Dumbing of Age

Remember when Billie was actually a character with motivations instead of just a hyper-violent little lesbian attack dog?

If you do, you might want to tell Willis, because I'm pretty sure he forgot.

>Billie STILL trying to punch everyone willie nillie

Willis will you please just STOP trying to make Billie a friken psychopath?

Rachel is being super fucking reasonable. Even if Billie thinks Ruth's situation should absolve her, Rachel doesn't fucking know any of that shit.

Holy shit. If Willis is *actually* saying that it was wrong for Ruth to hit Mary no matter what she did...Man, he must've KNOWN the comments section would rake him over the coals for doing this and he went ahead and wrote it anyway.

I wonder if this is his passive-aggressive way of telling his fanbase not to be so gung-ho about hurting people.

rachel is for the most part right (at least about billie), but why does she personally hate ruth so much. is this gonna be explained at any point

Not to mention the fact that all of that bullying happened before she had her whole breakdown, and if we're being honest it happened before Willis even planed anything for Ruth.

>Rachel actually calling out the abusive nature of Ruth and Billie's relationship
Finally, a voice of reason. Let's see how long it lasts.
in b4 Rachel ends up in Pic Related, which was posted to the DoA Tumblr the other day but nobody noticed. Now we know who Willis will never see as anything more than villains. And yes, that's Leland on the far-right, which I suppose either proves that "Ryan" is not Leland, or it's a red herring on Willis' part.

Also, Billie is really getting Flanderized here. All she wants to do is punch punch punch her problems into the stratosphere. Like, the last month of her appearances has involved her wanting to punch people.

If I had to guess, Willis is making her the contrarian voice of reason that we would like Mary to be but isn't because of Pic Related.

If this was written by a sensible person, Rachel is probably tired of Ruth's bullshit as an RA and has gotten pushed past her limit hearing Ruth kept her job after everything that happened
but Willis is writing so more likely he's setting her up to be a less problematic Mary who can be antagonist without being homophobic or religious

Rachel is a sophomore, which would mean that this is her second or third semester dealing with Ruth.

>leland is a villain because he kicked a kid when he was 6

also of course hes not ryan everyone whos been saying that is dumb

who are those people in the back corners? the one on the right looks like it could be faz but ive got no idea who the one on the left is

sure, but shes not the only sophomore and it definitely sounds very personal

Well well.

This is the rambling of someone who's head is rammed so much up his/her ass that he/she can no longer differentiate fiction from reality. The mental gymnastics involved in saying Rachel is the fucking devil in this situation defies all reason.

jesus what a fucking loon

Did they literally just defend an abusive relationship because that's not the polite way to address it being an abusive relationship?

Huh. Rachel is actually nailing it. Weird that she has never ever done or said anything about Ruth abusing Billie until now, though. You'd figure someone so concerned would've had helpful words for Billie when she was actually at her wits end and wanted to die. Although Billie is also bully and an asshole.

Making Mary lie here is a weak attempt at trying to drag her down during this apology. Although I guess she got interrupted by the slap so maybe it's true. I'm not going to check all the Mary strips to find out if she has ever cussed. I find it weird that she wouldn't use this opportunity to gloat for getting an apology, to the point that she doesn't even really accept it.

And yeah, Billie threatening to punch Rachel is fucking dumb, but at least it's more consistent. She threatened Joyce, she attacked Mary, she threatened and lightly punched Clint, she threatened the school infirmary clerk, she even took a very aggressive posture with Carla when she said Ruth's home isn't safe.

It's a big reason I thought the floor standing by and letting her threaten and punch Mary "to deal with her" was such a shitty move, because she's an unstable violent asshole. That's kind of how their whole thing started, with her picking a fight with Ruth on the very first day. If Clint had made Ruth leave, who's to say she wouldn't just take it out on Mary to feel better because she's the only one no one would care about.

I dunno if Ruth or Rachel have always been in that dorm, floor and wing.

It's Faz and the guy on the left is the guy that Mike fucked awhile back to needle Ethan.

The only other non-freshmen are Carla, who was indirectly referred to as untouchable, and Sarah, who is mostly a shut-in.

Jesus Christ. I can tell exactly how all of Cerb's relationship conflicts play out.

>the c-word
Y'know, in that strip, I always assumed Mary was about to call Ruth a cow. Is this a retcon?

>Rachel is actually nailing it. Weird that she has never ever done or said anything about Ruth abusing Billie until now

To be fair, I think Willis just remembered she existed and was like "shit, need someone to call them out" and threw a dart at a board and it landed on Rachel.

They have a different chin shape, but the shading makes "Ryan" look like a punished Leslie, there.

This drawing sucks to look at. God, the hands. Blaine's flat hand and Ross's... I don't even know what that is. And Faz's hair doesn't even cover where his eye should be.

Peak laziness.

>the guy on the left is the guy that Mike fucked awhile back to needle Ethan.
is it? hes never done anything to warrant being a villain. i thought maybe it was joyce's oldest brother, though i barely remember what he looks like

Looks like we have a challenger to Cerberus, take your bets on how long they last.

This

I don't think it's him, different nose shape (and glasses but those are less important).

it just occurred to me that neither mike nor joe are in this picture. cerb must be furious.

Holy hell. How does anybody let him get away with hands like that?

Look at how happy Ross looks in that pic.

John (Joyce's eldest brother) seems like a closer match, but it's not exact. It is a pretty lazy drawing though, so who can tell.

>Inb4 BANNED

Didn't she slap her before Mary said that anyway? Or at least she was already drawing on her hand, preparing to.

You're right, she was already planning to slap her for daring to complain about how she runs her floor. And Mary only called her a cunt after she started drawing the penis, with plans to slap the shit out of her.

Again, it's easy to assume that Mary was about to call Ruth a cow, not a cunt. Or any other insult that might start with "C".

>You stupid caribou
>You stupid conundrum
>You stupid cheesewheel

Et cetera.

Mary is cute

Rachel is rapidly becoming best girl for actually dropping the "abuse" word.

If It Bleeds is probably just going to get beat down again :(

Maybe Ruth is really offended by the word "Caribou" and calls it "the c-word."

It's a slur against Canadians.

>I shouldn't have slapped you for calling me the C-word.
Bitch, you were already sketching the dick on your hand long before that.

I have a question.

What stops her for just saying "Look I don't like this job but my abusive grandfather tricked his way to keep me in this place so shut up". Is not like her Grandpa somehow tapped wires in the whole place or something.

I guess the answer is the same as always: "Because Willis"

Or Canuck.

>Helps your daughter keep her fucking job
>bad guy
can someone explain this to me?

Or cretin.

>Which room is Ruth in?
Who are you?
>I will find her. You can't stop me.
Are you even a family member or noted emergency contact?
>I will cut people until I do if you don't tell me where.
Well then, let me just check for you and not press the security button we totally don't have.

While true I do wonder what stops Ruth from just doing as except the fact she is written by Willis?

Rachel would still call her out but there would be a bigger understanding of why the hell she still has her job.

>mfw I realize this hellhole is basically every every moment of those slice of life anime where you just go "JUST TALK DAMNIT!" at the screen, in webcomic form.

>there are actual fans of this garbage and willis on Sup Forums.

Jesus fucking Christ. This comic is constantly shit on and made fun of literally everywhere else. This is embarrassing.

Muh lesbian mouthpieces. Willis looks like a disgusting hobbit, it's no wonder he wants to be a woman.

Canuck?

Well, the page must not have existed yet once the comments come rolling

Pic related definitely made me laugh.

Seriously, someone fire that hospital employee
>Here, let me give the room number of a suicidal person to someone who just threatened to cut down everyone in her way

Do you think we're not shitting on it?

Did you even read the thread

She just wanted a dickless white board.

His actions kept his incompetent, violent granddaughter at her job.

Duh, so we can discuss the comic uncensored. Have you not been eating popcorn while guilty pleasuringly reading the criticisms in previous threads? Do this is what they call newanons

>there are actual fans of this garbage and willis on Sup Forums.

Out of literally all the things you could've said "there are actually X on this board" about, you had to pick the one that's just outright untrue.
>Muh
And follow it up with memes.
>Willis looks like a disgusting hobbit
And follow that up with random insults.

Seriously, are you new here or something?

I can't get excited for all this "calling out Ruth" shit because you know Willy is only using it to cursorily address the flaws we find in his work.

In essence, he's slapping duct tape on giant cracks in his story and whenever we address them he and his fans can now shriek "NO they're NOT flaws in his writing because he ACKNOWLEDGED THEM HERE! It was his plan ALL ALONG!"

If It Bleeds is the Socrates of the comment section. Calling out everyone's bullshit only to get poisoned by the senate.

Soo Mike is still the best character in the entire series. Good to see Willis at least did not fuck him over.

People have been raking him over the coals for the Mary slap for years. Yes, years. He always tuned it out, saying those people were homophobes and whatever. He FINALLY comes around?

>Willis drew a pic of all Sup Forums's favourite characters
Awfully nice of him.

Kind of reminds me of this.

Honestly if Willis does pull some kind of Christian-Patriarchy-Illuminati shit I can only see it being good for the strip.

is that fucking SP! Faz in the background? Does he EXIST in this shitty story?

Yep

>also of course hes not ryan everyone whos been saying that is dumb

Ok, so who is he then?

Reminds me of MST3K and Time Chasers.
>"Hi, I'm Bob Evil."

I still say that Mary was going to call her a cow.

Yep. Ruth was just being violent because she could.

TRUTH.

He allegedly abuses her and Howard.

>I wonder if this is his passive-aggressive way of telling his fanbase not to be so gung-ho about hurting people.
I'm skeptical. Billie is still being portrayed as being in the right when she gets violent.

Okay, seriously?

>WHY YES, THESE CHARACTERS ARE UNDENIABLY EVIL. (Oh, and Leland and Ryan are different people.)

Really subtle, Willis.

I like the inclusion of Faz. Interesting that he included Leland specifically to show that he's not Ryan.

I thought it might be John as well.

>I'm not going to check all the Mary strips to find out if she has ever cussed.
Just check the storyline she had with Carla. When Carla's machine does its BS, Mary lets out a string of unpleasant words.

>Hm, there's a violent person here who wants to see a suicidal individual. I'm sure it's fine if I let her in.

So she does swear. Although the way Willis writes characters sometimes (especially villains), I wouldn't be surprised if she hadn't ever used profanity.

Carla sucks tbqh

I'm halfway positive this is one of the few times Mary ever actually swore.

I'd look through the archives, but I don't wanna.

Pretty much. But she's supposed to be our perfect little princess who can do no wrong, even when she's a bully.

Did some skimming and didn't see anything other than that strip, but I didn't look that hard.

No, she says she doesn't want to be treated like a princess just because she's trans. That's why she's an outright asshole, so that NOBODY will ever like or respect her.

But that just backfires in that it only endears the DoA audience towards her. Willis himself is also unwilling to give any actual consequence to Carla's actions; for example, Billie's apparent hatred of Carla for exposing her and Ruth's relationship lasted only one strip before being all but ignored afterwards.

Yes, she SAYS she doesn't want to be a princess, but Willis says otherwise. She can do no wrong, because Willis says everything she does is fine, and if you don't like her, you're transphobic.

I hope Billie will go after her again, verbally. It's ridiculous that so much crap happened because Carla can't keep a secret.

I think Willis genuinely believes he lives in a comic.

I'm also looking forward to more. How will Willis reconcile his new ideas with what his viewers want? How will his viewers handle a slight amount of complexity?

There's the idea that reality is so absurd that the only means of retaining sanity is to give in and exaggerate the absurdity,

and there's the idea that you live in a comic book.

There's also the idea of using a comic strip to play both self-therapist and God by bottling up your emotions and opinions about the world around you and lashing out at your own creations.