So now that the dust has settled (and most of the conservatard contrarians have come and gone)

So now that the dust has settled (and most of the conservatard contrarians have come and gone)...

What went right?

Nothing

the more I think about it the worse it gets

The best thing is Bae-wing pilot

The special effects team was at the top of their game.

Luke's astral projection and death were really well done.

Is was shit and ruined the series. It's like asking what hitler did right. Its fucking over now everything is ruined. We have to move on now and kill the Jews.

They didn't do shit and couldn't cover the bombers. Worthless. Good thing all of those useless pilots died early in the movie.

It was 9000 seconds of shit

literally the only thing that went right

There were lightsabres.

Everything. Rian brought a new perspective to the series while maintaining old themes. As a director he has a great eye, and this movie is probably the best looking in the series. Driver's performance was brilliant, and his Ben Solo will probably be one of the most memorable characters of the decade. Rian's only mistake was overestimating audiences.

It looked pretty.
Other than that it was shit

>conservative
>contrarian

What do these two terms have to do with the dumpster fire that is rogue one

Story wise? Nothing. It looked pretty though. Props to whoever was in charge of that.

The poster, for one.
Tho, i havent seen the movie or care about non-EU SW anymore.

Luke's dying moment to the binary suns was well-done and affecting me but everything building up to that moment left such a bad aftertaste.

They almost did something interesting with Rey by having her team up with Kylo Ren

the more I think about it the worse it gets

Kind of cute. Shit hair tho.

Did she survive? She's added to the new Battlefront game but I honestly couldn't remember what happened to her after seeing the film.

>What went right?
It's such an achievement in poor taste and utter mediocrity on every level it managed to redeemed the prequels themselves

I laughed out loud in the theater, Luke fucking hated Tattooine and that was the last thing he had to see before he died, what a miserable man...

I like the fact that they had a salt planet, it was very creative and not like Hoth at all

Visuals. That's it.

History will look back on the original 6 movies fondly.

Disney Wars will be forgotten like most of Disneys aquired IPs.

>original 6

Am I the only person who didn't think the visuals were anything more special than TFA ?

>"I used to live here, you know."
>"You're gonna die here, you know."

>Convenient!

P O T T E R Y
O
T
T
E
R
Y

The scenes which Rey and Kylo did together were good. They were only actors that were a diversity hire.

Came to post this

no

Yes. At first it looked like snow to me. “Oh boy, it’s just like Hoth,” I thought. Then a random character touched the white ground and licked his finger. “Salt,” he said. Truly original.

I can't think of any positives at all.

"Duh grafix!" Every fucking film should have decent special effects these days, it why they cost upwards of $200 million.

The only unique ship was a Space B-17. I think it'd work for ground assaults, but not in space.

FUCK DONALD BLUMFFFF

Why does kylo suddenly give a shit about commanding the first order after killing snoke? TFA gave the impression that he was only there for snoke's training

she got blown up with the rest of poe's squadron by kylo

This, I was really happy with it.

The accent of Benicio Del Toro. What a great character. I litteraly cry when he gave the metal back to Rose. A real touching moment.

it's fucking garbage

The contrarians are the idiots that think this was amazing. Normies will say it was eh to ok. People that pay attention to it as a series as a whole narrative know it’s dog shit.

I liked the milk drinking scene. Actually, in retrospect, every scene with Mark Hamill in it worked. They made him do all sorts of stupid stuff but he somehow maintained his dignity in that sexist mess.

Special effects were good

The contrarians are the retards who use TLJ, reddit memes, and ring theory to defend the prequel trilogy.

FPBP

shut the fuck up polcuck retard

>Rian brought a new perspective to the series while maintaining old themes.
This. It was handled pretty much perfectly for a new installment to a series like that. In fact, it retroactively made me dislike TFA because JJ went with the obvious nostalgia-baiting approach instead of actually making a substantive contribution to the franchise.

this, my brain hated everything but mark carried my heart along for the ride. he starred in a better movie that exists not as a part of the last jedi, but alongside it.

>It's like asking what hitler did right.
an abnormal amount of people on this board would probably answer that if they weren't outing themselves publicly

>an attractive actress died so they could shove in chink costanza

Kevin Smith was right. It's like Rian said "fuck you jj" to everything TFA set up just to spite him.

R1 was the worst star wars movie yet filmed. White-cape-guy was the only redeeming part of that fucking slog

oh fuck JJ. everything that sucks in this movie sucks because of what JJ set up. Or what he PRETENDED to set up, because there was no road map. Rian said as much.

their visual effects team seems pretty talented. hopefully the next movie they add effects to isn't a dumpster fire

The movie plot overall was really good and entertaining. Their of having Luke shown as a flawed character who made mistakes was well done and made is arc feel really good.

even if theres no roadmap what Johnson did was the equivlant of swerving the car into oncomming traffic

we can all agree on white cape guy.

JJ is responsible for the first collision, Rian only grabbed the wheel and made shitty decisions because he was blinded in the initial crash. i'll budge only that much. whatever happens i feel sorry for the last director who is left to mop up the blood bath.

>Rian only grabbed the wheel and made shitty decisions because he was blinded in the initial crash

you mean the TLJ script was written before TFA was even released

Exactly this. How this movie even got made confused me. How do you make a worse movie than the Ewok films? HOW

oh jesus christ

This is sadly 100% true

It was a big movie

the corporate shills are unreal

the first draft maybe...

fpbp
you fucking tool

Yea you’re right. Prequels are still the worst but at least I can find how enjoyment with how bad they are. The DisneyWars are just bland or straight out dumb and offensive to hardcore fans

Sup Forums can go fuck itself and be contained. Fucking dumbass

The throne rooms scenes were really cool. And the opening scenes were intense.
That's about it.

Do you not understand how movies work? TFA hadn't finished production, but the script was finished, and that's enough for someone to write a sequel. Rian even had JJ check off on TLJ for approval, and he apparently loved it.

Both of you redditors can shut the fuck up

>it ruined the series
Do you not remember the most notorious episode of cinematic blueballs in history, The Phantom Menace.
The series got ruined decades ago.

When Luke found Kylo in Rey's room like 2 teenagers making out.

that "guide" is such a paradox in satire I can't really tell if the person who made it is just a brilliant troll with no life or an absolute retard with no life

>Not Paige

Pleb taste

this, I wish poe died with them or didn't get hit by a stun blast

I'd go for a ride in her V-Wing if you know what I mean

ehehehehehehe

This

Also the only way to save next movie is to kill rey, chink and nigger