What went right?

What went right?

Other urls found in this thread:

corecommendedcomics.wikia.com/wiki/Superman
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nothing

Nothing. Everything DShit does is nothing but a tantrum from greedy fat entitled child who thinks they deserve to run every industry. How else can you explain them CONTINIOUSLY dumping some of the worst movies ever made and refusing to stop? They're trying to kill all superhero movies and now that they have AT&T to bail them out they're willing to tank their company to do it. Or look at their comics where they're double shipping tons of variants and doing their stupid return policy so that they can pretend to sell comics when they aren't. They're spiteful, lying shits who think they're better than everyone else, and they don't care about their company as long as they can hurt Marvel. They know they're dying and they're just trying to take Marvel down too.

I wish everyone who ever worked on or saw a DShit movie was fucking beheaded. DShit is the worst company of all time and does nothing but intentionally kill industries out of spite. They think that since they're incapable of making movies that nobody should be allowed to so they're trying to collapse the movie industry. They need to be arrested and put on trial, because this shit is criminal.

Say no to DShit comics, merchandise, games, movies.

The comics division? They gave their manchildren base back the old shit they wanted. And lots of Batman.

The Animation division? They cut costs to the boner by outsourcing the animation frames to Nigeria. (at least it looks that way). Plus it's almost entirely Batman.

The movie division? They don't let critics review the movies until weekend plans are already set, and they jam Batman and/or Joker into most everything.

Nick, man, you okay?

You seem like you have a lot of issues to work on

Kek, literally not a fucking thing

not being Marvel

Everything. Even new 52

>Plus it's almost entirely Batman.
what an odd way to spell Robin

>What went right?

nobody wanted to admit capes comics are a nostalgia market

DC doubled down on nostalgia

Marvel keeps trying "innovate" the equivalent of tv dinners

They took a battering on sales over the last few years and actually took the time to think about what went wrong and corrected course. By all accounts, they've improved the treatment of their creative talent and take steps to cultivate new talent and secure what they do have. i.e. It's not just the same three bozos writing every book the way it feels like Spencer, Waid, and Bendis write every fucking Marvel book.

We've had tons of threads about how people like Humphries and Bennett write decently readable books at DC as opposed to absolute dogshit or the way Soule and Lemire went from great and average books at DC to average and awful books at Marvel. There's such a noticeable drop in quality between the same fucking creative teams at each company, you know the ball's getting dropped at the editorial level.

Can someone recommend me good Superman stories? I'm trying to get into DC and I want to hold conversations about Supes.

kinda unreaIated but i finished The Long Halloween and it was bretty good minus the ending.

Not being owned by Disney.

corecommendedcomics.wikia.com/wiki/Superman

I recommend going with Birthright, For All Seasons, Lex Luthor, Red Son, Kingdom Come, and All-Star if you're going to be reading physical copies since they're in like every bookstore and pick-up-and-read friendly. The single issues on there are classics though so if you're reading digitally/pirating then go through those first as a lot of people insist on doing background reading to really get the "full effect" of All-Star or Kingdom Come or whatnot (which I personally think is unnecessary but probably varies from person to person). Anyway tl;dr that site has a good list.

Kingdom Come is a dogshit Superman story though.

I disagree. Kingdom Come is an amazing Superman story, about him coming to terms with being a figurehead for a world he no longer understands, but helped define.

Even if you end up disliking it, it's pretty much required reading if you want to talk about comics/Superman with anyone else. It'd be like telling someone not to read The Metamorphosis because Kafka wrote better works. It just doesn't make any sense.

Based Geoff Johns.

Snyder.

None of that SJW crap.
I'm okay with diversity (like the Chinese Supe comics) but not shit like Miss Carpet Munching Chola.

OK, explain to me how a story in which Superman QUITS just because people don't like him anymore is good. A story in which he gets pussywhipped by an OOC Wonder Woman into turning into a fascist prick. A story that ends with him trying to murder a bunch of people because they DARED to defend themselves. Please, I'd love to hear this, I need a laugh.

>movies

that's WB

unlike Disney, WB never created a separate studio for superhero movies

there literally IS NO SUCH THING as "DC movies"

>What went right?

New 52

>manchildren base

the "manchildren" audience is the reddit audience, which ONLY reads Marvel

>Miss Carpet Munching Chola
who's that?

You must be new to "Let Them Eat Cake" beat. That is Bruce Wayne.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholo

this is important

America, I guess?