Where is Glob Herman? Where is Magik? reee

Where is Glob Herman? Where is Magik? reee
Also X-Men Gold/Blue thread. Are you guys enjoying the books?

shameless bump

BUMP
is Guggie fucking everything up as usual?

No. The book is not great but at least it feels like X-Men.

>reading modern X-Men
>still letting it get to you
You're got nobody to blame but yourself.

Also, Glob Herman is terrible and Magik hasn't been good since Zeb Wells was around.

Nobody wants to write Magik. She was Lemire's waifu which is why she did so much in the last run. She is mostly just a bus and forgets how to do anything but swing a sword.
she did just pop up secret warriors

Glob Herman is in Generation X

Give me the other New X-Men Kids and stop using the two worst generations Guggie you fucking pussy

I'm more interested in where Sage and Pixie are.
I am actually enjoying X-Men Blue and Gold for the most part.(Blue more than Gold though.)

I'm also enjoying Weapon X and Jean Grey

I'm easily entertained.

yes, but I like Blue and Weapon X more. Gold is my least favorite one so far.
I thought Kitty Pryde was written better in Generation X than Gold.

Also, Jean Grey has been good so far.
Gold is the only one I am kind of indifferent too, and I like Blue ins spite of the 05, not because of them. Bunn has been good with the X Men since his Magneto run.

I wish we had Emma as an XMen again but I cant see a way to rehabilitate her after she killed innocent people with Sentinels in the last issue of IvX (completely ruined all her character development since the first Generation X in the 90s) and she wouldnt even have done that in the 80s as a villain.

Magik had an appearance in Jean Grey #2 this week.

>I wish we had Emma as an XMen again but I cant see a way to rehabilitate her after she killed innocent people with Sentinels in the last issue of IvX (completely ruined all her character development since the first Generation X in the 90s) and she wouldnt even have done that in the 80s as a villain.
I have a feeling Emma will be the next big X-Death.

I think a comicbook only have to make you want to read the next issue. The problem with being "easily entertained" is that you will end up reading everything that is been put out, and nobody has time for that.

The Generation X book look awful, dont know about story though.
And about Emma: was a fuck up. I really like her too, way way more than Jean.

And the triplets also disappeared.

>I think a comicbook only have to make you want to read the next issue. The problem with being "easily entertained" is that you will end up reading everything that is been put out, and nobody has time for that.
I kinda have read everything related to X-Men at this point, except for Cable and Deadpool related stuff, or any of Wolverine's solo series.

Modern mutants are so fucking lame, they're worse than Maggot. They need to come up with interesting mutants.

I like Glob, the triplets, Armor, Quentin, Magik and they aren't modern. And the problem is not the mutants, the problem is the writer.

I like blue more than gold so far, gold has been very irritating with it's political messaging and it's just not as fun as blue is.

>gold has been very irritating with it's political messaging and it's just not as fun as blue is.
Meh, I just ignore stuff like that and look at it in the context of the story/comic universe.

>Where is Glob Herman?
Does anyone actually give a shit about Glob Herman?
>Where is Magik?
She just showed up in Jean Grey

As for enjoyment, yes I'm enjoying it. The X-books haven't been this good in years with nothing happening I the Bendis years and them just spinning their wheels in the Terrigen year

Yeah but it doesn't even make sense in it's own universe, you can't deport natural born american citizens, they only do that to make a shot at drumpf.

>They need to come up with interesting mutants
they can't because fuck Fox.

Did Anole's arm get unfucked? Who is that girl on the top right in the bottom panel?

I hate how they were working on making Hellion the new generation Magneto for a bit and then just completely downgraded him into a bully rather than devote some time to addressing he's one of the 300 some mutants that survived the war on utopia. I mean they did a bit. He saved somebody after Rogue threatened to kill him by separating somethijng from her molecule by molecule until she was ok. But everytho ng after that was just "nah he's the jerk of the school" and that's why i stopped reading X-Men. New cast of character in five years or less and no one gets any resolution. Damn near most of that cast I liked doesn't get any panels anymore. No surge or mercury or anole...nobody.

Yeah that's the problem with being a fan of the new young x-teams in general buddy.

It's more that all of him is equally fucked

Armor

Where's Strong Guy? I know he isn't in hell anymore.

He was on the last page of Secret Warriors #2, along with Archangel, Beast, Magik, and two other characters I didn't recognize.(Maybe one was Boom-Boom?)

The x-books need action and drama. The writers should use the new/non-classical mutants for drama.
Also, when they take young mutants out of the books/teams without any explanation it become an issue to continuityfags. Even if you hate some character, like Magik, it makes no sense not having her on the Gold team: she has been commited to the mutant cause for a long time.

WHO?

he appeared here in the last page, stopping Karnak's car with his hand (there were more inhumans in the car like Kamala or Moon Girl)
thhose Inhumans escaped from the Steve Rogers concentration camp into mutant territory (northern california)
Steve Rogers is allowing a separatist mutant state to exist inside the border of his country because he isnt strong enough to go to war against mutants. Magneto agreed with this.
Also, the leader is Xorn.
It is called New Tian.

Strong Guy was drawn very hot even if he had no dialogue

Remember...

Im not arguing that. It's much more that Marvel refuses to let people age. Hellion's class should basically be college freshman even on a sliding timescale. They're still 16ish though.

Emma should be in her 50s or 60s.

Still love you Emma! I never get tired of Morrison's Emma Frost.

Also, Emma was lying about her age in that issue, which ties into the reference he was making in this particular issue.

Well, if the young/new mutants should age I think everyone would have to age too.

>Anole and Rockslide
They live!

In an ideal world, yes. I would support aging out characters. After awhile, you can only do so much with a character before you simply retread old character arcs.

>She is mostly just a bus
Do you have an aneurysm every time you try to come up with a term that doesn't come from playing video games

What reference was that?

Bus is a video game term?
I thought it was because she's the Magick School Bus.

>not knowing about the magik school bus thing
user have you not been in an X-thread in the last twelve years?

Underused as fuck, even more after she started studying magic with Dr Strange.

The Maggie Smith movie: The Prime of Miss Jean Brody.

That issue is almost verging on plagiarism, if I am being critical of Morrison's meta narrative.

It was the Cuckoos who outed Emma and Cyclops' affair to Jean.

Wow, you're a special kind of stupid, huh?

Some X-Men fans have taken to calling Illyana "Magicbus" because she essentially the X-Men's Magical School Bus.

For the Millennial generation out there, Maggie Smith is known for playing that Professor MacGonnagle from Harry Potter.

Back in the day, she was quite the looker and fiery actress.

>back in the day

And who's the qt wearing glasses?

Ah, I see.
I'm not much of a movie buff, outside of some John Wayne, Cary Grant, Clint Eastwood, and Dean Martin films, I haven't watched many "older" movies.(Older being 70's and later)

I'm unsure about Sup Forums's policy on aging actresses.

Maggie Smith is still the looker and fiery actress. Too bad Hollywood doesn't have any real parts befitting an actress of her legendary caliber.

That is actress Pamela Franklin. She played the manipulative mastermind, Sandy. She is the Esme analog. Emma Frost is the analog for Maggie Smith's titular character: Miss Jean Brody.

>Best boy on worst book
Fuck you Marvel

Please let someone kill moon girl I hate her so much.

>Who?
Strong Guy. A handsome mutant who is really huge. He's a big guy.

Isn't the green dude supposed to have an arm that looked like he called a thousand times a day.

His entire body got as bulky as his arm was, ruining his look.

With zero explanation, he's suddenly back to his original design, which also looks lame.

>thhose Inhumans escaped from the Steve Rogers concentration camp into mutant territory (northern california)
>Steve Rogers is allowing a separatist mutant state to exist inside the border of his country because he isnt strong enough to go to war against mutants. Magneto agreed with this.
>Also, the leader is Xorn.
>It is called New Tian.
What the fuck did I miss?
Is there another event going on or something?
Is this Xorn the one from Battle of the Atom? Or is the future brotherhood still MIA?

There's not a physical attraction to her, but as a person I like her quite a bit. Sigourney Weaver is definitely on the list though. And Julie Andrews. And Jamie Lee Curtis.

He started out as Lila Cheney's personal bouncer. Then graduated to X-Factor and recently King of Hell.

Fucking Peter David ruins characters as thoroughly as Bendis.

That Beast looks so dopey it hurts.

The design was actually pretty well done in that one issue of IvX. Too bad Charles Soule gave him literally the most nonsensical and inept dialogue.

Stop writing Beast, Charles Soule, you clearly understand as much about Beast as Bendis did. Which is to say not at fucking all.

Agreed in full on all accounts.

Damn, do I love Sigourney Weaver. Tell you what, it's a crime against humanity that Sigourney Weaver hasn't won a single Oscar.

Pic is Weaver fan service.

>she has been commited to the mutant cause for a long time
Which has always bugged me.
When she (or rather her demonic clone) came back, her only goal was Limbo shit. Getting the missing pieces of her soul back.
She gave a shit about her brother and childhood friends, but "the mutant cause" was no concern of hers.
Even Kitty, her old best friend, was all "fuck you for being a copy of Illyana."
Then Gillen makes her crazy and Bendis just tosses fucking EVERYTHING out the window, with Illyana being a total team player and Kitty's BFF who acts like a teenager half the time.

And THAT is the version that got popular.
Is this what fans of classic Harley Quinn feel?

PAD had clearly stopped caring in the last few years of X-Factor.

Also, fuck him, Kyle, and Yost for keeping Wolfsbane out of the New Mutants revival.

there's an arc in which he goes to the future or some parallel world and some time pass and when the x-men find him and some other kids they are all grown up

Secret Empire is going on.
Not this Xorn.
The future brotherhood was teased in the end of the first issue of X-Men Blue among other things.

>that beast
jesus christ

Judi Dench?

I love me some Judi Dench. Special shout out to Helen Mirren. She was great in RED and RED 2, but damn, does Sup Forums need to watch Helen Mirren in Caligula and The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and her Lover.

Will warn Sup Forums that both movies are rated NC-17 and contain pervasive nudity, sex, violence, and graphic content.

>there's an arc in which he goes to the future or some parallel world and some time pass and when the x-men find him and some other kids they are all grown up
It was the distant future

But he was only there for a year. He got swole because he got flamed by a dragon and his regeneration powers grew everything back really big and spikey

Is it on netflix?

In which book did it happened?

Extraordinary X-Men

Don't bother. Seriously.

It was. That's how I watched it.

Check again, it may be on Netflix. I actually have it kept on my favorites list.

Great cinematography and the use of color is exceptional.

>And THAT is the version that got popular.
It was the redesign user, the tits got her popular. She didn't really do much, she just happened to be in the room more.

Right, forgot to bring up the hideous costume people love so much.

Bachelo has admitted he is terrible at costume designs.

Fuck. My eyes are open and I cannot unsee this truth.

I don't like when people draw her like a all grown woman with big breasts. Her sinister nature works better when she's like a teenage girl. So many people drawn her just like Emma, the only thing that could be used to tell them apart was the costume.

But if she still is only a teenage girl it ruins her relationship with Kitty. She can grow up, I just want to see the sorceress queen I know she can be, a right and proper hell lord. Not a schoolbus with a sword.

also these people have 13-14 years old? this triggers my autism.
The artist working on the Champions book knows how to draw kids who looks like kids.
When the old cyclops was still around and in the same panel as the O5's Cyclops they were almost always draw with the same height too.

I'm not saying she has to be a teenager forever, just saying that not every woman has to be super athletic and have big boobs.
All that aside, I want to see her becoming a great sorceress too.

forget pic

I would think the O5 X-Men are around 17 or 18 by now, right? There was that 8 month skip after all.

Campbell has the worse style, why does he get so many variants?

>There was that 8 month skip after all.
Two, actually.
One leading into Secret Wars and the one following Secret Wars.

>Does anyone actually give a shit about Glob Herman?
I do, he is a character with potential, did you read spider-man and the x-men? They could explore how Herman accepted the fact that he is a pink candle and explain why he is a bully.

I like all of them so far but Generation X. I guess they decided to put all the Tumblr pandering in one book, which is fine by me. Didn't read Jean Grey though, solos for team characters are dumb.

I was going to say that, but I thought the first 8 month gap didn't happen once all the universes got remade.
But if both skips did happen the O5 are at least all 17 now, I think? With Beast being 18 or 19, since he's supposed to be oldest, unless that was retconned.

How is generation X tumblr like?

Jean was in college in Extrordinary X-Men, so she has to be at least 18, yea?

>Jean was in college in Extrordinary X-Men
>even though she never finished high school
>and it was a fake mutant high school at that
This always kills me when they try to play the Institute as an actual school.
What college would ever accept these students?
A majority of the fucking faculty never finished high school/college.

A degree from Xavier's/Jean Grey's pretty much allows you to join superhuman paramilitary groups:
SHIELD, HAMMER, AIM, SWORD, Avengers, USAvengers, etc.
It probably also looks good on a resume if you plan on working for a superhero like Tony Stark, Jennifer Walters, Peter Parker, etc.

Also it can give you connections and contact to other mutants and maybe even Superheroes. Recommendations from the staff can also be very beneficial.
Imagine! A letter of recommendation from Avengers like Wolverine. Or even SPIDERMAN!

>Martha

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME

>Where is Glob Herman?

In Generation X, needing glasses and being boring as fuck now that he's no longer an obnoxious dweeb character.

>Weapon X already has a crossover with Cholk three issues into its first arc.

FFS, really?

>The Generation X book look awful, dont know about story though.

There's basically no story so far. A new character is introduced, Shogo apparently can walk now (why is Jubilee being a single vampire mother still a thing?!), the cast fight each other for a stupid reason, and then the Purifiers arrive to their front lawn to exterminate everyone as the cliffhanger.

Cuckoos became shit the moment they stopped being a creepy hivemind and became individuals with dyed hair to differentiate them from one another. I mean, at least you could ignore the retcon that they were Emma's clones because it never came up but their current state, fuck that.

I miss Surge

but maybe this is for the best

was Gen X even any good?

>Nobody wants to write Magik. She was Lemire's waifu which is why she did so much in the last run.

She was literally an X-Men flagship character from Schism onwards until this run finally dropped her.

You are part of the problem.

What problem?

>Yeah but it doesn't even make sense in it's own universe, you can't deport natural born american citizens

That doesn't stop racist asshole demanding muslims who were born in America to get out. Why would it stop mutie haters?

And she was basically just a magic bus. We traded a malicious borderline evil Illyana with plenty of story potential for this "it's just like my Kitty x MagiK shipping in the 1980s!" shit.

If you have to ask, you're already too far gone.