Telepaths

How come whenever Sup Forums bitches about telepath characters, nobody ever brings up Saturn Girl?

If I may be so bold, she's pretty much the best telepath character in comics, simply because the usual morally suspect shit they get up to, and the consequences of such, is a major aspect of her character. For bonus points, these stories are usually pretty good.

Also, not so stealth Legion thread. Because why the fuck not.

Why is she in Arkham, Johns?

Seriously. As much I love the Legion, and Imra in particular, I'm getting just a touch sick of waiting for some answers.

Presumably she could just walk out of there at anytime, so why hasn't she? Why was that hockey player important, apparently? Gimme something here, Geoff.

I feel like Reboot did her a big disservice in that regard with the literal rape via mind control stuff. She did have some good arcs despite that, but that just left a sour taste in my mind. She should be more competent than that.

I'd say maybe her powers aren't working, but that wouldn't explain it because she is crafty enough to get out anyway so she must be there willingly for whatever reason.

why was Emerald Empress of all people looking for Saturn Girl

>she's pretty much the best telepath character in comics

Do you mean in terms of power level? Because I'm pretty sure that would be Jean Grey Phoenix form.

Yeah, that was definitely a misstep, but aside from that nonsense, Reboot Imra was overall pretty great. And it's not like Reboot is the only time writers tried to make her more like Jean Grey, which is fucking stupid, by the way.

And yes, she could easily CQC her way out of Arkham, but I guess her allegedly goal of waiting for Superman relies on staying in Gotham City... Hm.

would imagine he means in characterization

Saturn Girl might be a bit too bold

I mean in terms of characterization. Power levels mean nothing to me.

if only more people thought like you

Power levels can influence characterization so they're not entirely irrelevant. But yeah, it's not everything.

Presumably Imra has a time bubble somewhere. Sarya seems pretty eager to get home.

Because SHE WANTS TO BE THERE.

She's a fucking time traveler! How hard is it to imagine a time traveler staying in a certain place patiently waiting for moment they're expecting to happen?

Cause she's her ticket back to the future.

also she still hasn't talked to Superman yet

Well she isn't the SaturnGirl from his timeline so she might not even been aware of that Supes (or at least not worried about it).

But why Arkham? Why the hell doesn't she just go to Metropolis and be all "Hey, Clark!"? Like, we know this has to be part of the plan, the issue is that it's taking forever for Rebirth's plot to go anywhere. It's been a whole year, and waiting for something to actually happen is a might frustrating.

Because no one reads The Legion of Literal Whos

Is that confirmed yet? I thought all we knew was that he didn't remember the LoSH but it's very typical in modern stuff that she just blocks the memories.

they've been pushing the Legion a bit recently, hell there are several references to them in Injustice 2

I think her staying after the hockey murder is odd because her reaction suggested that something they were trying to avoid has gone wrong. At that point shouldn't you regroup?

Maybe it'll make sense in the end but it's not really adding any suspense right now. Just feels pointless.

whats this hockey murder thing you guys are talking about

Because nobody gives a fuck about the Legion of Superheroes.

From The Button

As a canadian this also intrigues me

Hockey-wise all you need to know is that King fucked up and put Metropolis and Gotham in the Western conference but it'll apparently be fixed in the trade.

>The Button
>Imra is in Arkham watching TV
>hockey match between Gotham and Metropolis
>announcer talks about two big name players
>Imra freaks the fuck out saying THIS IS WHEN HE KILLS HIM and SUPERMAN WON'T SAVE US
>the big name players get into a scuffle
>one goes ballistic and punches the other into a pulp
>we find out later that one who got pummeled died

And it may be a meta-commentary on the nu52

which issue is it in

>watching hockey while in a nuthouse

Truly /ourgirl/

Whatever was Part 1 of The Button, so Batman?

>a fictional team that exists for one issue has a better name/logo than the NHL's newest expansion team

What a world

Gotham is good but Metropolis looks like poop

>last three panels
Yeah, that's not meant be commentary AT ALL. Nope. Not even a little.

Regardless, I really don't see how some rando hockey player getting beaten to death on the ice supposedly leads to the Legion's demise.
It's like, how does saving someone from getting murdered in a bathroom cause a tornado to form? What is the through line here? Butterfly Effect, lol.

Given that Taylor is being beaten by Shuster it's probably Injustice commentary.

I think it's more the idea that Barry was supposed to get there to stop it so that he could get to the Batcave on time and avoid the actually relevant stuff that ended up happening.

>best character
>must be talking about power level!
I wish powerlevel fags would leave.

He doesn't remember the ones he hung out with as Superboy because they removed his memories, but with the return of (some) of his pre-Flashpoint memories he could potentially remember both the reboot and retroboot teams.

I thought his preFP memories went away though since Reborn and all he has is the merged timeline memories?

He retained some history from both the pre-FP and post-FP universes with the merge. The Legion hasn't been mentioned or seen in any of the flashback scenes that show his "new" past (which is kinda odd), but there's still a small chance that they're part of it.

I guess we'll see then. Both preFP Superman and Superbro had teen adventures with the LoSH so it wouldn't make sense if it didn't still happen.

What are these pages from?

Batman #21 IIRC

Batman #22

I mean #21

Yeah, it seems like a given but this is DC so who knows

Jean fags are a leading cause of X-cancer

I kinda want their inevitable reintroduction to be a callback to Adventure Comics #247. Clark is just minding his own business when suddenly three people he doesn't recognize, but seem to know him, set up up a bunch of tests to see if he's really Superman. Once he's passed them all, they all touch him, and just like with Wally and Barry, Clark suddenly remembers his good friends from the 31st century!

That'd be pretty nice. Though I'd also be satisfied if they cavalaryed a huge fight or something and afterwards Clark lands besides them and says something like "are you kids alright". And as the dust settles he recognises them and there's a great reunion where he hugs them and introduces them to Jon and everything.

Didn't this basically happen in flashbacks during something preFP? One of the Johns arcs with Frank doing art

Calvary seems very likely, assuming this Arkham thing involves the Legion as a faction, and Imra isn't just stuck in the past or something.

>introduces them to Jon and everything.
>Imra and Garth offer to bring over Graym and Garddian for dinner sometime
I neeeeed it!

>cape fangirl passing up an opportunity to live in and authentically experience one of the most famous buildings in capeshit history

traditionally Gotham is irrelevant and forgotten by their time and Batman is only known because he was BFFs with Superman

The new Legion knows about sales figures.

It's sometimes recognised but it's kind of become a part of the mega city Metropolis by that point. Crime Alley has been mentioned a few times, for example

The whole thing feels almost intentionally out of place, since the Legion has always had fuck all to do with anything Bat related. There was one very brief team up thing which I only just now remembered, and that time Matter Eater Lad found the ruins of the Batcave. That's pretty much it.

Though I suppose the cape fan girl thing makes sense. And it's not like she's in any danger in there. Something happens, she can just do the mass emotional pacifying thing.

Repeat of this but more involved and less people.

>mega-city
What's funny is that the Science Police do sometimes resemble Judges, especially in Reboot. In fact, I wonder if Imra's background in that version was a little shout out to Judge Anderson. They are fairly similar after all.

which series/issue is that panel from?

Justice League vs Suicide Squad

The lightning is telling Ayla that Brin needs to be punished for stealing the pizza.

For real though, I love SOL Legion stuff.

oh all right

Looks like #17 goes Matt Cook on a guy and then #93 comes in to teach him a lesson. The Wheel of Justice has decided to fine #93 $10,000 for his actions

I was using it as it's used in the real world (though I'm guessing it will be a very outdated concept by the 31st century since Tokyo is considered a megacity today and future Metropolis is way larger than that.), but yeah, they're kinda similar at times.

>tfw Rebirthboot will add a Bat character to the roster to draw in casuals
On the one hand, it sucks because the IP has lasted this long without gimmicky marketing, on the other, this is the first length of time they've gone without an active title, so they kinda need some help right now.

The Flash and Superman connections should really be enough

Make Invisible Kid some long winded descendant of Dick or Terry or even Bruce or whoever, have him do detective stuff in addition to the spy stuff. He already has the black suit and the sneakiness.

An actual bat would be difficult since your age-appropriate options are basically Jason or Damian unless they're really playing the long game with Tim. Though it would be pretty easy to rejig Karate or Invisible kids to be bat legacies. I don't think they should, but it wouldn't shock me.

You'd think, right? They've got Clark himself, Kara, Jenni and Bart, but alas, there is no greater draw for casuals than a cowl.

I guess rebranding Lyle could work, since he is fairly gadgety already. We could call him "Bat Kid", or "Neo-Bat", or some other stupid bat name. Just don't make him broody, a broody Lyle would be annoying as fuck.

What if he only broods when he's invisible?

Eh, I think Invisible Kid could still work. Or maybe have him take up the Nightwing mantle instead, it sounds less silly and on the nose and makes it easier for him to justify the lack of broodiness.

Or put Querl in charge of the brooding since he's already got that locked down pretty well.

>Lyle as Nightwing
Hm. Now that could do it. I was gonna suggest you make him more of a Terry knockoff, but Nightwing makes a lot of sense. His costume could even have white stripes instead of blue.

>put Querl in charge of brooding
Ah yes, that good ol fashion 12th level suffering.

If they do Nightwing it should be the god. Legion is used to myth shit.

Stripes would be cool. Though I'm not sure if he should stick with the useless headband or wear a mask instead, since it is his most iconic feature even though it also doesn't make a lot of sense for him to wear out.

It's expert level suffering. Are your parents dead? Well his are dead and crazy and his whole family is also crazy and murderers who might become not dead so that they can kill him.

And yet, despite all that bullshit, he manages to avoid being an edgelord. Seriously, I swear Querl is the only character in Injustice 2 who did anything useful. And he was only a cameo!

When he's written well he's stubborn and productive despite all that shit, and even when it directly affects him he doesn't just give up and let it fuck up his life forever. I really like that about him.

I simply adore when the Legion is properly shown as being hugely influential on Clark. It shouldn't even need to be said, these were his childhood pals, his best friends, and fellow superhumans for a godchild who surely had some difficulty relating to mere humans like Lana and Pete. You could do a Stand By Me in the 30th Century movie and it'd be a excellent fit.

And Lois by extension getting along with Clark's childhood friends? I love it so damn much.

And I'll say it again, my personal headcanon is that Clark lost his virginity to one of the ladies in this pic.

It was Tasmia, she just settled for Mon later as the next best thing

>And I'll say it again, my personal headcanon is that Clark lost his virginity to one of the ladies in this pic.

Canonically it is Lana, but I could see a fling with Tinya

Nah, it was not the chick who joined the Legion because she thought she wanted to bone Brainy

Tellus is a great telepath too.

DC relevants telepaths::
Saturn Girl, Tellus, Martian Manhunter (and other martians), Brainiac after cCoIE and before infinite crisis, Hitman, Dubbilex, Blanque, Manchester Black, Psimon, Lilith, Despero, Maxima, Grodd, Solovar, Mento, Captain Comet, Tangent Superman, Jemm, Faith, Mogo, Insect Queen, Mindwave, Gil'Dishpan

who is missing (besides Martian girl other telepathic races or aquaman)?

You love that because it makes sense. When Clark is out there on the grind doing his thing, he's almost certainly thinking in the back of his mind of the bright future, and the next generation of heroes who protect it, those heroes being directly inspired by him. It's just that little bit of extra pressure and optimism that helps drive him to keep going in the face of seemingly impossible odds. He can maintain hope, because he already knows a good future exists, and strives to ensure it happens.

Tinya has undoubtedly tried. There's a reason for that nickname.

if you go with LoSH 50 vol3...choose between Imra or Luornu

>He can maintain hope, because he already knows a good future exists, and strives to ensure it happens.
I've never thought of it like that before but it really does make sense. They're really his hope as much as he is theirs.

There's also Hector Hammond and Telepath of L.E.G.I.O.N.

And yeah, poor Tellus is pretty underrated. Shame since non-human Legionnaires are always nice. Poor bastard's most prominent role was in Nu52 Legion Lost.

The Nu52 was fucking poisonous to this IP.

Exactly. This may be the only instance of a time loop being inspirational.

>pre-Crisis Earth-One continuity had at least 20 Supermen throughout the ages, with one active in 2966
>post-Crisis New Earth had a dynasty of Supermen stretching to One Million AD
>The Legion never bothered to visit any of the other Supermen

Talk about favoritism.

Those other Supermen were different people though. The Legion specifically befriended Clark Kent, so that's the one they hang out with.

Nothing's stopping them from befriending the other 19 Supermen though.

Buncha dicks.

He clearly wasn't talking about powerlevels and Xavier is actually stronger in pure telepathic ability since he's OP as shit. He actually took down a dark phoenix for a bit back in the original saga.

post your favorite Legionnaire

You already did, senpai.

so Brainiac 5 might be a premier skin for Brainiac in Injustice 2

Saturn Girl is also the best character from Titan coughThanoscough