Is it worth watching? I've never seen any Godzilla film

Is it worth watching? I've never seen any Godzilla film.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5uVooQWLK0o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Godzilla films are trash.

It's kino incarnate

It is 100% political kino. If you expect monsters wrestling, don't do it.

Do you enjoy frenetic editing, smash cuts to crowded office buildings with character names/titles overlaid momentarily, followed by endless bureaucratic dialogue?

Best Godzilla film

tks
not gonna watch it

Fantastic movie.

And I hate movies.

gib autist gf

Watch the original Godzilla, it's a genuenly good film.

It's a good movie but they should have worked on the CGI a bit more.

>tfw you find out she's actually 46

It's basically like a deadpan parody skit that goes on for 2 hours. There's only so many logistic subcommittee contingency meeting scenes with NGE music you can watch with a straight face. And then there's that solid half hour of the movie in which the monster remains literally inanimate though a in-universe explanation

It's pretty unique 2bh; definitely worth a watch

Chinks don't chink bro

Eighty percent filler. Anno is a hack.

>itt: plebs

2deep4Westerns

They deserve their shitty 2014 cheeseburger Godzilla movie.

it's good, but not as a first godzilla
you should watch godzilla 1985 and godzilla vs biollante

The second best Godzilla movie and the best 2016 movie.

Pure Masterkino

it's too dated

It was okay, but if you want to watch bureaucracy inhibiting people from solving problems, watch Shake Hands with the Devil.

It reminded me of Contagion but the virus is a Kaiju. The people who don't like the bureaucracy part probably aren't familiar with how the Japanese government and society works. I love it but it's not a good 1st Godzilla film to watch.

They're all worth watching at least once, it's kind of like Star Trek you watch it all once, but only ever rewatch the good stuff that you personally liked.
youtube.com/watch?v=5uVooQWLK0o

Well, it's a foreign movie, right. There's a reason why people in China love transformers so much. We just want to watch smashy action that doesn't need translation. People don't want dialogue heavy scenes in languages they don't understand. and dubs suck for live action too because they never line up and give the viewer a headache.

Hell no it's not.

It's boring and Godzilla looks dumb

ALWAYS DO THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT Sup Forums SAYS

Excellent movie, one of my favorites. It's not a monster film really, it's a film about ordinary people banding together to fight an unknown and seemingly unstoppable threat. Each human alone is weak and incapable of stopping Godzilla, but when their minds and industry are combined they can do anything.

I tried showing a bunch of friends it once upon a time, they didn't like it and it turned them off godzilla for good

I shoulda showed them godzilla 1985

it is a monster film, it's big government vs big monster, but godzilla doesn't do enough

I want to see him wreck more things

You have no idea how genius this design is. You're not my friend anymore Craig.

>I want to see him wreck more things
the atomic fire scene alone is more destructive than a lot of godzilla scenes

>I want to see him wreck more things
MORE? Nigga you hate those poor chinks.

it's implied he wrecks more
but I wanna see him blow up battleships, swat planes out of the sky, fight maser tanks, topple buildings over
the most satisfying part of the film was him facing off the helicopters and the tanks, but he doesn't even do anything to them

I still prefer his blu atomic breath more than his explosive barf + laser beam

I do, what else is there that I can watch besides In the Loop?

besides, the city was evacuated, it's not the same

In the Loop was a terrible film

It is a waste of your time.