Watching special features of Logan DVD

Watching special features of Logan DVD.
Director says that the R rating movie is for how the violence is depicted and that it ads to the movie's emotional and impact on the audience. Also how everything is used to do this.
>random human female character flashes Logan in beginning.

>really?

What wrong with nudity in films?

I really wish they revamped the rating system to have something between R and PG13. Comic book movies in general feel like they want to be in that middle ground, because making your movie R rated becomes risky but PG13 doesn't give you the edge you feel you need because soccer moms feel like a fucking 15 year old can't handle seeing blood or hearing an F bomb.

It makes a situation where if you get an R rating, you kinda sheohorn whatever you can to at least make it feel like you didn't cut off a valuable demographic just because you put a decapitation scene in. So it's like "fuck it, if we get an R rating then may as well show boobs, I guess." Because it honestly doesn't feel justifiable that your movie get restricted to minors just because it has themes that any fucking healthy person would be mature enough to handle by the time they hit 13.

If its establishing some kind of relationship then I can see it as part of story but it bothers me when random breasts get thrown in for the bell of it and then the director had the gull to say they created this huge impressive project with emotional impact when the nudity isn't even part of the main cast
Like the sex scene in Watchmen you didn't see any penetration or even yellow suit girls breasts but you still get the feeling of intimacy between the two characters ((or at least one)

You're allowed to have a little blood and one or two fucks at PG-13.

It shows how low a place Logan is, that he has to endure taking idiots to their prom.

The empty sexual thrill of seeing a young woman flash her breasts only amplifies his weariness.

This so much this

He smiled after she did it though

It was thrown in because the movie was R, it was a finger to any soccer moms that took their 10 year old sons to a movie because "Oh its just a comic book movie". Her flashing the screen was a joyful proclamation that this was going to be an R-rated Wolverine movie.

And the boobs had to be used. Seems like we already got that feeling with the girls chattering and Logan driving

But that's stupid

Eh, Mangold wanted to strut a little bit after being so obviously constrained in the previous movie, hand to ding him too much for wanting to exercise some actual creative freedom.

>15 year old can't handle seeing blood or hearing an F bomb.
I always liked the description of PG-13 as, "You can see some guy get a piece of rebar shoved through his face, but the lead female won't take her top off."

I don't remember that at all.

Oh America. A country where you can shoot a 10 year old girl with a harpoon but if anyone sees a nipple then it's time to complain.

Don't forget that the first Taken movie and Die Hard 4 are PG-13.

lel

>Seriously complaining about seeing boobs

You are stupid.

Have you ever been to a Texas border town? Or hell, any border town really.
I grew up in one. People there are just that trashy. It's realistic.

I've actually never met a gay that didn't like boobs.

Oh, please. I can complain when it's not utterly pointless but completely unappetizing.