So apparently these two are set in the same universe. Were you guys planning on telling me this?

So apparently these two are set in the same universe. Were you guys planning on telling me this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/K98RxwToCjI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pic related

If you're going to make a headcannon thread, at least tell us your garbage theory.

>inb4 ripley is a replicant

By that logic Predator is set in the same universe.

That's actually pretty obvious now that you think about it
>same director
>both deals with "replicants" or whatever you call it
>many similar technology or overall look/architecture.

After Sapper Morton bombs Wallace into the reactor replicant production ends and eventually they all disappear. 50 years later Yutani rediscovered the technology and builds David to join the Prometheus in the pursuit of new planets to inhabit which everyone also forgot about after 2049

mother is joi and ash is Roy batty remade

Holy shit, Bladerunner takes place in MegaCity 1

it's true, they are but it doesn't really matter storywise. they're thematically and stylistically 2 different pieces

And this obviously suggests Tyrell. Also Ridley states in a commentary :

"So almost this world could easily be the city that supports the crew that go out in Alien. So, in other words, when the crew of Alien come back in, they might go into this place and go into a bar off the street near where Deckard lives. That’s how I thought about it."
I think this more than just head canon.

D-Does that include all of Fincher's movies?

it's actually an interesting theory that doesn't negatively influence either movie

bladerunner is more interesting with a glimpse into the space/colonies aspect of its world
alien is more interesting with a glimpse into the cyberpunk world of earth which ripley narrowly saves from alien infestation

and the movie Soldier with Kurt Russel

Yes? That's exactly the logic. Why would I dismiss that?

In Xmen world

and this

How the fuck does that connetc to anything in any of the mvoies? are you fucking retard?

So both Ash and Bishop are early Nexus models?

No, they are Weyland made, you dumb fuck.

And Die Hard, Predator, and Commando. The fictional country of Val Verde, a stand-in for any number of politically compromised Latin American states which is referenced in Die Hard 2, is a location in Commando, and is the location of the jungle in Predator.

It's Ridley just having a bit of fun and making an vague allusion to Tyrell, it's nothing. It's less than a cameo but he knew it'd make nerds get all excited.

A cinematic universe done right

Then why was their no Weyland products in Blade Runner? Besides Prometheus contradicts the Blade Runner world because Earth doesn't seem to be scorched at all, genius.

Are you considering the time line?

i wish

No, they're the Weyoun models of the same concept. Which is why they have milk instead of blood: Wallace has patents on the more human models

Officially, they're just easter eggs due to Scott directing both.

It's fun to pretend they're connected for a bit but really they should and have to stand apart.

Imagining they're the same universe compromises the story of both: for Blade Runner, knowing the future relieves some of the tension and mystery; for Alien, the possibility of replicants usurps the long running plot of having androids marveling at life.

Just let them be separate.

is that by Ridley Scott or has replicants?

Movie Easter eggs have now been ruined forever by faggots like op who take "canon" and "lore" seriously.

Oh yeah because radiation just suddenly disappears in just few years. They don't belong in the same universe, it's Ridley Scott that just reused some of the props from Alien.

I bet you all didn't know this but LOTR and Eragon are the same universe, Eragon having taken place 10k years later in the unknown lands. You think I'm shitting you but it's true, even if Tolkien isn't here, Chris made it canon in his own literary works. Not only this, Eragon's universe is also accessible through a star gate. Fucking wew

Alien vs Predator vs Replicant 12 sequels soon

Tolkin's stories contradict this, the world of Middle Earth is losing magic and dying because a goddess' song got mansplained by a god. She had a hissy fit and burned it all down.

Chris just rewrote Star Wars into Tolkien settings.
I loved the books as teenager.

I think what ultimately matters most is the evidence and facts. You have to take away your emotion from all this because in the end it does not affect the end result.
>just turn your brain off bro

Which is why magic is very limited even to elves in Eragon. It becomes a sporadic force and energy has to be used just to access magical usage.

The Guest and the VHS series take place in the same universe.

>just turn your brain off bro
That's what you're doing, cunt. Rather than discussing the themes and ideas presented you obsess over reused props and jokes actors make in promotional interviews.

Magic was less than that in LotR though, only literal demi-gods could use it.

You get clear evidence that suggests canon and a literal fucking statement from the same director and you still refuse to believe it?
How thick is your skull?

mmmm me gusta

Hahahaha. Doofus.

Blacked mirror is same universe
youtu.be/K98RxwToCjI

Soldier has a deleted scene showing the Tannhauser Gate battle. Not 100% canon (because deleted scene duh), but a lot more canon than the Alien easter eggs.

strong premise

HYPERCRISIS

OI M8 WOT IF COMIC BOOKS BUT NOT FOR KIDS

but the androids in each setting are nothing alike

wait are replicants robots? i thought they were genetically engineered

replicants are lab grown humans
androids are gooey robots

gooey robots filled with milk and weird balls

Tomorrow probably or next week. I don’t know and I don’t care.

They are set 100 years apart from each other so it doesen't really matter wether they're in the same universe or not

Replicants are Tyrell
Androids are Weyland

First shot in Alien Covenant.

>Tyrell corp, (BR) -> Wallace corp, (BR2049) -> ... -> Weyland corp (Alien)

this is just headcanon now, but is there any timegraph/history about the companies in the two movie?

Go on.

actually no

because that's not the ridleyverse

no because aliens has nothing close to replicants.

it has androids which are a lower tier of replicants

weyland is about space exploration and puts less effort into creating articifical humanoids

tyrell focuses efforts on Earth and established colonies, and in creating more realistic androids

the poetry it rhymes

What a shitty name, valverde is a surname and goes together
If anything ot should be Valle Verde meaning green valley

Doesn't he say that I the director commentary?
He wrote them, a lot of writers make there shit the same universe.

Settle down, pablo.

>Male (Natural)
kek memes are eternal