It's 1993 and Lucasfilm tasks YOU with creating the prequels. How would you do it? No scripts/ideas/designs etc...

It's 1993 and Lucasfilm tasks YOU with creating the prequels. How would you do it? No scripts/ideas/designs etc. have been created yet, you have to come up with everything. You are allowed to pick from the EU from back then as you please, the only important part is that nothing contradicts the OT.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iwL8wlBMflA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>the only important part is that nothing contradicts the OT.
This is something the actual prequels got wrong and it frustrated me, so I'd probably start there.

TPM
>Make Anakin around 20 years old, Obi-Wan around 30
>Anakin's a starfighter pilot in the Republic, was born on Tatooine
>His brother Owen resents him for neglecting the family farm and going off on space adventures
>An elite unit is put together to go and investigate whispers of a secret army being recruited
>Unit consists of Anakin (pilot), Obi-Wan (Jedi representative), Padme (captain), and then a few red-shirts
>Obi-Wan and Anakin bond over the course of the mission as Obi-Wan recognises Anakin's Force potential, meanwhile Anakin and Padme grow close
>Mission results in them discovering that the Sith have returned and are building a Clone Army
>Climactic battle involving prototype Clones, Padme fighting them on the ground, Anakin in the sky and Obi-Wan vs Darth Maul
>After the successful mission Obi-Wan visits Anakin on Tatooine, tells him war is on the horizon and to come and train with him to become a Jedi Knight
>Owen begs Anakin not to go, but Anakin says it's something he needs to do and leaves with Obi-Wan

why would you still call it The Phantom Menace

Well, I don't know that I would. I just saw no reason to change it for the purposes of the post. Same for Padme and Maul. I dunno that I'd necessarily keep those names.

Also, in hindsight, I'd actually probably make Padme the engineer or the weapons officer or something and make a dude the captain, then that captain would adopt Leia later since Leia told Obo-Wan that he served her father in the Clone Wars.

Who is Darth Maul in this story?

>Mission results in them discovering that the Sith have returned and are building a Clone Army
>Climactic battle involving prototype Clones, Padme fighting them on the ground, Anakin in the sky and Obi-Wan vs Darth Maul
He'd be overseeing the facility. He could still be Sheev's apprentice, no change necessary.

How would I know, OP?
Make a list of names from 45&6 that are pertinsnt.
Make list of prior events mentioned.
Start with a young Yoda and end with something like Rogue One.

The nice thing about the lightsaber duels in the OT was that they had emotional weight because they were between characters with histories with each other. Seems kind of lame for the climactic final to be between Obi Wan and just some bad guy.

I would have preferred the movie start with anakin already an adult, and he turns in episode 1, I'd even like the lava and him in the suit by the end of episode 1. One movie is long enough to establish his friendship with obiwan.

For Padme, I'd like their relationship to be an affair. Hot and steamy, but nothing like "tragic romance".

Episodes 2 and 3, I dunno. It can be Obiwan on the run, or Vader hunting Jedi, or the Emperor taking over. I don't care. But I'd like to just get to Vader quicker.

Wow, good call OP! We surely needed another Star Wars thread! I know this board has been filled with them for the past month, but your thread is really special. Thank you for your contribution!

>new protagonist that is a young soldier in the republic's guard
>this allows for the world to be a bit bigger than the OT
>There is a growing conflict in the galactic republic
>The cause of the conflict is a newly joined planet that has attempted a coup, started to assassinate high ranking officials and replacing them with dopplegangers
>The dopplegangers stir up conflict with other planets/organizations
>The republic's army is aware and sends protagonist to investigate (chosen because he is unknown and unassuming) which leaders are compromised and where is this coming from
>Gets BTFO on a mission and told that he might speak to the Jedi, a dying out order reputed to use the Force. The Force would help in identifying clones.The Jedi are felt to be people who believe in a looney religious group
>The protagonist goes on a mini-adventure finding this small group of Jedi
>The leader listens to the problem and agrees that the Jedi can help, but in return the republic help restore the order of jedi knights
>We are introduced to Anakin and Obi-Wan, young apprentices
>Obi-wan is more the hot head, brash show off and Anakin is the calm reserved one
>Leader confides that he can't teach them anymore and that they need world experience to grow - warns them against getting ahead of themselves and the dark side. Leader takes Anakin aside and asks him to watch Obi-wan
>Adventure ensues and you see Obi-wan as the shoot first, ask questions later and Anakin always helping him out
>The three go about searching for clones and preventing plots, and we see the relationship dynamics grow. The protagonist is torn between his role to solve the mystery and managing the bickering jedi

I could never make anything as beautiful as George did

Sure, but the only way to duplicate the weight between Vader and Obi-Wan in IV is to imply that Maul and Obi-Wan have history, leaving room for MORE prequels.

You could scrap the fight completely, but I feel a Star Wars film needs one lightsaber duel - this is obviously one of many areas where TLJ failed.

I think in the case of Maul, Lucas made the best possible call.

Also, I'd make Maul more vocal, perhaps he and Obi-Wan can be debating the philosophy of the Sith as they fight and Maul can elaborate on the revenge he seeks so desperately.

Yeah, that would probably be the way to go. It always annoyed me in TPM how much of a non-character Maul was, and how little we knew about the Sith.

>After a major set back Anakin is pissed with Obi-wan for always bringing them into dangerous positions, and having Anakin always saving him. Anakin is major injured because of Obi-wan requiring some cynetics.
>Obi-wan retorts that Anakin is not cut out to be a Jedi because he's not as good as he is. He blames Anakin's presence for dividing the master's time and that Obi-wan would be more accomplished.
>Obi wan sets out to do it his way leaving Anakin and protagonist behind.
>Meanwhile the Republic is fracturing and war is increasing
>No one knows who to trust as literal clones have infiltrated all public life
>Anakin and protagonist get a major break with Anakin using the Force to solve a piece of the conspiracy - it should be shown as clever and not deus ex machina;
>Meanwhile Obi-wan returns with new info and the trio make progress
>However with the force, Obi-wan tells the protagonist that Anakin might be a clone and that they can't trust him.
>at some climax the three don't trust each other and it all gets too much for Anakin
>Anakin confronts Obi-wan accusing him of being a clone, the two have a fight, first with fists, then lightsabers. It is a slow build after the first light saber goes
>Anakin fights wildly and furiously against Obi-wan but is bested easily
>things are said that hurt both
>the trio is split with Anakin seething
>Meanwhile one army from some Lord is able to bring order back to the fighting republic. We never see him but through him they have ample success against the clones; some describe him as a monster
>More rally to his cause and banner, forming a powerful faction critical of the republic's governing during this civil war

I'm not going to sit here and hash out an entire plot because I'm not a screenwriter and nobody would want to read some wall of text storyline, but I will give a rough idea and some bulletpoint changes I'd make

Changes to Jedi and setting:

>Jedi are much less organized and much more mystic, there's under 5000 of them and most people don't know they exist outside of the core worlds. Those that do think they're just ceremonial warriors, like the guards outside Buckingham Palace
>Only the strongest and most talented users of the Force can move shit with their mind, for the most part the Force just allows one to "sense" things, have incredible reflexes and basically be in touch with the universe, at most a mind trick if you're good
>As a result, nearly everyone but the Jedi don't believe in the Force or even know it exists
>Jedi temple on Corsucant is much more hidden and ancient, it has gardens and libraries and generally gives off a Nepalese Monk vibe. Emphasis that the Temple is only a place where Jedi from across the Galaxy commune, not the be-all-end-all of Jedi
>Jedi are ideologically divided, radicals vs republicans. Jedi Republicans like Mace Windu (and eventually Anakin) believe the place of the Jedi is as protectors of the Republic above all, and that the Jedi cannot exist without the Republic and vice versa
>Jedi Radicals believe that the duty of a Jedi is much more spiritual, as protectors of all that is good in the universe, and that the Republic is just a fleeting thing, and isn't the arbiter of good or evil. Yoda and Count Dooku (A Separatists Jedi) fall into this category
>Clones are an ancient and evil practice that has been outlawed for many, many centuries. They are used by the Separatists and not the Republic. They're also more aliens in evil armor, like pic related. The Republic employs normal soldiers

Changes to Episode I:

>Effectively the opening fire of the Clone Wars, by the end of the movie they've started pretty much
>Standard pulpy adventure story about saving the Princess and Naboo from the clutches of the evil Clone Army, whilst the Republic has no army to fight back with
>No Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan is a (relatively) young Jedi just completed his training with Yoda, naive and wandering the Galaxy like a samurai and desperate for action
>Anakin is a young teenager. A slave on Tatooine among dozens of other orphans in the junkyard, fixing up podracers and spaceships, think of the Orphanage from Blade Runner 2049
>Slaves eventually work off their "debt" and are freed. Anakin and his childhood best friend, Owen Lars, have different dreams of freedom. Anakin dreams of being a space hero, Owen just wants to be self-sufficient and live a safe life on his own farm
>Obi-Wan, Padme, Anakin and Owen get up to hijinks on tatooine including podracing, stealing ship parts and a western style shodown against Darth Maul which terrifies everyone, leaving Obi-Wan realizing he isn't prepared and doubting his duty as a jedi
>Owen and Anakin are freed, both offered to join Obi-Wan and Padme. Anakin joins, Owen refuses. Owen was terrified by the Force and the Jedi in the Maul/Obi battle, and tries to stop Anakin from going on some "idealistic crusade" and dying a fool's death, and to just stay and living a fulfilling, simple life on Tatooine.
>Obi, Padme and Anakin come to Corsucant. Obi-Wan takes Anakin to the Jedi temple after sensing he was strong with the force (and him proving it during the podrace). Anakin wants to join the fight and not sit at the temple, but Obi-Wan insists.
>Padme makes a plea to the Senate for aid, but is refused as the Republic has no army. A group of senators including Sheev and Bail Organa privately agree to help Padme afterwards, dedicating themselves to organizing a Republic army

Darth Vader also was just some bad guy in ANH when he dueled Obi Wan and it worked just fine you plinkett parroting monkey

This is complete shit and doesn't feel like Star Wars at all. And Anakin is supposed to be Obi Wan's pupil.

>Whilst Sheev leads the political charge in trying to organize a Republic army (off-screen obviously), Bail Organa rallies the home guard of Alderaan in order to aid Naboo, as Naboo and Alderaan have been close allies for a millenia
>Everyone goes to Naboo, Anakin sneaks on board in order to fight the good fight. Eventually ends up piloting a ship to be put to good use upon discovery
>Obi-Wan basically realizes he has to face Maul no matter what and step up to plate, it doesn't matter if he doesn't think he's hot shit anymore, he has to fight for what's right no matter if he loses
>Obi-Wan's arc in this movie is basically going from a talented hothead to a ROTJ Luke who knows his place
>Obi battles Maul, defeats him just barely through some environmental trickery/advantage. Maul is presumed dead but not really.
>Naboo is freed but the Separatists have basically declared war by doing this
>Yoda places Anakin under the care of Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan is shocked by this as he's only young and not ready, but Yoda assures him that he has become a true Jedi

I said I wasn't going to post a wall of text and I have. That's just Episode I too. Sorry everyone.

am I the only one who liked that it was Republic that used clone army? why does everyone insist on clones being evil? thats so cliche.
it nicely shows the fall of the Jedi who used such unhumanitarian force contrary to their beliefs. decadence of the Republic and hypocrisy of the Jedi are big themes of the prequel trilogy and they are great in concept, just needed better execution.
and proto stormtroopers on the side of the good guys are a great choice aesthetically

Give it to Tom Cruise. He knows how to make a scifi.

Three reasons.

The first is that the Republic using actual human soldiers puts a lot more strain on the Republic, and draws comparisons to real life situations in which fascist regimes have taken hold in severe situations. It also allows more relateability among the soldiers and for them to be characters. The punch of the war is a lot harder if the Republic is losing real people by the hundreds of thousands, but the enemy is just pumping out factory soldiers. Might make the people want to take more drastic and desperate measures in order to win the war. Eventually, it draws a difference between the Republic at War and the Empire at peace

Secondly is that it's called the "Clone Wars", generally with things like the Napoleonic Wars, it's named after the aggressor. It gels a lot better for it to be called the "Clone Wars" if the clones are the enemy.

Thirdly, you always have that really bad leap in logic with why the Republic would stop using clones and start using stormtroopers which were normal people. The Empire/Republic were clearly not meant to be using the clone army in the originals.

>Sorry everyone.
Don't worry, I like to read Star Wars nonsense.

Shall I continue then? The other two episodes are shorter, I think

Do continue.

>why does everyone insist on clones being evil? thats so cliche.
Because killing droids has no emotional impact and cloning usually carries a sense of taboo.

It also presented the perfect scenario for Anakins fall into Vader - pitting him against an endless army of clones who were nevertheless, "real" flesh and blood people.

That's the kind of meat grinder than I can see eroding a Jedi down, breaking his body and spirit until you get the Vader we see in the original series, one who's lost too many friends and limbs because there wasn't a tight enough leash on the galaxy to stop that bullshit happening - not someone throwing a tantrum over a bad dream about his wife and deciding he needed to kill the younglings.

>the only important part is that nothing contradicts the OT.
so money doesn't matter?

I disagree, what you're suggesting is something extremelly cliche and overdone to death in pulp scifi. George cleverly subverted this theme, you root for the Republic and Jedi because they are the "good guys", but deep inside you feel like what they're doing is deeply unethical. thats the point, Republic was not good guys, prequels show the fall and decadence of a once great state in it's final years.
Republic and Jedi, who are supposed to see value in every life, using slave soldiers engineered to have no free will just because draft would be politically unpopular shows the fall of their values like nothing else could.
it's a great idea, but not emphasised enough and most people didn't get what George was trying to do, which is showing both sides of the artificial conflict being corrupted by the dark side.
as for the clone personality, they had plenty of that in the Clone Wars cartoon, movies didn't have time for it. Republic soldiers in the OT also are background goons with no personality, we don't learn their motvations to fight against the Empire either.

>Because killing droids has no emotional impact and cloning usually carries a sense of taboo.
thats the point, using clone army shows the fall of Republic values and hypocrisy of Jedi
>It also presented the perfect scenario for Anakins fall into Vader - pitting him against an endless army of clones who were nevertheless, "real" flesh and blood people.
and throwing endless army of those clones who are under his command into a meatgrinder to die by thousands, causing him to slowly depersonify them and see them less as beings, and more like disposable resources, does not? it's even better scenario in my opinion.

Cool beans

Changes to Episode II:

>It's been 4 years since Episode I, the Clone War(s) have progressed slowly and are still small scale, effectively skirmishes here and there as the Republic has only managed to create a few battle groups to defend itself, in the meantime key Republic senators have been assassinated and terrorist incidents have occured in the Republic capital, all perpetrated by a mysterious Separatist warrior who eludes capture ( I forgot to mention we keep all the Sheev/Maul stuff in Ep. 1 ofc)
>The atmosphere of fear in the Republic has finally lead to the creation of a full Republic army in order to meet the might of the Separatists afterall, spearheaded by /ourguy/ Sheev
>The Jedi are naturally opposed to this as they believe they are the sole protectors of the Republic and there shouldn't be an army needed. Everyone else however ignores the stupid monks in dressing gowns who wander the Galaxy rescuing cats from trees and looking like stern bodyguards near senators
>Obi-Wan has been training Anakin in the Jedi temple, Anakin hasn't really had any action since Naboo four years ago.
>We see them train in the temple gardens, and Anakin finally gets to assemble his lightsaber. Anakin talks to Obi-Wan as he assembles it, explaining how he's read so much about lightsabers, and particularly admires the ancient Jedi tales of when a single lightsaber would be passed from generation to generation, with some knights wielding swords that were centuries old, and that he hopes his lightsaber will one day become legendary like the ones in the old stories
>Obi-Wan responds that the Jedi ways have changed since then, with the apprentice always building their own saber rather than taking their masters and that Jedi cannot have children (or relationships). Anakin is annoyed by this and we get a debate over Jedi ethics

rebel soldiers*

Set the triology around Obi-wan. Everything else happens in the background as his story progresses from hot head to master. Lucas' basic template is sound enough, with some tweaks.

EP1: Yoda flips his shit at Obi-wan Kenobi. Ben is a charming scottish padawan who kicks ass first and asks questions later. He's not quite comfortable with the jedi monastic life. When a beautiful space princess needs help, claiming her planet is being molested by sith (Darth Maul) Ben defies Yoda and sets about Naboo with the intentions of revealling the truth. Yoda later relents and teams up with Ben for the climatic show down, the Jedi no longer able to conceal the existence of the Dark Side. Maul fucking owns both Kenobi and Yoda, and wrecks the Naboo power station shield generator that the planet needs to maintain its atmosphere. Naboo is evacuated, becoming a desert wasteland renamed Tatooine.

EP2: Ben learns humility by becoming a trainer. So, Yoda is wise as fuck and decides to give Ben a taste of his own bratty medicine. Ben is now responsible for four new "failing" jedi, one of whom is Anakin Skywalker, but he's not the focus per se. Sexy Twilek lady jedi, Anakin, snooty British male jedi, and batshit near-sith loli jedi have to pass the Jedi mid-terms or get banished. Ben realises he's also being tested, and so will share the same fate. Whatever, shit happens, they get good but not good enough, and then Darth Maul pops up and they "settle their differences TEAMWORK IS IMPORTANT" to score the secret 20 points for Griffindore and pass the test, Maul retreating defeated.

E3 Code 66 as a full fucking movie: so the scooby gang have to reassemble and fight a rearguard action against the fall of the Republic making them public enemy number one. Maul is pissed at them for breaking his nail, and it becomes five against one, Maul falls but what a tweest, Anakin betrays them. Loli jedi looks sadly out at bare bones of death star ending.

>Episode II then goes onto be basically a buddy cop movie as Anakin and Obi-Wan are sent by the Jedi Order and Bail Organa to track down a macguffin that could potentially stop the war from progressing and broker peace, however the Sith Darth Maul wants to prevent this Macguffin from getting into the hands of the Jedi in order to prolong the war
>Fully buddy cop dynamic, Obi-Wan as the responsible straight man and Anakin as the loose cannon. Important to place emphasis that Anakin is a good man, not a hint of darkness. He's just rouge-ish, like Han Solo basically
>Mace Windu and Bail Organa taking the place of the police chiefs in this buddy cop dynamic
>Sheev has a somewhat significant rise to power in the background as the Republic army hits out in full force
>Padme/Anakin romance is more passionate/hot and steamy affair stuff rather than bad romeo and juliet
>Maul initially appears in full armor and is a cyborg (After Ep. 1), not clear it's Maul, he's the assassin/terrorist. Misled into believing he's a Boba Fett rip off, but surprise surprise it's Darth Maul!!!
>Maul is basically the passion of the dark side embodied. He's sadistic, energetic and toys with his enemies. He views his battles with his enemies as a game. His fighting style is chaotic and violent. He's a rabid dog of Sheev
>We get lots of Jedi ideology stuff, the republican vs radicals. We see Yoda, a Jedi who uses no lightsaber and refuses to participate in the war and instead travelling the galaxy helping survivors and training new Jedi, and Mace Windu his polar opposite, attending strategy meetings and treating the Jedi as soldiers
>The climax of the movie takes place at the peace talks between the two sides of the war, the peaceful Separatists led by Dooku, a Jedi who fights on their behalf
>Right as things are about to well and the macguffin is secured, Maul turns up and fucks everything up. Everyone blames the Separatists and Dooku flees the fuck out, Obi-Wan in pursuit

Give all rights to george, its his story not mine or someother faggots.

>naboo becomes tatooine

Retarded.

Especially as there are native sand people on the planet.

Almoat the same but anakin being hayden in tpm, obiwan the one in tatooine, jarjar stays on the ship, the neimodians never interact with sithious and instead talk with maul, maul kills several jedis on naboo and survives, anakin is a naboo pilot born in tatooine and palpatone uses the republic navy at the end to attack the trade federation wich creates the war
In atoc we see the republic navy failing against the droids so the clones are used instead

It starts out during the clone wars and Anakin is an adult. We get to see his ideological struggles and emotional instability. He is seduced by the darkside. He turns into Vader gradually after the war has ended and the empire is established, as a result of being ordered by Palpatine to hunt down the last of the Jedi throughout the galaxy. An arm there, a leg there, and finally his humanity.

The trilogy is focused almost entirely on him and his good friend Ben.

No, it actually worked far less well in ANH than in its two sequels.

>Obi-Wan not knowing it's Maul and thinking it's just a small clone assault, flees after Dooku in a ship
>Anakin is left to tend with Maul with like two or three other Jedi
>The Jedi are BTFO by Maul who takes them by surprise, Maul is beaten down but still manages to take down all the Jedi except Anakin who is now fighting for his life
>Maul is just going ape shit at Anakin and teases him that he can sense a dormant darkness deep within him, and that he could be so much more powerful if he embraced it. If he did, well, this might not happen next
>They lock sabers, Maul begins to force choke Anakin and overpowers him, pressing his saber into Anakin's body, cutting deeply into his leg, slicing up his torso and scarring his face
>Maul then punctuates this by lopping off the entirety of Anakin's arm, he collapses onto the floor
>Suddenly a platoon of Republic soldiers led by Sheev and more Jedi with Windu arrive at the peace talks, the assault interrupting the wounded Maul, who flees, leaving Anakin barely alive
>Sheev and Padme find Anakin and bring him to the med-center
>Meanwhile Obi-Wan has pursued Dooku to a moon, in an abandoned Jedi temple
>Dooku monologues that a long time ago in the ancient era, there were jedi temples across the galaxy like this and there were as many jedi knights as there were stars in the sky. He relents that the Jedi's reliance on the Republic has caused stagnation, and they've lost their way. Fighting as soldiers of a government rather than warriors of peace will lead to their doom.
>Obi-Wan tells him that the Republic fleet are on their way, and that he must surrender now or face Republic bombardment. They won't show mercy as he has.
>Dooku responds that he isn't an enemy of the republic. He wanted peace. Obi-Wan asks him why did he run, then
>Dooku replies that partly it was cowardice, but partly the Sith assassin wanted his life, in fear of the peace but also the information that Dooku could provide

Simple. If it must be story of Anaking i would just simply shamelessly plagiarize Beserk

Kill yourself. Worse than disney wars.

>Dooku reveals that recently he has been contacted by a mysterious Sith master, likely the master of the rabid dog Darth Maul
>The Sith Master attempted to convince Dooku to join him as a Sith Warrior, assuming that he was already an exiled Jedi, revealing that he has amassed power particularly in the Republic Senate and that Dooku could play a similarly vital role within the Separatists in engineering the war
>Obi-Wan, shocked by this, assures Dooku that he needs to come with him back to the Coruscant
>Dooku refuses, stating that he has failed in his purpose as a Jedi, the war is in full swing and will only become worse. If he flees, he will become a scapegoat enemy, if he returns to the Republic, the Sith within the Senate will conspire against him and prevent the spread of information. It is better to die as a martyr for Separatist peace, than to give up on his ideals to either side
>Obi-Wan defeatedly returns to the peace talks, wherein he meets with, Sheev, Padme and the recovering Anakin who is now severely scarred, with cybernetic components across his torso, a nasty scar across the face and a robotic arm. All of which gives him lingering pain.
>Together they look out, watching the assembly of republic star destroyers in orbit as they jump to battlefronts across the galaxy. The Clone Wars have only just begun

Won't lie, I basically cannibalized the climax from another prequel rewrite.

Can't be fucked to do Episode III if I'm honest, apologies for the rambling wall of text.

I liked it user, it was a fun starwarsy read

ITT: People who don't understand that Star Wars is a series of space adventure films based on classic mythology and 30's serials, not a vehicle for their dumb and incoherent space politics ramblings.

I wouldn't cast Hayden Christenson.

(you)

Considering I'm not a writer or director, that's a pretty bad decision on their part. I don't have any ideas for a prequel, and I'm eventually fired.

Are you retarded? It is established at many points, including the fight itself, that Vader has a history with Obi-Wan.

thank you. I'm surprised someone actually read it.

Fuck it, I'll just finish Ep. III as quickly as I can

>7 years since Episode II, Clone Wars are a living nightmare. Both sides are fracturing, most of the galaxy is in chaos
>Sheev has been amassing power and is now loved by the people as he gives speeches and rallies in service of ending the war and fighting the good fight. He's Commander in Chief of the Republic
>There is public hatred of the Senate/Democarcy, sheparded by Sheev as the Senate must vote on most millitary action, leading to slow responses and indecision, costing thousands of lives
>The soliders have become increasingly indoctrinated by being thrown into a war machine and the machinations of Sheev, a battlefield chant that Anakin/Obi-Wan hear the Republic soldiers recite before an assault is:
>"For our Beacon of hope and peace! For our Republic of democracy and truth! For our Empire of law and justice!"
>Sheev is granted emergency powers in a desperate act to bypass the senate bureaucracy, the already paranoid Jedi Masters (Who have been searching for the sith master since Ep. II) decide that if Sheev does not give up his emergency powers when the war ends, they will take action
>Anakin is beaten down by war, his wounds from Ep. II give him constant lingering pain (cue Kaz MGSV monologue), it is hard not to fight without his mind being clouded by pain and anger, but he tries
>Obi-Wan is similarly hollowed out, but remains resolute and stoic that the war can be won
>Anakin's pain manifests in a desire for revenge against Darth Maul,which he hides from Obi-Wan
>Sheev is kidnapped in the middle of the movie during a Separatist siege of Corsucant, effectively their last stand against the Republic, Obi-Wan and Anakin attempt rescue and things go similarly to real Ep. III

I don't think misremembering a movie makes him mentally challenged.

>Anakin and Obi-Wan take on Maul in the control room, Anakin is going ape shit with rage against Maul since this is the first time they've fought since Ep. II and he's thought of nothing else for the last seven years
>They best Maul, slicing his hands off and leaving him helpless. Sheev goads Obi-Wan to kill him. Obi-Wan refuses, stating that it's not the way of the Republic nor the way of the Jedi to kill unarmed enemies without trial
>"Anakin, you do it"
>Anakin very obviously wants to, but initially refuses, but as Sheev goads him on saying that he's an enemy of the galaxy, to peace and order, and by leaving him alive it's prolonging the war, that he'll escape again, think of all those he will go onto kill, think of the chaos he'll cause, think of your wife!
>Obi-Wan is shocked at this reveal, Anakin ignites his saber as Sheev goes full ROTJ "feel the hate", Obi-Wan tries to stop Anakin, but is force pushed into the wall. In desperation, Obi-Wan force pulls Anakin's saber into his hands, removing his weapon
>Anakin force chokes Maul to death as Sheev talks on in the background. Imperial march motif.
>Republic fleet begins to attack the Separatist ships, the three flee back to Corsucant and the Separatists flee the system
>Anakin is brought before the Jedi Masters, severely reprimanded for killing Maul which was not only against the Jedi and Republic way but also killed the only potential solid evidence to the Sith Master. Obi-Wan and Anakin erupt in argument about the incident in front of the masters, and Obi-Wan blurts out that he sensed an emergence of the dark side within Anakin
>Mace Windu decides then that enough is enough, that they also sense the dark side, Anakin is exiled from the Jedi Order, despite the pleas and apologies of Obi-Wan
>Meanwhile, chaos reigns in the streets of Coruscant following the siege, protests, riots, looting and general disorder. Republic Soldiers attempt to keep the peace, but are failing

I would copy EXACTLY what the OT did (or what I interpreted from it anyway) because I'm a failed, disillusioned gen-x who can't let go of his attachment to children's movies.

the prequels pretty much need to feature the clone wars as it was mentioned in the OT, where there's war there's politics

>Anakin is invited to the office of Sheev, who congratulates him on his rescue and his actions in executing Maul, and how much he has done to further the end of the war and the restoration of order to the Galaxy
>Anakin relents that he has been exiled for his actions, and Sheev retorts that the Jedi are more concerned with their own glory and honour than they are with peace or order in the Galaxy
>He continues that the time has come to carry further Anakin's actions, to take extreme measures to restore peace, and that momentarily he will announce to the Senate a new order for the republic and for the galaxy, one that will bring an end to the war, and he'd like Anakin at his side.
>Anakin agrees, but says he should find his wife first. Sheev explains that she'll be present at the Senate, as will all other senators in the galaxy, momentarily.
>Sheev declares to the Senate that their beacon of hope and peace has been extinguished, that their republic of democracy and truth has been beaten down, and has failed them
>All that is left, is their Empire of law and justice. Their Empire shall win the war

You can call the prequel-prequels Better Call Maul

Why 20?

Make the cartoons into movies
Make some PT era books into movies ( the one that leads up to RotS can be a movie or possibly 2-3 movies )

fuck brehs, I don't know how to end this shit

Well, peace out

i dont like padme as a character. i would write her as another jedi instead. shes only a "princess" because leia is a princess but shes not princess like in any way, its dumb.
no boy anakin, tpm is not a good story. id get rid of it, move the other movies forward and have an ep 3 where anakin/vader hunts the jedi before getting burnes by lava.

>Anakin is supposed to be Obi-Wans pupil
No not really, just a "good friend"

Darth Vader was Obi Wan's student in the OT, therefore Anakin was. It's true that he's not in the original Star Wars, but according to ROTJ he is.

Yeah youre right. Vader mentioned Obiwan being his former master in the original star wars too. Forgot about that

>clone army of unknown origin invades the Republic, lead by a Sith
>hastily assembled army fights a losing battle
>Obi-Wan meets a young ace pilot on the field and they become battle buddies
>Obi starts teaching Anakin the ways of the Force
>together they become war heroes
>Anakin hooks up with Padme
>Obi Wan is against it but acquiesces
>Anakin is captured and grievously injured
>Obi Wan rescues him and together they defeat the Sith lord controlling the clone army
>however Anakin suffers from PTSD and is furious at his perceived lack of power
>Palpatine buddies up with Anakin and starts theaching him ''alternate'' methods of force
>Obi Wan is suspicious and investigates Sheev
>he discovers that Sheev was actually playing both sides and has effectively become a dictator of the new-defunct Republic
>Anakin is almost fully consumed by the Dark Side, ruthlessly purging ''traitors'' from the army on Sheev's orders under the name of Darth Vader
>pregnant Padme witnesses him executing her trusted comrades and falls into deep depression
>Obi Wan rescues Padme soon after she gives birth
>Anakin and Obi-Wan duel, Obi wins
>Obi misdirects Anakin by saying he'll never see his son
>the perceived betrayal of his friend and lover completely destroys any remnant of old Anakin
>Darth Vader is born in earnest
>Padme and Leia are taken in by the Alderaanian royalty
>Obi Wan takes Luke to his uncle on Tatooine
>roll credits

I don't really know how to fit Yoda into this

this is retarded

no yoda

Because The Phantom Menace is a cool fucking title. Nobody denies this.

I would say "fuck that" and retcon Anakin into being a girl.

actual prequel plot is better than the garbage you guys are writing lol.

t. Jar Jar

To words: full penetration

nigga how young are you
Most people thought the title was a joke when it was announced. I've never heard anyone say anything positive about it in the years since.
youtube.com/watch?v=iwL8wlBMflA Here's Ewan referring to how people were making fun of the Phantom Menace title.

>the rebels have killed the emperor and destroyed the death star
>the republic lacks infrastructure and order
>favelas pop up everywhere where the majority of citizens live in squalor
>Luke becomes a hermit after giving up on trying to help organize an effort to rebuild
>Princess Leia becomes new leader of the republic and spends her days in the Senate arguing for social welfare and the building of stadiums to hold the galactic games
>the former rebels without anything to do starts to found different criminal enterprises across the galaxy fighting for galactic credits terrorising the people
>in the absence of law and justice the remaining Empire create a new army more focused, special forces unit to kill the bad guys and remove all spice and eliminate smugglers
>bope stormtroopers wearing black uniforms starts roaming the planet's at night
>Han Solo gets killed by them and Chewbacca tortured who reveals location of the biggest operation run by Lando
>movie ends with the unit storming the millennium falcon on Tattooine at night killing the nigger

I would pay to watch that

Thx for the post user. Fun read while taking a shit

Feels bad that this isn't how it played out. SW is full of missed opportunities