ITT: best lines from blade runner 2049

ITT: best lines from blade runner 2049

>"before we even know what we are, we're afraid to lose it"
said by wallace after welcoming the new replicant

INTERLINKED

GOD
DAMN IT

>"Finally I've become Blade Runner 2049"

what about an actual thread? one of the best movies in a long time and all you can do is metaphorically screech in an autistic manner

>ive never seen a tree before...it's pretty
>...it's dead...

>nigger

spoken by dekards dog

>after all these years, finally I have ....become blade runner 2049

would have been banal anywhere else but thanks to the cinematography, blaring music and mood it felt amazing- I cried

>the drinks are... on the... house

>Deckard: I had your job once
>Deckard: Was good at it
>K: Things were simpler then
>K: Now it's a bit more complicated to be a...
>(Camera cuts to a shot of K and Deckard standing in the middle of the room, side by side, staring at the camera
>K and Deckard: BLADE RUNNER 2049
>(Vangelis Drum sound, cut to black, credits roll)

This I waited for a bluray release and I am glad I did, pure kino, the best film I have seen in years.

>""...and your other blade runner 2049"
KINO

>You don't have children, do you?
>I have... millions.

funny because BR 2049 actually has a "give up your gun and badge" scene

>You look like a good Joe.

jesus christ that line alone destroyed my soul

What were the black little hovering robots blind man had buzzing around for?

>The World is built in a wall that separates kind. Tell either side there's no wall, you've bought a war. Or a slaughter.

History of mankind summarized in one single quote. Kudos to the writers.

are you serious

I thought it was a really lame movie trailer exposition line. I also disliked the shoehorned MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN line by mackensie davis

Sorry this was my favorite movie of 2017 but I feel like it's just not super dialogue heavy or quotable, for me the most memorable moments were when k was reflecting quietly while you could see the emotion on his face

Yes

Consider suicide

Was gosling intentionally channelling the sneezing panda in this scene

I am not baiting I promise I have autism and really didn't get what they were for were they his eyes because he was blind?

>"let me see you"
>robots fly in
>attaches a chip to his head
>stops autistically touching the subject and seemingly "watches" her

That's stupid he could just have eye transplants or robot eyes.

>limiting your vision to human standards

I think having 5 flying eyeballs would be way better than two fixed on your skull

How can he see out of five eyeballs at once, human brain only has 2 optical nerves.

Because he's not a human, and there's no reason to assume he's using his optical nerves to see through the robots.

How else does he see then?

>bladerunner
>makes androids with seemingly super human abilities
>guy with floating robo eyes and brain seamlessly connecting to data chips
BUT WE ONLY HAVE TWO OPTIC NERVES
lol

By using the chip that he attaches to his skull which creates a bridge between his minds eye and what the robots see

This movie would be so much better if they cast someone else other than Gosling and Leto

>you don't like real girls
It's like she was talking to me

find it funny that by the time we are able to construct androids that are almost indistinguishable from humans, we still cant give them working artificial wombs. suppose its meant to be about the 'magic' of procreation.

but muh real human bean

Gosling was great Letos role was so minimal it barely mattered

Who would they have cast?

But Gosling was perfect for the role of K? Who would you think would fit the role better?

fair enough

>you dont have children do you?
>i have bajillions

She's so perfect lads.

The interlinked scene is really brilliant, a scene written like that is something I would never expect a blockbuster film to have.

Why do they make Deckard out as a romantic

He fucking rapes the woman in the original blade runner after finding out she wasn't a human

>"I'm a Blade Runner. 2049 confirmed kills"

All of Leto's lines were trash and this movie was terrible compared to the original

no. it was better than the original

probably would've been hampton fancher's work

>wallace: why so serious, dickerd?
>dickard: because im old
>wallace: thats if you are a human that is i mean er yea if you were..... DESIGNED?!?!?
>dickerd: what are you trying to say?? that im a replicant??
>wallace: IM TRYING TO SAY THAT I NEED BABY REPLICANTS FOR REASONS
>dickerd: SHE HAD GREEN EYES

Vangelis > Zimmer's understudy
Roy > Luv
Rachel > Joi
2019 LA > 2049 LA

>"You're so sure. Because he told you. Because we never lie. I'm going to tell Mr. Wallace you tried to shoot me first. So I had to kill you."

I've rewatched the scene on youtube over and over again, and Sylvia Hoeks' and Robin Wrights' deliveries are incredible, especially Sylvia. Luv's so manic. If you aren't looking close, you can see her shedding a single tear after the line as she stares down Joshi.

>Roy > Luv
the idea that you think they are at all opposed or comparable is hilarious
Roy = K is clearly the continuum

this line was bretty gud

>Rachel > Joi

here's your (You)

they are the antagonists

Roy kills Tirrell and saves Deckard. Roy is the hero of the story, it just isn't told from his perspective.

worst line ever

roy isn't a hero or a villain, he's just a manufactured man trying to survive

So clearly not fulfilling the same role as Joi, and actually fulfilling the same role as K, his 2049 counterpart.

How is it shoehorned?

K > Deckard
K and Joi romance > Deckard and Rachel romance
Joi > Rachel
BR2049 sound design > BR sound design

was this anybody else's favorite part of the movie? Fucking incredible sound design in it, the blaring loudness cutting in and out and reverberating the entire hall.

Loved it.

Gosling was perfect. He was basically Lars and the Real girl 2049, and it was kino.

DELET THIS NOW

Agreed, was totally overwhelming in the cinema

Women like rape if it's the right guy doing it.

The glitching is executed extremely well, not the usual hollywood "slow down then speed up" glitch gimmick. Same for the "K-K-K? K-K-K-KK?" scene with Joi glitching, it looks like an actual program malfunctioning

Aww little redditor thinks people take his flick taste seriously

what about his other gun, deckard's one

reddit likes and cirlejerks over the original even more

Yeah it was incredibly well done. Joi glitching out was simple yet totally believable

in the original movie there is a 5 minute scene were a weird bitch wearing makeup did back flips. that alone disqualifies it from being better than 2049.

I agree the first was boring, slow, and ugly.

doesn't matter, he's the antagonist throughout the movie, and a much better one than Luv.

Dying for the right cause is the most human thing we can do.

sounds like a line from the front page of reddit that's been gilded 10 times

This is a blinkered and incorrect assessment of their roles but ok

embarrassing. Reddit Runner 2049 has done more harm to this board than any flick of the last couple years

imagine having this opinion unironically

oh no, how ever will we save Sup Forums

Is the name K. a - dare I say it here - kafka reference? more specifically to the trial

>named K and Joe
>Joe K ->Joseph K.
K A F K A E S Q U E

>reddit runner 2049

This poster has a cool tagline.

ur ri8t m8 we shud git back to blacked, cunny and bane posting asap and double the efforts!!11

not to mention some of those flying eyes see in different spectrums like ultra violent infrared and x ray

i wonder what these say

Phillip K Dick

christ you guys are retarded

>"BAD DOG!"

>his mind's eye
Nice way to put it.

Luv: You tiny thing. In the face of the fabulous new your only thought is to kill it? For fear of great change? You can't hold the tide with a broom.

Lt. Joshi: Except that I did.

my boy Jake

Roy is an edgy anti hero, Deckard a reluctant Villain.
BR is the story of their redemption and (re)discovery of their humanity, told from the perspective of the villain.

>Why? Who am I to?

That line is essentially the theme of whole movie.