Hey Sup Forums, first time posting here. Recently I've started to become interested in older TV shows...

Hey Sup Forums, first time posting here. Recently I've started to become interested in older TV shows, for example recently I've started watching The Prisoner and am enjoying it quite a bit.

I was wondering what other good old shows there are? I'm sure there are quite a lot but outside of comedies it's proven hard to find anything that stands out with shining recommendation. I thought this might be the place to go, so I hope someone can help.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8CvURidpkCY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Combat!

The Twilight Zone.
Also The Avengers is comfy, especially the Emma Peel years.

MASH and pic related.

the reimagined newer miniseries was pretty much godtier

You pretty much hit the mother lode with The Prisoner. You'll not find anything else anywhere near as good.

Other than what's been mentioned you could check out Twin Peaks.

I know everyone's going to trot out the usual stuff, as they have, so I'll go for some lesser known (these days) stuff.

>The Fixer
>The Saint
>It Ain't Half Hot Mum
>Tour of Duty

Twilight Zone original series

Monty Python series one and two (still fresh)

How was the original Wild Wild West?

There's a few old BBC shows that are well worth a watch and are short so your don't get bogged down in them.
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
I, Claudius
House of Cards
The Good Life is okay for some light comedy.
I'm at a point where I'm only consuming media from before the 80s, where the propaganda is limited to "Why don't we not nuke each other" or "destroying the planet is baaad."

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy made a lot more sense in the BBC adaptation than the (comparatively) recent movie. The other BBC John le Carre adaptation with Alec Guiness was also quite good.

good. it's like a james bond tv series in the wild west.

man from u.n.c.l.e. is pretty good.

Smiley's people. They also more recently did radio adaptations of a lot of le Carres novels, which were great.

Thanks for the input so far guys, stuff like Twilight Zone and Twin Peaks have been on my radar for a while but there's some stuff I'd not heard of being thrown around here, really appreciate it all.

My fucking nigger, and I do mean my fucking nigger you are in for such an amazing treat. Patrick McGoohan truly a genius for what his mind cooked up in that series. Hes one of those actors also that I just wish took off more, his performance in Braveheart as Edward the Longshanks only shows he got better with age.

Columbo

Was MASH actually any good? It's a TV show I remember seeing on as a kid and the theme song is something I remember. My parents talked about it sometimes too, but I've never actually given it a go.

Yeah torrent the entire series but get the one without the laugh track, its much better that way.

UFO is ok.
Some episodes are great and some are meh.
youtube.com/watch?v=8CvURidpkCY
The soundtrack is fucking amazing.
Nice

Once you're done with The Prisoner, you could watch Danger Man. Basically Patrick McGoohan as James Bond in a weekly show format.

I've only seen random episodes, as it is repeated all the time, but I don't really think so. The Altman film is enjoyable though.

The Outer Limits
Shogun
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

Nah, television as a whole reached a peak with The Prisoner it never managed to live up to again. I legitimitely thing it's the best series ever made.

Came here to post a couple of these. Ratings, lad.

>tfw the BBC miniseriesa adaptation of Dostoyevsky's Posessed is gone from the face of the earth and only seems to exist in some NYC film archive where they screen old things from time to time