Has a comic or cartoon ever changed your life?

Has a comic or cartoon ever changed your life?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qUhHfF0u6vg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'd say that The Sandman did for me.

Same.

in subtle ways maybe

it could be argued everything Ive read has changed my life in one way or another.

I will say, once I stopped being a filthy normie and ACTUALLY read some superman comics, I did get a little bit more optimistic in life, but I was coming out of an edgy teen phase anyway.

No joking: Jim Lee's art convinced me to work out.

I remember I seeing Lee's Jimmy Olsen and thinking "damn, even Olsen is jacked! Why can't I?" I was 15 and was hyper thin.

this, it showed me I could define my reality by redefining myself. lost 60 lbs dressed the way I wanted to dress got laid finally and opened up to empathy.

problem is I had a hard backslide due to some misfortune and my attitude, that reminds me I still need to read the filth

Flex Mentallo.

Mai Chans Daily Life

Ask me to be creative and then go a step further.

somewhat similar story for me

Invader Zim changed my life in a negative way: the germs episode gave me a crippling germ phobia that lasted for years.

yup, love and rockets helped me reconnect to my family and culture. as well as come to terms with my sexuality.

Dave Sim convinced me that dying alone isn't so bad after all and it's okay to be undesired

This and transmetropolitan

I read Robert Crumb and now I'm involved in the violent overthrow of the United States government

Taught me to be TRUE and HONEST

Yup

Specifically this video
youtube.com/watch?v=qUhHfF0u6vg

that's a video not a comci

They made a huge DORK out of me, so not for the better.

Fine.

Dave Sim's comic book taught me that anybody can make a comic book that's beloved worldwide. Even me. Even you. Even a crazy person with untreated schizophrenia.

And even if you start off with shit quality, anybody can improve over time with the right attitude.

Flex Mentallo made me remember to LOOK UP! every now and then

One could say a certain show about pastel horses has saved me from possibly the worst depression of my life and made me a happier person once more and given me hope

someone should storytime this

Fury MAX helped me get over my ex and stop being a pussy pushover

awe

I don't think any kind of media has ever changed my life in any way that wasn't so subtle that I wouldn't be able to point it out. I just don't get how people have life-changing experiences from watching a movie or reading a book. My brain must be wired entirely different.

Agreed.

yeah Y The last man made me hate women

Pretty much the same here, together with American Gods.

Yes. Saga of the Swamp Thing made me pick up comics as a serious hobby. My wallet has been hurting ever since and I regret nothing. I used to think western comics were just dumb shit for kids.

Flash, superman and batman saved me from a crippling depression

Asterix, Donald Duck, and Calvin & Hobbes were my holy trinity as a young kid and made me want to be an artist (which I'm still pursuing).

Other comics like One Piece, Born Again, The Sandman, Transmet, Usagi Yojimbo, Akira, have changed the way I look at things. Although not nearly as drastically as the ones above.

Superman, Flex

Not neccesarily a particular comic but asking myself "what would superman do?" routinely has made me a genuinely better person, nicer and with more friends. And it honestly feels so good.

Yea I first read Morrison's stuff a little over a decade ago when I was into drugs in high school and it was a gateway to a lot of really great literature and art and post-modernism in general which definitely changed the way I think.

Kind of embarrassing to admit but it's true.

introduced to post-modernism. Poor you.

Even though I'm not a fan of that show, I'm glad it meant so much to you and saved you from a dark period in your life, user.

It's pretty cool when you're 17 and fucked up on drugs and hate your life