>The Captain Marvel movie coming from Marvel Studios has revealed minimal details ahead of its production...

>>The Captain Marvel movie coming from Marvel Studios has revealed minimal details ahead of its production. The film will follow up the titular heroine's introduction in Avengers: Infinity War, with Brie Larson in the role under the direction of Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck.

>>Now, the scientist behind some of the Marvel Cinematic Universe's most detailed and intriguing moments has revealed a connection between Captain Marvel and an already released Marvel Studios film: Ant-Man. As the story goes, Captain Marvel's powers will be better understood with explanation of the Quantum-verse introduced in Ant-Man, according to Dr. Spiros Michalakis, a quantum physicist and staff researcher at the California Institute of Technology.

>>"This is exciting for the future," Michalakis said. "There are different ways that some of these ideas appear on-screen in a few years. Not just for Ant-Man, but also for Captain Marvel and all of the Marvel Cinematic Universe."

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/marvel/2017/05/25/ant-man-captain-marvel-quantum-verse-/
twitter.com/brielarson/status/846053133973254144
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>>With the tease of Captain Marvel's powers being explained, the immediate conclusion to jump to is the film telling an origin story. While Michalakis was unable to go into further detail about Captain Marvel, he did tease what it takes to take flight, in the closest thing to terms us non-scientists can wrap our brains around.

>>"Gravity, as Einstein said, is nothing but the curvature of space-time," Michalakis said. "The curvature of space-time is the curvature of something we call the manifold, like a 4-dimensional structure like the sphere, or a globe. So, if you understand that, and manipulate that, you can change the curvature of space-time. Hence, changing gravity."

>>During a visit to Marvel Studios headquarters, ComicBook.com had a chance to check out the first concept art of Brie Larson in her Captain Marvel costume.

>>The costume was pulled straight from the pages of Marvel Comics. The most notable difference is the downplaying of the yellow which grabs the eye of those looking at Carol Danver's constume. Instead, it is a much lighter yellow, which can appear to be white at a glance. Otherwise, the suit on the cover of Kelly Sue Deconnick's Captain Marvel #1 is a quite accurate representation of what fans can expect to see in live action.

>>Artist Andy Park did point out that the costume is still evolving and Larson has not yet tried on the design featured in the concept art images.

comicbook.com/marvel/2017/05/25/ant-man-captain-marvel-quantum-verse-/

TL:DR The Quantum Verse gives Carol her powers...I think....they're kind of confusing about this.

i figured it was going to be like a replacement negative zone, still sounds like a trainwreck.

>Rewriting Carol's origin to be less beholden to Mar-Vell and more stand-alone
>Make her beholden to Hank Pym in the process

BRAVO FIEGE

So no Kree involved? Or are there still going to be Kree?

Hank goes to the YASSS Queen and Pym slaps her so hard she gets super powers.

what part of gravity did you not understand?

the scientist is probably talking about the graviton giving her powers. As a stretch I guess I can see it.

It would be cool to have Michael Douglas appear in this

>what part of gravity did you not understand?
Well...
>>"Gravity, as Einstein said, is nothing but the curvature of space-time," Michalakis said. "The curvature of space-time is the curvature of something we call the manifold, like a 4-dimensional structure like the sphere, or a globe. So, if you understand that, and manipulate that, you can change the curvature of space-time. Hence, changing gravity."

Is Quantum Realm going to be Marvel's Speed Force as a source of bullshit powers?

kek, fair point user. General Relativity is a bit weird.

Is she gonna like get her powers in Infinity War because it seems stupid to have no real explanation
There's been 2 Spiderman origin movies but nothing about her

I don't even understand Speed Force.

Wasn't the original explanation of PymParticles that matter was added and removed to and from another dimension when you size changed or am i confusing this with the explanation for Colossus' powers?

Neither does DC so you're fine

Based Marvel, respecting their characters. I am glad the Carol I love from the comics will be on the screen in a 1:1 representation.

That's were I'm going it's so fucking confusing and you can use Speed Force for more than run fast.

Also pic related

Sin City is the only 1:1 comic adaptation, period.
Even Watchmen gets a lot of shit wrong.

there's is a Scott Lang page where it's explained that mass and size work independently of each other. But pym particles do work as some sort of extra dimensional spaces. probably like string theory, like rolled up dimensions

this image raises more questions than answers desu

He's called the Watcher, not the Explainer.

>Otherwise, the suit on the cover of Kelly Sue Deconnick's Captain Marvel #1 is a quite accurate representation of what fans can expect to see in live action.

It's such a shame we won't get to see the superior costume take flight.

eh, as someone who has worked out the math the size and mass changing can work if you fudge it a bit. Just change mass of the electrons. The main thing is that weight has to be decoupled from mass, which means you have to use higher dimensions or decouple the mass from the graviton. Using higher dimensions to store mass/energy fills out those two axis very easily.

agreed

I don't understand why woman hate this costume so much considering it covers more skin than a female gymnasts outfit covers

So they are giving Moonstone's power to Carol?

Nothing to do with coverage, more that it makes her look like the Madam at a house of Discipline.

Don't hate it, but the new costume is much better.

how so? it's got nice bright stand out colours

makes her look like an unremarkable z lister
you might argue that's what she is, but a defining part of her personality since House of M is she wants to be more than that

especially since the lightning bolt is even more generic a logo than the already scraping it hala star

he's just saying her powers of flight are explained that they work by manipulating gravitational energy in the movie, same as in MoS

>thigh high boots
>dining gown gloves
>ass hanging out the sides
>all made from shiny black leather
>sash draws the eye right to her crotch then left along her bare thigh, making her seem more naked than she is

But will it be yuri?

Hopefully.

not until disney changes its unpatriotic ways and stops giving a shit about what the chinese and russian market wants

Honestly all they need to do is lower that ridiculously high cut leotard thing to something that covers more of her ass and upper thighs

The Pym Force.

You mean like it was originally?

>stops giving a shit about what the chinese and russian market wants
And this would require Disney to stop giving a shit about money.

DAMN that's a good costume

twitter.com/brielarson/status/846053133973254144
Feige pls.

american money should be the only money an american company cares about.

z-lister you say? Call me crazy but she fits in quite nicely with this crowd.

maybe if you remove everyone but thor and wanda

Praying for pic related...
Please god let the outfit be dceu Superman type leather/rubber & not god damn cloth again...

I can't wait for this movie to get a shit ton of money, but triple the terrible reviews.

It won't fail, but at least people will know it's shit.

user, you know we're not going to be that lucky.

>thinking brie larrison has the body to make that costume work

I hope it flops