Aren't even fucking POUCHES safe from the SJWfaggots anymore...

Aren't even fucking POUCHES safe from the SJWfaggots anymore? What fresh hell is this when the epitome and genre definer for muscle-pumping awesome comics gets a faggy webcomics redesign?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kYcgJSDfqoI
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Youngblood-2017
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>shaft
I bet he's the gay one.

I don't speak sperg OP. Can you try that again?

I bet sentinel buttfucks all four of the others on a regular basis.

Cry moar, faggot.

Suprema and Doc Rocket aren't bad but jesus christ Vogue and Shaft are absolutely atrocious.

>pretending to care about Youngblood just as an excuse to cy about DA SJWS
Okay, no. This shit officially went too fucking far years ago, and this is just hitting a new low.

Knock it off.

Youngblood was NEVER cool OP.

I'm having some serious internal conflict here. A couple of years ago, the word "hipster" got tossed around here the way that "cuck" does on Sup Forums and I was as annoyed with its overuse then as I am with "cuck" today. Even when the word applied I'd refuse to use it because I didn't want to be one of those guys.

But goddamn those are the most hipster-y redesigns I've ever seen in my life.

>defending pouches
>"muh sjw!"

I want all the 80s and 90s babbies to die.

Those designs are really meh, but anything is better than the Rob Liefeld shitfest made of ripoff of more popular heroes.

SHIT BRANDON, WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY PUBLISHING HOUSE

>What fresh hell is this
Image wanting Marvel money again.

So they took something that so bad it's hilarious into something so bad it's bad?

Only the first issue is out, those aren't the final designs, and the issue feels like an average teen team book.

The Rob Liefeld proportions was what made it easy and fun to mock though.

Without that, you're just left with a very mediocre comic.

Shaft is obviously Hawkguy
Sentinel is obviously a Hanna-Barbera character

Youngblood looks like Young Avengers. Wut.

I can't get over the lack of Liefeld-ness. Without the unironic 90s aesthetic, what's the point?

Youngblood is supposed to be Extreme.

But if you remove the XTREM edginess of Youngblood it's literally pointless. This relaunch serves no function.

Funnily enough Vogue's the only one I like because at least that design has fully embraced tackiness as a theme. The others are just boring and standard "I like superheroes because they're trendy but superhero costumes are gay".

Don't be afraid user, "hipster" is the first thing that came in my mind as well..

It's perfect really, Youngblood keeps being the worst of every era.

>called Vogue
>doesn't look like 1980s Madonna

ONE JOB

>Modern re-invention of Super team
>Design trends have changed since their initial run
>So they are drawn to fit modern design sensiblities.

You're barking up the wrong tree here, the SJWs have nothing to do with it.

Where is Badrock?

Peter Quill is the new Hawkeye?

Oh hi, 90's Kid.

He's in the actual comic. OP's pic is a piece of promotional art that the artist did to show off his style to Liefeld. There are big changes to the finished designs in the comic which don't look nearly as much as something Project Rooftop shat out. Also Badrock is in the comic.

>Ultrablud2
90s indeed.

When are they going to make more Avengelyne?

Suprema and Doc Rocket look cute! CUTE!

Maybe figure out how grown up paperwork works then, Rob.

AFAIK she's still a rights nightmare between Liefeld and Kathy Christian, the model who portrayed Avengelyne (and who came up with part of the idea, allegedly). They tried to do some Avengelyne comics where they redesigned her to look nothing like Christian I think, not sure if that worked.

youtube.com/watch?v=kYcgJSDfqoI

The only thing I liked about this comic so far is the 'Uber for superheroes' app they've got. I'm hoping it plays into the plot. While having an app that would let any vigilante who signed up for it know you're in danger. I can already see why it wouldn't be a good thing for vigilante use.

Haven't you learned yet? Marvel did it to look all cool and progressive, even going so far has to hire Tumblr artists and writers. And remember, these people are soon going to be running the world, complete with hug boxes, echo chambers, and safe places. It will be that generation that will be the down fall of western civilization, it's already begun.

Why did Moore's run on Awesome end so abruptly? Did it not sell? He had like 12 issues of Youngblood planned, lots more Supreme, the Allies and whatnot, and it just ended with no editorial note or anything. I know he's never gonna come back and finish it now but it really stokes me because it was amazing, much better than ABC which he went on to do.

The issue was good, user. Did you even read it? I bet you're not even a true fan of Youngblood and just wanted an excuse to bitch about "muh SJWs."

>you're not even a true fan
*tips Thor helmet*

>Youngblood
>Marvel
Maybe stick to Sup Forums. It's probably a bit more your speed.

it's worth noting that this shaft was designed before the fraction's hawkeye

WHERE'S MY BRIGADE, BITCH?
PEOPLE PAID FOR IT ON YOUR KICKSTARTER

God I hope so. I want his shaft.

Sentinel's design is atrocious. Shaft is just Ginger Quill/w side of left Hawkeye.

The "Normal clothes as costumes" movement isn't really connected by the hip to the SJW movement.

Shaft looks like a ginger modern star lord that raided hawkeye's arsenal.

I like it.

>I can't get over the lack of Liefeld-ness. Without the unironic 90s aesthetic, what's the point?

You fucking kidding me here? Liefeld's characters usually go through multiple revisions by other people. There was even that time Alan Moore turned Supreme from Liefeld-ized grim and gritty Superman into modernized homage to 60's Superman.

You talk like someone who only knows of Liefeld's comics through Linkara and Scans Daily.

Rocket looks cute.

>It will be that generation that will be the down fall of western civilization

Too late, Baby Boomers already own that title.

I always say normal clothes outfits should be reserved for heroes with the powerset to back it. Suprema wearing it is no issue with me but I'm gonna miss the upskirt jokes.

Hello underage please go.

It started in the actual 90's, with Jack Knight Starman IIRC.

That's the actual, original Shaft. The rest are millenial legacies.

They ended up just going with the classic Shaft costume instead of giving him a new one.

Isn't Vogue the Liefeld version of Black Widow?

I only know of 90s Youngblood from reading it as a kid. Literally never watched a comics vlogger other than ItsSuperEffective and even then that's because he makes my dick diamond hard.

These look more like fan OCs of avengers as drawn by a 9th grader in math class.

*Not*Iron Man and Peter Quill:Hawk Lord are a bit too generic.

>These look more like fan OCs of avengers as drawn by a 9th grader in math class.
So... perfect for Youngblood?

>fan OCs of avengers as drawn by a 9th grader in math class
That is LITERALLY what Youngblood was. Liefeld's fan OCs of Marvel characters that he drew in his notebooks during middle and high school which he later created an actual comic for during the launch of Image, which was "a bunch of artists publishing their fan OCs they created as teenagers." Spawn, Savage Dragon, Youngblood, they all draw their lineage from that.

Most people in the thread complaining about that Youngblood redesign never actually read 90's comics, that's why.

It's not quite up to the usual standard of edgy edgelords edging up the edgeboat with bleeding edge.

I expect Youngblood to have lots of ammo pouches, even if none of them have any guns, those Gambit-style all around the face but not covering the face at all headgear masks, knives and blades for everyone, glowy energy fists that do nothing other than glow pretty colors, geometric shaped hair that twirls several times showing off the 2D-ness of it, blank white glowing eyes, large shoulder spikes, leather jackets work on top of the tights, and men with chests 6 times larger than the women

>Peter Quill:Hawk Lord

If only Starhawk was not taken by another GotG character......

Here's the thing, this is Youngblood for the new generation. A Youngblood for 2017. That doesn't work if it's just more 90s Youngblood but 25 years later.

The way it's being handled in the comic is great, I think. Yeah, obviously, it lacks that OG Youngblood feel, but it feels very modern and trendy in the same way that the original Youngblood felt in 1992.

I think it works because they have the OG Youngblood having moved on from their superhero days with the new generation taking on those roles. President Diehard is great.

>reading 90's comics
>ever

I think it works as Youngblood has always sort of appeared as a parody of whatever modern trend in comics atm.

I think it could go a bit more Tmblr-ey with things than this. Make the outer lines of each drawing much more scribbley and unprofessional looking. Then introduce each member based on their sexuality first then names.

Liefeld was the one who scouted this creative team

She's him trying to take Domino with him to Image.

Case in point
Shouldn't you be in school?

school's out, summer begins today

>SJWfaggots
But these are obviously millennial designs, just look at how much they look like a bunch of tools.

Shouldn't you be in bed, grandpa?

>Shaft redesign managed somehow to make him even more generic

I'm impressed.

No, Shaft is bisexual. He can shoot both ways.

Either Vogue or Suprema are the gays, cause they have non traditional hair colors.

Thought Suprema strikes me as someone who calls people "problematic."

>sjw
>skinny girls
ok faggot

If they thought ahead of the curve they would know that the 90's are popular again and that tumblr crap is played out. People would buy legitimate 90's style comics not parodies or reimaginings

That meme comeback is older than Sup Forums, sounds like you're the one who needs to go to bed.

>not knowing why Suprema's hair is white
Casual.

Don't worry. Ya boy Rob did art in the issue too.

I refuse to believe there are legitimate fans of Youngblood on this board. Good gracious, Sup Forums, get some standards! Goddamn.

Yeah, I can understand Supreme, Glory and Prophet. Even Bloodstrike to a degree... but Youngblood? Seriously?

I see he hasn't improved AT ALL over the years.

the original youngblood was a culmination of all the shitty trends of the 90s. This is the same but with the current shitty trends, so in a way it's the most faithful reboot you could ask for

Youngblood came out 25 years ago. Plenty of people around here are probably nostalgic for it. The things you read as a kid are what stick with you regardless of actual quality.

You make it sound like anyone who'd write it would do the research.

Why would anyone actively try and get Liefeld to let them write Youngblood if they weren't fans.

>just one token minority

Not SJW enough tbqhfam

Most of the people complaining about it in this thread never really read Youngblood.

But I was actually looking forward to the Corey Lewis Youngblood reboot he told us about back when Stokoe and Graham still loved us...

What happened this time??

>fergut muh image

You're such a fucking autist

Pouches are toxic reminders of the masculine bulge, so they have to go

All heroes get mandatory messenger bags to store their gizmos

Vogue's really plays with the idea of being in vogue with fashion.

I kind of like it. It's neat.

Granted I never gave a shit about Youngblood. If there's something there being lost here, then I feel for Youngblood fans.

But from an outsiders perspective, it's fucking Youngblood Jesus fuck.

Modern inking and coloring just makes him look worse, it's amazing.

My dudes, got a link to the comic? I'm curious. Out of morbid curiosity, or honest interest I have no clue. But I'm interested.

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Youngblood-2017

Dude's right arm is fucked

Wait, this is a sequel to original Youngblood and not a ground up reimagining?

I came here just to post that. I'm glad someone else noticed.

Nobody ever claimed it was a reboot.

It looked like one to me. I thought it was.