5>4>3>6>1>RO>2>7>8

5>4>3>6>1>RO>2>7>8
You can't debate this.

Attack of the Clones is worse than The Last Jedi, which was utter shit.

>5>4

>You can't debate this.
alright, why post your terrible opinion then?

EA>>>>>>>all

No, the story atleast made some sense

3 is utter shit. it has the worst dialogue of all time, way worse than the previous two, and no epic action sequence can erase that cringe. i lost my sides in theaters and i have never been able to sit through the whole thing ever again.

5>4>6>7>RO>8>3>1>2

The acting and the scripts for all of the prequels are just terrible. Even the weakest of the original trilogy movies has competent acting and actual emotional resonance. TFA was fine, but unoriginal with TLJ just making so many bad decisions that it gets ranked lower.

I unironically support this.

/thread

8>7>3>RO>2>1>5>6>4

4 > 3 > 5 > 6 > I > I >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> VII

Cancer:
VIII

This.
Only Soy Boys put ESB over ANH

>3>6
MUH EWOKS
MUH DEATH STAR 2

Remember Jabba's Palace? Remember the Throne Room? Remember the actual feelings Vader's redemption brings as he dies after being redeemed?

Remember NOOOOOOOOOOO? Remember 20 minute lava lightsaber fight that no one cares about? Remember Hayden whining out all his lines?

>3>6

Can we stop

A shit movie thats fun to watch ironically and surpassed rock bottom expectations is not better than a good movie that is spotty because you can evaluate it as an adult.

agreed

It's been a meme for over a decade now, but I still get angry when people say Revenge of the Sith wasn't shit, and that ROTJ was worse

I'm honestly starting to get tired of the god damn prequelfags shilling for their god awful childhood movies because the sequels are bad

Piss the fuck off, the prequels are garbage, and no amount of daily shilling will change that

wtf. episode 8 was bad, but the story was simple enough

Yeah probably

No one wants to admit TLJ is more competent than the prequels because it's such a fuck you to fans.

luke lives in a hut made of brown bricks because he's a master at minecraft and his dad works at microsoft

3 had the worst dialogue of any of the movies, how can any of you rank that shit north of #5. I watch that shit for comedic relief, not for Star Wars.

4>5>3>RO>6>7>1>8>2

2 was worse
>sand
>"emotional" I killed the women and children scene
>all of Anakin's cringy sexual advances

4>5>6>7>8>RO>3>1>2

come on people I'm not even that much of a star wars fan

4 > 5 > 6 > 3 > 1 > TFA > 2 > TLJ = RO

5>4>6>RO>1>7>3=8

1>3>4>RO>5>6>7>8>9
Gosh is not hard to understand at all.

5 > 4 > 6 >= 3 (close call) > R1 > 2 > 1 > 7 (aka 4.2.0) > a flaming bag of dogshit >>> 8 > Christmas special > Han Solo
Calling the last one now
>muh prequels were all bad
still a thousand times more engrossing and emotionally charged than any of Disney's soulless pseudo-postmodern corporate paint-by-number rehashes. Burn in hell, mouse.

Why are you cucks rating Rogue One so high? It's mediocre at best.

5>7>4>8>6>3>1>2

I tend not to rank R1 because I used to put it between 6 and 3, but on a rewatch it was unbearable to sit through up until they get to Scarif, and even then it starts going into payoffs for unearned moments and pointless fanservice.

I'm still trying to decide where to put it, but I currently put it at least below 3.

I figure 8 may go up on rewatch because on rewatching it, and the more I sit and process and discuss it with others, the more I actually liked what I saw.

But considering 8 had two of my top 5 all time Star Wars scenes (Holdo's jump to lightspeed, and Rey and Kylo having the force pull fight over Luke's lightsaber), it at least deserves to be that high.

Some of the Star Wars films aren't even mediocre.

Because they are contrarian, they hate the prequels because they are new but love rogue one because is newer.

5>4>3>6>1>7>RO>2>8

RO was forgettable. The prequels are scorched into my brain as garbage forever.

Perfect OP.

Agree with this

Honestly, because it is currently the black sheep of the Disney related SW movies, it is connected to the OT, and contrarian opinions.

I'm sure some of them have seen it recently, but I feel like a lot of people who keep thinking of Rogue One as anything more than below mediocre have not rewatched it past their initial viewing in the theater and during the hype cycle.

Like anything Rogue One came close to touching on as a theme or idea, The Last Jedi did better.

And it damn near fails as an ensemble piece because, as my boyfriend puts it, he can't remember the name of ANY of the main characters of that film, and when I rewatched it with the exception of Jyn, K2, and Cassian the rest of the cast is poorly introduced and barely developed.

kys

This honestly
It amazes me how I can love star wars and yet think that all of the movies bar maybe two are shitty flicks. I guess there's something about the setting, the characters, the philosophy that shines through the muck of Lucas's terrible writing and makes it lovable, because I still rewatch all six movies every now and then and it's not a "so bad they're good" thing, I genuinely enjoy it. But R1 was a decent movie even though it jarred with the star wars universe, and on some basic mechanical points it simply outperforms the prequels.

4>5>6>1>2>3

we don't count 7-8-9 since they aren't made by lucas

>TLJ better than RO
What the fu-
>woman or possibly faggot
Ah, now I understand

I can tell you why they shine through
It is a mix of the mythical, fairy tale elements, the hero's journey/monomyth ideas, and the use of Akira Kurosawa film making and elements.
The way that the first film was introduced in media res, in a universe that the viewer is only getting a glimpse into.
At least that is what sells me.

>yfw that perfect Bioware-esque opening for Rogue One
>Yfw the Disney committee came in half way through and reshot everything for family appeal

Frankly, I enjoyed it because they made the movie as it was supposed to be: Informative about the spies who acquired the death star plans, without any major changes to the original trilogy. All the new characters introduced perished. Not much much was known about the new characters because they were just that; a band of nobodies. My only problem with the movie is that it demonstrates the further incompetence of the Empire despite them holding control of the galaxy.

I love Halo Reach and RO was basically that but in the Star Wars universe

Seriously, rewatch Rogue One. The entire first act is a mess that jumps around until they get to Jedha and taken by Saw's rebels. There are whole plot threads and ideas that are introduced that are just dumped (like the Bor Gullet tentacle monster, which I guess was meant to set up and explain Bodhi's mannerisms and eccentric behavior as well as create tension with dealing with a pilot who has information but can't even remember his name, but as soon as they get out of Saw's base he is pretty much back to normal and that whole side thing is never brought up again). Characters are not properly introduced or given time to develop. Hell, look at how Chirrut introduces Baze. With how he speaks, and just dropping his full name, but talking like Baze is someone else not present, it makes that whole scene confusing. Especially since Baze's name and entire character is dropped in a very expositional manner.

By the time we get to Eadu, most of the major issues with the film are sorted out and the film actually has momentum. Scarif is great but a lot of the "payoff" doesn't feel earned or even well executed.

I have more, but running out of characters to tell it all.

Like Rogue One is okay on its own, and I may rewatch it again, but I put it somewhere around the prequels as kind of below average and that may get lower as time goes on. Though that seems to be a trend with Gareth Edwards movies.

Was more like Halo 4.

Self-contradictory characters? Gratuitous side-plots? Unearned payoff?
This is all sounding very reminiscent of a recent box office flop, what could it be...

Justice League

I gave a shit about the characters in Reach. Every main character in Rogue One is a literal who. Even the HK-47 rip isn't memorable

6 > 8 > 3 > 5 > 4 > 7 > 2 > 1

My genuine and unironic opinion.

I agree, the first two are the only ones I really enjoy rewatching. RotJ gets really stupid and feels like it's for babies. Nu Wars is too assembly line to be digested over and over. And the prequels are the prequels, I'd rather look up certain scenes from them on youtube and have a good laugh.

Anything is debatable you fucking dweeb
ANH=ESB>>>TLJ=RotJ>>>RotS>TFA>>>TPM>>>>>AotC
RO doesn't count. As a SWfag I have accepted that ANH and ESB are the only two KINO SW films that have or ever will be made. Everything else ranges from great flick material to mediocre schlock. AotC is the only SW film that I truly dislike.

5>4>1>6>3>2>7>RO>>>Fight me

>rockandvindiesel.webm

5 > 4 > 6 > 3 = R1 > 1 = 2 > 8 > 7

6>5>4>3>RO>7>2>1>8

Rogue One is the best Star Wars movie. After seeing VIII I can't take Luke seriously anymore.

>Remember Jabba's Palace?
Yes it's terribly boring. All the puppets are gay. The alien dancers are nice but that's it.

you're a gay puppet

Unique, but I totally disagree with you.
>RotS above ANH and ESB
Yikes. I can understand RotJ being a favorite It was my favorite as a kid, but TLJ 8.5/10 for me and RotS being above ANH and ESB just seems so fundementaly wrong to me. Thanks for the opinion though user.

Even worse than the drawn out lava fight is the absolute cringe worthy dialogue and acting in the Anakin/Obi/Padme scene before it.

I enjoy the prequels ironically for all of the memes, but I honestly don't see how any of them can even compare to ROTJ, let alone 4 and 5.

5>4>6>8>7>3>RO>2>1
I sincerely don't understand how anyone could rank them differently

5>4>6>8>3>7>RO>2>1
Prove me wrong.

>The acting and the scripts
Maybe read a book then, retard.

Official ranking:

5>4>6>3>2>RO>7>8>1

Nothing will ever be more disappointing than TPM.

3 = 5 > 4 = 6 > 1 > R1 > 2 > 7 > 8

FACT

1>3>7>2 i hvnt wchd rest

5>4>6>7>RO>3>8>1>2

5>4>3>6>RO>2>7>8>1

Wow, good call OP! We surely needed another Star Wars thread! I know this board has been filled with them for the past month, but your thread is really special. Thank you for your contribution!

This. I'm amazed that so many people (or maybe it's the same autist) declare ROTS to be this forgotten gem. It's garbage. It was garbage then, it's garbage now. It ruins every decent plot point the prequels had in their holster.

5>4>3>6>RO>7>8>2>1

>>The ONLY acceptable order for a true SW fan

5>4>6>3>R1>1=2>8>7