shut up about Bright. They're drawing more attention to it and exposing themselves

"When it comes to Bright, the future seems bright."

Its like they have 12 year-olds write these articles now

>Ending was kinda deus ex machina-y
You really should've been able to see the ending coming after the first 30 minutes when the shield of light bum guy says "Brights are usually elves, but occasionally they are humans, too."

I was expecting Jakoby to be a bright orc though

The article says "The World Didn't Like It."

Lets see what the WORLD ACTUALLY SAYS

> 6.5 out of 10 on IMDB
>7.3 out of 10 on Metacritic
>87 percent of the audience on Rotten Tomatoes likes it

Averaged rating out of 3 websites is a 7.5, the median rating is a 7.3

All of the critics are bashing the shit out of it and no critics have it about a 3/10 but that doesn't mean the audience disliked it. It seems fairly well received, at least well received enough by audiences for Netflix to vote with their money and order a sequel.

It was going to be one or the other. The fantasy genre convention though is that the main character always has the highest power level, so usually you would guess Will Smith.

I like how bad journalism gets all of you Sup Forums cucks to defend a bad netflix movie.

> a bad netflix movie.

meh, its a 7/10 movie. If i get 2-3 "good" movies a year from netflix its worth it.

Delusional libtards thin theyre the world.

Majority of the world still hangs faggots.

The world are critics now? Huh sounds like black mirror

you forgot your meme parentheses, shill

>Marc Bernays Randolph
Randolph left Netflix in 2002 after helping guide the company through its initial public offering two years earlier.

I guess audiences in general are thinking this way, but audiences tend to either not notice flaws or forgive them much more than critics will. I mean, it has a LOT of flaws.

No interesting characters, trope-guided character moments, plot arcs with little point (hispanic gansters), repetitive plot devices (maybe 6-7 times the plot goes forward because the main characters happen to run into some gangsters), predictable developments (like Will Smith being the Bright), abandoned plot threads (Will Smith's family), etc. etc.

It was pretty much average or below average in every way.

shut your lying mouth