Spectacular Spider-Man

Season 2 Episode 10 - Gangland. This is what Spider-Kino looks like. You may not like it, but this episode is what peak writing should be.

>dat three way gang boss battle royale
>dat opera music intertwined in to the fighting
>dat j jonah jameson banter
>dat teen drama subplot
>dat surprise at the end of the episode

how the FUCK does Greg Weisman do it? how can other writers even compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GYTXcgzKKhk
youtube.com/watch?v=Bktz6XLJOb4
youtube.com/watch?v=UygJIhULqc4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

user, stop talking about Spectacular Spider-Man. It still hurts.

Spectacular Spider man was the one that should've been revived....

It's time for the yearly rewatch user. Don't look the other way.

maybe netflix can revive it, if the team hasn't moved on.

I forgot about this! Jesus Fucking Christ, that episode was amazing!

Man fuck Marvel and Disney.

I miss Spectacular, it's the last time I enjoyed something about Spider-Man.

Oh you think THAT'S good.

Season 2 Episode 12:

>dat opening reveal
>dat jail break
>dat bait and switch on who the goblin really is
>dat felicia and her dad and peter having to let go on uncle ben revenge AGAIN
>dat high school play, intertwined into what's going on at the prison and even what's going on in Pete's life
>dem goblin rhymes
>dat Brown's delicious voice when he finally speaks after two seasons
>dat J JONAH JAMESON BANTER

Pete's barely held back anger hit me in the fucking feels that episode. The Cat was the only thing keeping him from going all out on his ass.

Disney will never allow it. Especially with that """"new"""" series by the same team as Ultimate coming out soon that's sure to be garbage just like Ultimate

The Pete/Black Cat relationship has never been better than what it was in Spectacular. Making her dad Ben's murderer was nothing short of genius. THAT'S how you add some needed tension to their relationship after they grew closer together, Slott.

They introduced her amazingly well.
youtube.com/watch?v=GYTXcgzKKhk
youtube.com/watch?v=Bktz6XLJOb4

>that part where Spider-Man and Tombstone fight to opera music

why isn't this scene on youtube reeeeeee

>how the FUCK does Greg Weisman do it?
not anymore he can't!
;_;

It's not the same team, user. Slott is writing this time.

Oh god, why?

When you think things couldn't possibly get any worse and Marvel is intent on proving you wrong

I still get chills when Spidey and tombstone fight in the sewers, holy shit that was good. This show had some pretty great villains.

didn't he make an original YA fiction book a while back? I wonder if it sold well.

who needs youtube when we have /wsg/? I made this webm with sound

I've forgotten what it's like to not constant feel that way.

Ugh, worst black cat, silk sue, and shitty multiverse shenanigans

>didn't he make an original YA fiction book a while back? I wonder if it sold well
Rain of the Ghosts. It was a two book contract, and it seems like he's not getting the third. Of course he's still holding out hope though, saying they're still thinking about it. He even did an audio play version to raise awareness, paid all his voice actor friends out of pocket and did a Kickstarter to get the music and sound effects done professionally. It's super sad how much work he always puts in only to get cancelled so quickly.

He also has been getting back into comics lately. "Kanan: The Last Padawan" was an originally 6 issue mini that got upgraded to 12, "Starbrand and Nightmask" was an ongoing cancelled after 6 issues, and "The Rise of and Fall of Captain Atom" is another 6 issue mini going now.

>It was a two book contract, and it seems like he's not getting the third.
>when the two season curse is so strong it follows you outside of TV

then again isn't he coming back for young justice season 3?

Yes, I really hope that works out. A while ago he got to revive Gargoyles as a comic but less than a year later Disney raised their licensing fees so the publisher cancelled it.

Reminder we could have had Weisman Stargate kino instead of DIC trash.

What gypsy did this man piss off? He isn't allowed to have anything. Any fucking thing.

The truth is kid's don't want complicated characters and themes. They want to see the bad guy get punched and a fart joke. Same reason Genndy keeps getting cancelled.

hopefully

I still want to see his pitch for Space Ghost and Green Lantern.

YJ is getting a third season, so the curse is no more.

>his pitch for Space Ghost
>we could have had Xanatos keikaku Zorak

What fascinated me about the little he mentioned is basically adding stuff like the Herculoids to it. It would've basically been Future Quest before that came out.

Brilliant

youtube.com/watch?v=UygJIhULqc4

This show had one of the best versions of Norman Osborn/the goblin. That final episode was freaking great.

Sweet Jesus no

Jesus Christ, do the producers really think Slott is a good writer?

I would agree with you but in this case SSM got canceled due shitty luck.

Christ, I'd already managed to block that info out of my memory.

>kino
Kill yourself.