Rick and Morticia

How much the show would have changed if Morty was a girl instead of a boy?

Other urls found in this thread:

morticia-deck-mobile.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

More images!

More rape.

Even more images!!!

more anons would fap to the mr jellybean scene
>there are people on this board right now that fapped to that scene

Cancelled after the first episode

It would kind of ruin the novelty of Justin Roiland voice acting the two main characters, unless you really want to hear him do a fake female voice.

Also, I have no idea what this character would even be like. I genuinely cannot imagine how you can write a character that has the exact same mannerisms and personality as Morty but with a vagina and female figure without it being jarring as fuck.

I don't see the problem of writing a female Morty with the same personality as the original Morty, a good character is always a good character even if you write it as the oposite sex.

Contrary to what some may lead you to believe there are fundamental differences between the sexes, more specifically in the decision making process and psyche. For example, Dutch neuroscientists find that women and men react differently when making a decision under a stressful situation. The general trend is that men are able to make quicker decisions, aim for larger long term rewards and risks, while ignoring smaller risks setbacks. While women tend to take more time to make decisions, focus more on immediate risks, and aim for smaller, less risky rewards.

I agree but the core of a character's personality and motivations and development ought to be strong enough that, even if they don't perfectly transition between sexes, it should still be fairly strong and interesting

>male character is ugly
>female version of character isnt ugly

Delete this

I disagree.

>objectively good looking woman
>sexually aggressive
>gets beaten up by men when she hits on them

Johnny Bravo wouldn't have worked as a woman

I think it has to do more of how the perception of Morty will fundamentally change. Having him be a girl with the same personality makes him look more desperate and sympathetic and changes the dynamic with certain characters.

Why AREN'T there more female ricks and mortys?
With an infinite amount of parallel universes at least half of them have to be female right?

it's literally morty with long hair

but if you consider that at the moment of writing a character you might fall into stereotypes of the character's gender, remember, not all women and not all men, there might be women who don't think before making a decision and there might be men who prefer thinking before doing things, at the moment of writing a character you have to write a person before you considerate the gender, the gender might influence certain things like personal preferences and hobbies but not the overall personality.

>objectively good looking woman
>sexually aggressive
>gets beaten up by men when she hits on them

Fuck, now I want to see that.

The portal gun can only access the central finite curve.

We've been over this a million times.

It's the reason Rick says 'We've only got a few more of these, max'

because the humor of Johnny Bravo getting beat up comes from a reversal of appearance vs strength.

If Jane Bravo appeared physically stronger than the men she hit on, the joke would still work

Oh, that's just the social stigma, you know, the same stigma that prevent us to have more female protagonist in dangerous situations without calling it sexist.

It might be neat
but it'd be shot down faster than a blimp full of Somalians over the White House
>OMG, you can't EVER hit a woman
>if a woman wants to have sex with you and you say know, you're a bigot of some kind

Some of the high school scenes would be different, they'd work around some of the minor jokes, and the Gazorpazorp episode would have gone down a lot differently for several reasons.Other than that, not much.

M. Night Shyamaliens.

That's not at all what it would be

The main question is how persistent is female johnny Bravo? The core of it is you have to make it clear that her pursuing the men is superficial but she's dogged and determined to do so, so the men get put off because they want a deeper connection than what she's offering

If you want to make it more in line with popular conceptions of men and women in relationships, have the woman be yandere about getting men into actual romantic relationships, have her be a real Casanova so to speak

She would still buy the sex robot, but she wouldn't impregnate it.

Men don't generally go around beating up women when they annoyingly hit on them.

What if the robot could still be impregnated by a girl?

>Morticia, I'm gonna need you to take these seeds, and put them waaaaay up inside your butt, as far as they'll go
>You simulated my granddaughter's genitalia!?
>The whole gazorpazorp episode

That's because men in general are desperate sluts with low standards.

So it would impregnate her?

I could see it happen. Alien impregnation is an old trope, though that episode would be FAR darker.

>Long-haired brunette girl whose name begins with M causes the apocalypse

Seems familiar

Are you saying men should beat up women? Not saying I disagree, I just want to make sure.

Ifeel like it would've been Mrs. Jellybean.

you sicken me Sup Forums

>Ok morticia I need you to grab this and shove it up to your ass
>b-but uncle rick I'm a girl!
>good thinking Morticia, here take another one.

I think you need to get help user.

The voice should be kept the same, it'd be funnier that way.

I think you need to learn what a joke is.

If it's a feminist it's a lost battle, you can't teach an old bitch new tricks.

>If Jane Bravo appeared physically stronger than the men she hit on, the joke would still work

nah, it would still be terrible.

Unless she hit on just the smallest most nerdy guys possible, and they responded by getting violently indignant about that. that's bizarre enough to short out biology and suspend peoples disbelief.

good one

It would basically be Rick and a more jittery Tina from Bob's Burgers.

I think people would hate Rick for not going easy on his granddaughter.

Morty's already enough of a punching bag without a vagina. Besides, there's a reason Rick hangs out with Morty and not his older sister: he thinks Morty can handle rough situations better. Would Summer take megaseeds up the butt for Rick? Unlikely. Could he ask Morticia? I doubt it.

Now, if it were Ricarda and Morticia, then it wouldn't be "over the line," but old women are the least likely to tear around on drunken adventures. Ricarda would mostly hang out in the garage drinking sherry and maybe go on drug runs with the portal gun. Maybe more of a demented Jane Goodall character?

>It's the reason Rick says 'We've only got a few more of these, max'

I'm pretty sure he was referring to how many times the show could pull an ending like that before the audience gets sick of it.

Don't bing your autistic reddit theories here, the portal gun can access ALL dimentions. The reason he says 'We've only got a few more of these, max' is because the Council of Ricks would have tried to shut his ass down if he kept swapping realities.

>Thinking Morty can handle rough situations better because he is a boy and not because he have a better mental health and stamina.
Rick asking Morticia to take the megaseeds up her butt isn't really that farfetched.

Thought it was because of almost identical dimensions are scarce if you take in consideration that probably other ricks screwed up planets at the same time and looked for a new dimension to live.

>How much the show would have changed if Morty was a girl instead of a boy?
well if we go by the Morticia in Pocket Mortys(and some doodles the crew member who designed her drew and some comments she made about her), she's apparently stronger willed and more determined than the standard Morty and overall less willing to put up with Rick's crap, also since she's the only one with a changed gender quite a few things probably change, neither Raising Gazorpazorp or Rick Potion No 9 probably happen here(although to be fair those are probably fairly unique events among the various Rick & Morty pairs throughout the multiverse)

also here's a site with a bunch of different and adorable versions of Morticia;

morticia-deck-mobile.tumblr.com/

I always figured it was more that finding a reality that is both fairly close to their native dimension and has a Rick & Morty that are recently dead enough that they can slip in with no one noticing is pretty hard, so they can't use that as a solution too often

What's autistic about thinking that finite means finite?

Obviously, it would be bad writing if he had infinite cop-outs, and so they won't happen, but it's better for the narrative to rule it out explicitly, otherwise you get into "why didn't the eagles..." territory.

No fuck that idea of yours it does get pregnant adds more confusion and raises questions on how a sex robot got pregnant by a girl.

that's stupid, besides Raising Gazorpazorp is the worst episode of the entire show why would you want it to stay, literally the only good thing about it is the gag with Marmaduke's creator towards the end of the episode(well that and female Gazorpazorpians being pretty hot)

>The portal gun is limited to the central finite curve because it would be bad writing otherwise
It's autistc to think that the creators of R&M would let bad writing stop them from putting something in the story. We've already seen a multitude of cop-outs in R&M. We've already seen Rick's entire motivation reduced to a dipping sauce. Do you really think "bad writing" is going to stop them?
The central finite curve is, as it's name would suggest, finite. But there is nothing to suggest that the portal gun is limited to this finite area. Unless Rick put limiters into the gun, which is something he would not do.

>The whole gazorpazorp episode
I'm actually imagining it exactly the same, and part of the joke being how everyone But Rick is confused at how the robot got pregnant

An actually good post for once, wow

>I'm actually imagining it exactly the same, and part of the joke being how everyone But Rick is confused at how the robot got pregnant
that's retarded

morty abuse scenes would be alot hotter

...If the portal gun isn't limited to a finite area, why would the only area they talk about be called finite?

I mean, nobody would talk about non-bottomless pits unless they really want to dispel the idea that the pit is bottomless.
Same logic as talking about non-alcoholic beer. It's beer, but it needs to be made clear that it is not your usual beer.

>We've already seen Rick's entire motivation reduced to a dipping sauce.
Well, Rick is a straight shooter who wears his heart on his sleeve, so we can probably take him at his word there.

>But there is nothing to suggest that the portal gun is limited to this finite area.
Except the term central finite curve, as used by the portal gun's inventor.

Look, they'll add any dimension the story requires, but they need a fake way to limit the options so that the characters can't just portal away from every problem, say into a world where they just solved their problem and dropped dead.

That can't happen twice, for the sake of the show, and for the characters to have the gun and still two brain cells to clap together, they need to have their options artificially limited, otherwise they'll do the logical thing and portal up an instant and story-ruining solution.

Well, mister genius. Care to explain how a teenage girl could impregnate a sexbot?

>that's retarded
considering the theme of Rick and Morty, it's actually pretty plausible.

Nanomachines.

Robot penis have tentacles that go into the uterus and snatch the ovule there(if there are any) bring it to the robot to fecund it with alien sperm.

>robot penis
>actually a small vacuum
>sucks out some of Morticia's eggs
sluuuuuuuurrrrp

I'd rather not have the robot get pregnant at all, Raising Gazorpazorp was an awful episode

I came in here looking for possible funny/lewd things about morticia I am saddened

Tina but more timid. The trick is making Morticia slightly uglier than what you'd immediately assume the female equivalent of Morty to be.

This is wrong, but...

See

>...If the portal gun isn't limited to a finite area, why would the only area they talk about be called finite?
Your basing your entire theory on the central finite curve. Something that is NEVER explained. We don't know what the central finite curve is or why it is finite in an infinite multiverse. Could be the number of universes with Ricks that are still physibley Ricks or the number of universes under the rule of the Citadel of Ricks or the number of universes with laws of physics that allow for life as we know it to exsist. Hell, the central finite curve could be the number of universes that have schezwan mcnugget dipping sauce for all we know.

Your theory for the portal gun is inherently flawed because you base it on something you do not understand. You don't know what your talking about, stop assurting your opinon as fact.

The portal gun can access the entire spectrum of the infinite multiverse and there is nothing you can say that can prove otherwise.

Yes.

Cute!

Good shit
who is the artist?

>Not wanting an episode about a girl impregnating a robot

>The council of ricks would shut his ass down

The same council of ricks he took down in a single episode, while also taking down the galactic government?

Just admit the central finite curve has limits.

I'd go back in time and would kill your parents so you would have never been born because now I have something else on my "never going to happen" list.

Give this man a job at storyboarding this series.

Don't misquote me you, kiddo. I said
>The council of ricks would have tried to shut his ass down
>Tried
The operative word here is tried. The only reason Rick ever listend to the Citadel is because it was easier. Rick is a nihilist not a psychopath, he wouldn't destroy the Citadel unless he had a reason. And as we learned in S3E01, schezwan mcnugget dipping sauce is a damn good reason.

Underrated post right here

Yo someone find me a portal gun so i can jump to the universe where this is true. I'd love the watch that version of the show.

When you go through years of dry spells like 80% of men do, it's kind of understandable.

>For example, Dutch neuroscientists find that women and men react differently when making a decision under a stressful situation.
Might wanna link to that study so we know you're not talking out of your ass...

Hola Mercedes!

I feel like it'd be an amusing/cute little trait if Morticia didn't like swears, and when angry just spouts nonsense.

>Dutch
>scientists
We already know he's talking out his ass.

It's the "Counsel of RICKs." Who would name a girl Rick?

Hopefully it would have resulted in a lot of art of Morticia getting repeatedly fucked and eventually impregnated by that gazorpian sex doll.

>tfw no scene where Morticia comes downstairs to grab some orange juice in her underwear, not even caring that everyone can see the copious amounts of cum leaking down her legs

Posts like this made me realize that a lot of shows would be a lot more appealing to be if male characters were made female

Platinum.

>It's the "Counsel of RICKs." Who would name a girl Rick?

Someone named Ericka that prefers to go by Rick.

For some reason I picture her as sounding like Um Jammer Lammy

Well it'd be far more popular with waifufags, the audience would generally be more sympathetic to her and Rick's bullying would seem crueler and possibly even inexcusable, the bursts of violent anger would put off more people, her overt stupidity might be more upsetting with the pc crowd, and the jellybean rape scene simply wouldn't be allowed to happen.

the pantiless version is better

>and the jellybean rape scene simply wouldn't be allowed to happen.
Well, to be fair, she wouldn't have gone into the men's bathroom.

How has no one actually realized this yet?

Yeah, I really doubt they would have been allowed to get away with some episodes as they are if Morty was a gal.

>men wanting deep connections over easy lays
No one would buy it