Injustice

I just noticed that the Injustice comic books have gotten astoundingly great reviews. Are they really that good?

And do I need to play the game before or after the comics to get the full story or can I just read them and be done with it?

It's ridiculous, so much that it turns right around to being enjoyable in a sort of way.

Play the game after reading, unless you want to read Ground Zero. I don't recommend it.

I may not be the best one to give my opinion since I've never read a western comic book in my life until Injustice, but the setting appealed to me and I read it all in a few days. Pretty good, Harley Queen is a real treasure.

Quinn* I don't know why I did that

>Harley Queen is a real treasure.
She is cancer.

For a series that's got a lot of dark themes and murder, the Injustice comics are seriously Fun.

The escalation of the fights, how fucking stupid the cast are, the death toll, the inclusion of as many characters as possible, all fun as hell.

it reads like a report of a retard teenager that has way too many superhero action figures and he likes to slam them together every 5 seconds and pronounce one of them (that is not Superman) dead.

There aren't many issues that I enjoyed and I am currently at year 4

jesus it's like hearing someone praise Big Bang Theory by someone who never watched a good comedy series.

Just read a good comic book, HQ in Injustice is even worse than regular and a tool for some cheap 'lol so randumb xd' so-called humor and pop references plus her design is absolute ass on top of that.

as I said, I've never been too much into Sup Forumsmics, but the setting appealed to me. I'm getting into it now, tho, but mainly batman universe stuff, like nightwing or red hood. STILL, I don't think I could get to hate Harley at all.

Year 1 and Year 2 are fucking awesome. So many unexpected events happen. It's really really fun to read. Year 3 is similarly good but not as exciting. Year 4 is where the quality starts going down. I definitely recommend reading Year 1 and 2 at least. Just try to ignore the Harley Quinn wank. It's easily the weakest point of the series.

>Are they really that good?

No, they're ridiculously bad. That's the joy of reading them. To see just how fucking stupidly they explain why someone isn't stopping the regime or why Superman is teaming up with a villain.

The Butlering was fucking great, though.

I barely finished year 1

Ashamed I paid actual money for them. They really aren't worth reading op

It was good till they went full Harleyfag

>Ashamed I paid actual money for them.

Oh dear god, I never even considered the idea that the people recommending it might actually be recommending to BUY it, rather than just waiting for a storytime or torrenting it.

No, OP, this is not a comic that you reward by paying money for. This is a comic that you read on Sup Forums and laugh at with the other anons.

It's great for out-of-context pages

Now show the Hal edit.

They're fun.

why did you post the edit?

Very hilarious and original

It respected my OTP more than the game ever did

John Constantine was great in this series

LOL HE SAID NIGGER!!!

That image is ridiculously out of context. Get it together, user, seriously.

Except that's Joker's daughter

That isn't Duela though, that kid's name is Lucy Isley-Quinzel

its jokers daughter its confirmed also two women cant have children moron

Nu-uh. Explain why the kid is redhead with freckles then.

Joker could be a red head and harley is not a natural blonde.

No. You know who's a natural redhead? Poison Ivy. Science bitch!

>also two women cant have children

Ivy is more plant than woman, fool. She can procreate however she chooses.

>Are they really that good?
The first couple of Years are good. After that it kind of lulls until Year 5 when things start ramping up for the events in the game.

>And do I need to play the game before or after the comics to get the full story
I recommend reading all the way through Year 5 and then following it up with the events of IGAU. It makes the silly parallel universe BS in game's story seem like less of a cop out. While the game is fun, if all you want to do is learn what happens in IGAU, there are plenty of Let's Plays on YT and takes only about 3 hours to watch.

There's also the Ground Zero comic which covers the events of IGAU through Harley's telling of what happened plus some extra stuff that she's been doing after Year 5. Personally I think it's more of a supplement to the game's story and depending on how you feel about Harley, you may either like it or hate it.

Also another thing to keep in mind is that Injustice 2 seems to set up a new canon of events having retconned a few things from older comics.

Ivy is not a plant any more than Aquaman is a fish.

It's also established in the comics that she can't have children due to the toxins in her body. Even if she grew a futa cock, she'd end up killing the mother.

The comic will catch up to the game eventually.

Years 1 and 2 are good and ok respectably. Then Taylor left and they became shit.