Is this show really as bad as Sup Forums makes it out to be?

Is this show really as bad as Sup Forums makes it out to be?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tMtsqkrm8i4
youtube.com/watch?v=s24oyN6Gg18
youtube.com/watch?v=ss7rLjGAlQE
youtube.com/watch?v=S2BfpD5aWJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0jD7tHmC1MU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, although it has noticeably declined in the past couple of years.

Yes, the only good episode was Steven and the Stevens.

try it for yourself

it's okay. Sometimes it's almost unbearably boring, but that's only moreso when we wait for weekly episodes with little plot progression.

it's actually worse

this show is the best cartoon network's show ever, just ignore Sup Forums and no, it isn't decline the past couple or years.

people only hate this show because all the aliens girls are lesbians and because in an episode steven dressed as a woman for sing a song, and just for that, so only ignore the hate.

(Avatar the Last Airbender > Steven Universe, btw)

It's honestly a really mixed bag, some episodes are great and some are total shit. It has a fucking stupid fanbase and equally fucking stupid hatebase, so its qualities and faults are often way over-exagerated online. Just watch it for yourself.

Not at all. Everyone who has never seen it will tell you otherwise.

At it's worst it's harmless, at its best it's the best cartoon currently on tv

stay away from the fanbase and it's pretty enjoyable, but that's true for basically everything

it's a meme show, taylor made for reddit, so yes

Similar to Korra the protagonist is the worst part of the show. The writing is also terrible and you have to sit through tons of bullshit that might as well be filler

It certainly isn't as good as tumblr makes it out to be.

>rave mixed kid raised by three illegal alien mothers has sever mental and social problems and is obese
Kino

yes
thats why its

>Just ignore criticism or opinions I don't like
SUfags, everyone.

No but most of the second half of season 4 is bullshit filler

First season is alright. Then Sugar decided they needed to take 3-4 hiatus a year and move the show over to SoL
Then she realized they are fucking horrible at SoL and are trying to make it a plot driven action show again
So it's going to feel like a complete mess when you watch it

Compare the final fight of season 1 which was Garnet vs Jasper to the Steven/Amethyst abomination vs Jasper fight in the last season.

That's the fucking show. You get a taste of something good and then they shit over all of it

The writing is very well done and the best part of the show with his soundtrack, It's a beautiful series.

just, listen:
youtube.com/watch?v=tMtsqkrm8i4
youtube.com/watch?v=s24oyN6Gg18
youtube.com/watch?v=ss7rLjGAlQE
youtube.com/watch?v=S2BfpD5aWJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0jD7tHmC1MU

>Then Sugar decided they needed to take 3-4 hiatus a year
Fucking kek that's CN's fault, show creators don't have say in how a fucking channel's schedule runs.

It's disappointing and wasted potential. Which is worse than just being bad.

Pretty much this. At some point in time I stopped eagerly awaiting new episodes and just started catching up whenever I remembered it exists.

It's not bad, but currently it's not what it used to be.

I was shocked to hear it's in its 5th season. Feels like nothing has happened since they ruined Jasper, and they even managed to drag that shit out for what was it three seasons?

Yea cartoon Network has data that showed them this runs better in its Steven bomb. Format so that is all they do now.

>those are criticisms

Season 4 was mostly boring as hell, there were only about 10 episodes really worth watching. Season 5 looks like it might be a return to form, but if they go back to townie bullshit after the intro bomb without any major repercussions it's a lost cause. Biggest issue with the show is that it needs to actually go somewhere.

I like the bombs.

It's ok. Some episodes are boring, some are not. I like what they're doing with trying to do lore building and world building for the show, but sometimes it falls flat, or it doesn't really make sense. A lot of the episodes too just feel like a similar formula of "Problem happens ---> Steven cries ---> its all better!"

The reason I feel it gets a bad rap is the people who like it a little too much take it a little too far. If there weren't so many autists who attached themselves to the show and brought it up constantly it would just be one of those shows that's mentioned as being fun to watch and a decent cartoon.

The writing is abysmal at best. How anyone can honestly believe the series is well written is beyond me.

Not at first but it gets there

Highly dependant on your taste. If you want to watch it for a decent plot. Stop. And seek another show.
If you want a brief getaway with little episodes of emotional stuff, then start from mid season 1 (like episode 25 or something). I'm of the few people that aknowledge that the show is shit and the crew behind it takes too many shortcuts and ambiguity to develop it but you still can enjoy it being this flawed

It has a lot of the same problems Adventure Time had. A lot of setup without much payoff. When a payoff does occur, it's pretty flaccid. I'm not sure why they introduce all this lore only to do nothing with it. It's the reason why I'm not looking forward to a confrontation with any of the diamonds or the reveal as to why Pink Diamond was shattered.

This, though I personally haven't found any episode I disliked enough to label it as shit. Only one that came close was Onion Gang but that was mostly just pure boredom.

They're pretty consistent with their lore at least. Which is also fun to theorize about. They leave gaps for you to fill in.

This. The whole concept of a conquering race of immortal rock aliens that drain planets of their minerals to create more of themselves and to make planet sized geo-weapons is cool. But they had to fuck it up.

I like the the show quite alot! There are definitely a few meh or bad episodes here and there but overall i think the show is great. Though I'm not sure how I'm feelin' about this mist recent episode.

Worst episodes are really just forgettable, but otherwise are really harmless, while its good episodes harkens back to the time when Adventure Time was good

I honestly think the new arc has won me back after a series of lackluster and aimless episodes

I like the way it's been going since they introduced Topaz and Aquamarine, but it depends on how this homeworld arc is handled. I'm hopeful but also very cynical. I thing all Sugar has to do is rule with a tighter fist. Her vision is what I want to see.

It's decent, but the fanbase is cancerous waifufags.

that's 90% of cartoon fanbases

Nothing is ever as bad as Sup Forums says. It's just a board full of fucking idiots.

The show for me really knew how to tug at my heartstrings. There was a good amount of time where every episode was guaranteed to make me tear up. It's kinda slipped up since then but it's still a solid show. Seems like they tried to bring it around with the newest bomb but if felt like PART 1 OF 2 instead of a complete storyline. Obviously that's what it is but since nowadays the new episodes come out months apart and in bombs, it is really hard to watch a chunk of storyline and then waiting forever for the next chunk. It especially burns when most of a bomb can just be straight filler. Now I can take filler episodes fine if the show was weekly, but with the current format it is harder to enjoy. Still, it's been one of if not the best show CN has since it's been out and gained steam and I'm excited for the new bomb to leak. If this bomb disappoints it'll be another drop in quality in the slow decline of the show. I give Steven Universe in it's current form a 7/10. Steven Universe in it's prime gets a 10/10.

Bait.

This show is the epitome of wasted potential. There is so much that could have been done with the characters, plot, world, etc. But instead, it manages to consistently take directions that are either lame, disappointing, or annoying. It's one thing for a show to be completely shitty, I just ignore it. It's another for a show to reel you in as it proves it can do amazing things but doesn't.

the only cogent answer to this question

I appreciate you and your good sense, user

Overall it's a mixed bag of wasted potential. It has a cool premise with interesting ideas but falls flat due to lack of internal consistency and poor execution. If you want something similar to Steven Universe that basically fixes or gets rid of most of the problem the series has, just read Land of the Lustrous.

It wouldn't be as shit if it didn't have Steven in it. He is very annoying and unpleasant to look at.

It's getting there.
I'd say give it a shot but don't be afraid to dump it if it starts getting insufferable.

>this show is the best cartoon network's show ever, just ignore Sup Forums
>only ignore the hate.

Sounds like he wants to ignore all criticism/negative opinions to me. Just as bad, if not worse than horsefukers.

It's worse.

Ok, you honestly think this latest season was good??

It starts out okay to decent but quickly go for a nosedive in the shitter
That's just my opinion though