Why we don't have any more Who cartoons edition
Previously

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/_Jack_Graham_/status/948707782651469824
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Steven_Moffat#Criticism_from_April_2013
ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/77321072.html
youtube.com/watch?v=MYCU2Hk247M
twitter.com/spacetimeboss
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Steven_Moffat#Official_Steven_Moffat_Episode_Power_Rankings
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are there currently any more animated recons in the works?

It looks like one of those Telltale games

Pure underrated Kino

STOP IT JUST STOP IT!

hopefully not

Doctor Who is dead.

So I half-heartily posted about this yesterday, but the idea has stuck with me

Can anyone confirm whether this two parter was a rejected script for Matt Smith which was resurrected and BARELY re-drafted for 12? It just screams out for Matt Smith's quirky delivery. There are a few genuinely good moments in the story, but overall the tone is so confused it just loses itself

twitter.com/_Jack_Graham_/status/948707782651469824
What is Jack Graham's fucking problem?

Are you the same guy that said that Mysterio was a tonal mess and a failed rip-off ?

>ywn be cured of your preoccupation with such basic instincts

Back to where we started...and on that note, I bid you all adieu. A pleasure to spar, as always, and travel safe. Until next time.

Nope - although I wouldn't say Mysterio is one of my favourite episodes. I only watched it when it was on at Christmas

>duhhh rlm id icky

Nothing can stop judy

I have stayed quiet for too long on this, but as a dedicated fan of Doctor Who I feel it is my duty to inform the world of dear fans out there about the trouble that is not just brewing in South Wales, but about to explode like Vesuvius on Volcano Day.
It is with a heavy heart that I say the man that everyone thought would be the saviour of Doctor Who, Steven Moffat, looks like being the man who may actually end it.
Moffat's chortling friendliness hides a man with few friends and growing enemies. It masks a man who is tyrannical and ruthless, who is bad tempered and rude. It shields a man who's personal life is as in much disarray as his professional one, but that is not something I will go into here in great detail.
The BBC are desperate to keep a hold of Steven Moffat because, whatever the fans and critics say about Doctor Who, he has delivered them huge ratings, and with that he has delivered them huge profits, in merchandise and overseas sales. He's also created another worldwide hit, Sherlock.
The problem is that Steven Moffat knows this, and has used it to become almost meglomaniacal [sic] in his approach to Executive Production. The result is Cardiff in meltown [sic] and the series of Doctor Who floundering on the edge of said volcano.
Problems fly around the Production of Doctor Who like a blizzard. Here is what is wrong:
- An inability to work with the BBC on an executive level, leading to rows with other producers
- An inappropriate working relationship with Caro [sic] Skinner, leading to a public row and her ousting.
- Senior BBC officials taking a hands on approach to the production after an internal scandal
- A huge and antagonistic falling out with the series leading man, Matt Smith, about the treatment of former Doctors in preparation of The Anniversary Show. Smith was furious that former Whos were not informed of Moffat's intentions.

- An intense and paranoid jealousy on Moffat's part on the success of Russell T Davies. Moffat does not have the same carte blanche Davies had on the series franchise - with things like The Sarah Jane Adventures and Torchwood outwith his remit.
- Moffat's anger at not being allowed to create his own spin off series.
- Skinner and Moffat's alleged rudeness to Christopher Eccleston's procrastinating which lead to Eccleston refusing to do the Anniversary Show at the eleventh hour (excuse that pun)
- This will be reflected in the Hurt character
- Moffat has been offered a position AWAY from Who for the eighth series and has refused to go.
- Moffat was seen kicking a dog's face off, and the BBC are covering it up. Mark Gatiss has threatened to go to the press about it, and Moffat is having to commission scripts from him every year to keep him quiet.
- The eighth series is ONLY being worked on by Moffat, but NO ONE ELSE including the BBC will commit to it after Christmas.
- The BBC DO NOT want Moffat to continue. He is refusing to budge.
- Huge budget cuts in series 5 and 6 meant that Moffat's original plans had to be curtailed half way through production. This lead to confusing story lines and continuation arcs.
- Big named writers where [sic] dumped at the last minute.
- Moffat directly responsible for the split seasons and, worst, the dumping of EIGHT half written scripts.

You may ask yourself why this is important information. It is important because, as of writing, Doctor Who seems unlikely to return in its present form after Christmas. Moffat's plans are not those of the BBC. They may well lose Matt Smith and Jenna Louise Coleman who have committed but on a pro-rata time scale.
If these issues cannot be rectified - and soon - Doctor Who may go into a semi-permanent hiatus, and return as a series of TV Movies or extended episodes once every eighteen months.

What kind of outdated copypasta is this?

Show your working please

Absolutely abysmal thread

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Steven_Moffat#Criticism_from_April_2013

Obviously edited; the original is ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/77321072.html

Top tier by Sup Forums standards.

Fags report me for every minor infraction, the war is on

There is nothing inherently male about the personality of the doctor

Whatch daleks 1963

HI

He's Judy, he's Judy, you're Judy, I'm Judy! Are there any more Judys I should know about?!

youtube.com/watch?v=MYCU2Hk247M

> good shit

That's actually pretty fucking cool

>3 days until the proposed release date
>Genderfluid Genius has still given no actual trailer or promotion for Foreman

>The Girl Who Fell To Earth
Yes, Doctor Who needs more Bowie references

twitter.com/spacetimeboss
Navigating through his Twitter for some kind of Foreman news is fucking hell. He retweets more than a teenage girl.

That's beautiful

WHY DIDN'T THE DUCK POND HAVE ANY DUCKS

Ouch

Sucked up into Amy's crack

A reminder that Plogicol is best OC

They were ab-duck-ted.

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Steven_Moffat#Official_Steven_Moffat_Episode_Power_Rankings
>last christmas in bad tier
fucking cyberkrail

i love this but hate the music

>DoctorWhoGeneral still hasn't returned and it's fucking 2018
>we will never reclaim the wiki
Burn it down lads.

shitty fix complete, cyberkrap BTFO

i put my trip on for one post today, and it is to request this for /gif/

Didn't you guys have a mega folder with the books or something?
I'd search in the archive, but I'm too lazy for that

b-but I don't know how to webm

wait actually, just use a screenshot from this webm, everyone knows this one.

screenshot of webm related for /y/

pig nose

/an/

it's cute though

In a better universe what Doctor Who needed was a Bowie Doctor. I know, they couldn't have afforded it, the logistics would have been impossible, blah blah. But just imagine a Bowie Doctor.

/u/

its so sad we never got a bowie cameo alongside peter capaldi.

capaldi is probably the only doctor who actor who could perform alongside David Bowie without Bowie stealing every scene

I feel like it would have needed to be Bowie as the Doctor. Whatever that means as far as a weird one shot special, short season, whatever they could have done. Truth is he'd have stolen the scene from anyone.

>/gif/ isn't animated

Sup Forums

/h/

/soc/

Do you think Who should have more one off companions?

I quite like the idea in theory, but this episode doesn't really showcase the positives very well. This ep is by Chibnall, maybe he'll try it again and get it right?

Daleks for Sup Forums. I'd say the Cult of Skaro particularly since they used slaves and turned on Dalek Sec for being a race traitor.

before i watched the show i always assumed it was the doctor with a new companion every episode

Which Doctor had the best first lines?
>What are you doing here?
>Stop. Stop. Concentrate on one thing. One thing.
>Shoes. Must find my shoes.
>Sontarans perverting the course of human history...
>I... oh.
>You were expecting someone else?
>No, no, Mel.
>Who am I? Who am I? Who am I?
>Run!
>Hello. Okay. Ooo, new teeth. That's weird. So, where was I? Oh, that's right. Barcelona.
>Legs. I've still got legs. Good. Arms. Hands. Ooo, fingers. Lots of fingers. Ears, yes. Eyes, two. Nose, I've had worse. Chin, blimey. Hair. I'm a girl! No. No. I'm not a girl. And still not ginger. And something else. Something important. I'm, I'm, I'm... Ha! Crashing!
>Kidneys! I've got new kidneys. I don't like the colour.
>Aw, Berlin!

jodie unironically

Just a bitter contrarian, ignore him.

Sup Forums

You left out Hurt.

we don't know hurt's first words

"Doctor no more"

kek

>implying Hurt counts

So, what do you think Chib was trying to say with this character?

Fark off Neo.

Reminder.

>Eleven just fucking murders him
Is this indicative of Chibnuck's era?

Two, Eight, Nine and Thirteen

>Straight up murdering a sadistic rapey pirate?
>indicative of Chibnuck

Let's hope so

>John Hurt asks "Am I the Doctor?"

According to Neo, if the Metacrisis doesn't count, then "No."

>tfw

>tfw Neo hates the happiness of an old man

old amy wearing that mask sounds like kylo ren lmao

McGanon pls

I'd compare War more to the Curator or the Valeyard.

i cant be mcganon because i think rey is shit

What terrible things did the Doctor actually do during the Time War?

Drink juice.

Carrot juice?

She's so perfect.

I have a theory that the Doctor used casual romance during the Time War as a means of dealing with the horror. This trait passed onto 9 & 10.

except it started with 8

>Introducing John Hurt as "the War Slut"

Similar sort of thing, due to the increasingly bleak universe?

8 was in a different universe while he was still fuggin slutz

>not "the Whore Doctor"

Texting and scones.

i really liked that TUAT used a bunch of old music, i hope gold/whoever isnt afraid of using old motifs where its thematically appropriate.

i'd love to hear "a good man" when the doctor questions her own morality, that'd be kino

>not Doctor Whore

>Miss Saigon but it's the Last Great Time War

I can't help but think that the reason so much old music was used was because it was marigold's swansong and he wanted to do a last hurrah of some of his favourite motifs

The use of old music was almost certainly because that was Murray's final episode