What went wrong

What went wrong

it didn't know whether it should be a horror or an action flick.

Prometheus showed so much potential though

it did but they didn't really follow up on that and instead just put it in passing in covenant.

Nothing. I enjoyed it.

Ridley "Hack" Scott.

I actually like it more than Prometheus desu

nothing. But ditching the alien completely would have made for an even more interesting movie.

Prometheys and Covenant were excellent- I haven't seen non-brainlet criticism yet

too much alien catholic imagery
not enough
xenu scientology imagery

It was okay, but after Prometheus went very risky with the format and even did the sin of making the Alien barely a thing and then more or less flopped. They went way too safe with this one and the alien was the weakest element of the movie.

David is such an interesting character, he was one of the only good things about covenant

Explain? Prometheus was a unique, thought provoking scifi. Covenant felt like a B monster flick

why is then the egg-facehugger-human combo called the perfection and not the one which reproduces/infects with pollen?

which is weird because it should have been a though provoking piece on the nature of man vs artificial intelligence but you know fuck that
>muh aylmaos
>muh evil android

>Sup Forums now likes prometheus
The contrarianism here is of the charts
Prometheus was shit, fuck Elizabeth and her space axe

Prometheus was an interesting concept, but not done well. I enjoyed it at the time despite wishing it was more.

should've been at the mountains of madness in space, which is what it started out as, and then got progressively stupider

Maybe because the combo you mentioned results in a xenomorph which possess features from the host, and the pollen only gives the white neomorph the movie showed us ?

If only we had more information about what really happened - the lack of fauna, the disparition of the engineer civilization (it's a fucking PLANET, they must be other cities) for exemple- I know i would have really enjoyed the movie.

Apart from that, I kinda liked the first half, but right after the first xeno attack it don't see any redeeming qualities.

I have to disagree, it was an original, smart, well paced movie. The only really bad thing I can think of is how retarded all the characters acted. I guess Scott didn't listen to any of the criticism Prometheus got though, since covenant characters were even more retarded

explaining how the alien came to be

WEST VIRGINIA

>explaining how the alien came to be
Wrong, the Alien eggs in the original movie are thousands of years older than David's versions.

Not enough Walter

Prometheus was full of retarded shit, but covenant managed to top it. They need to retire Ridley Scott.

I think the problem is just letting him write the script, he's great at making it suspenseful and the art looks great but the script always suck with retarded characters, shit like david making the xenomorph, showing the engineer homeplanet and what not. The beginning of both movies is good but then it goes to shit because of the script.