Are we doing this again this year or is that dead now

Are we doing this again this year or is that dead now

Other urls found in this thread:

erinptah.com/catperson/comic/sketches-1/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/92215676/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We can never have fun again

Yeah, we are. I'll make sure of it.

I don't want to do the exact same comics though, that would be boring.

Some of these comics have been consistently posted for almost a decade, either nobody is bored of them or nobody can think of newer shit.

Throw in Avengers: The Crossing this year.
That'd be pretty awesome to see. Maybe Spider-Man: Chapter One by Byrne, too.
And there's a hell of a lot of modern stuff that makes the cut that could be interspersed into a weekend of storytimes.

We have newer stuff like Civil War II and America. Not doing The Crossing was a crime.

There's also Earth 2: World's End but that shit is loooooooong

I still say run some into mosaic maker to make images that simultaneous story time pages from multiple comics. Image reading Trouble and Unfunnies at the same time.

Would Squirrel Girl work for this or is that just mediocre?

Is Civil War really as bad as all that?

I'll do it like any other year if I can, and like always I need DC books to storytime. Tired of doing Act of God and Created Equal (as hilarious as they are). Planning to do Earth 2: World's End

Yes, I've got something ready.

When is comic con weekend this year? That's when we always do it.

Also, last year was fun, but the image we got wasn't as good.

>When is comic con weekend this year? That's when we always do it.

Never mind, I forgot I already looked it up and made a promo image for this year like I did last year.

>mfw I did 2 years
>mfw I technically started it all

>pheonix

>mfw I was in the first thread and saw when people said to just call it the storytime weekend of pain
>mfw I was the one who made all the promo images leading up to year two and reminded people about it

It was the Max Pheonix.

I'm surprised by the lack of Chuck Austen X-Men.

You can only do so much in a single weekend.

Only the art is trash, the story is alright.
There's worse stuff out there.

I did CW/Frontlines last year, and I'm currently considering what to do this year.

Should it be kept a surprise, or should it be planned out? I like the notion of a horrible, horrible potluck.

Well I mean there's always room for the classics. There are always new users on the board every year.

> comic books only
No wonder you've become jaded.
erinptah.com/catperson/comic/sketches-1/

This is pain. And unlike Kit & Kay Boodle you can storytime it without going to /aco/.

>comic books only

This is Sup Forums user. It's kind of our thing if you didn't know.

This is Sup Forums user, we discuss webcomics too if you didn't know.

Someone needs to do Batman Odyssey

Holy shit what a treat that'd be

this but only as the last thing since it's more mindfuck than punishment and will be appreciated better

That's more insanity than pain though

Odyssey isn't a storytime of pain. It's a national treasure.

Civil War II was bad, but I don't know if it's SoP levels of bad. America is going to be a SoP classic though, I can tell.

Again, I disagree. The problem with Civil War was what it inspired, not the event itself. Compared to a lot of other stuff on the list, it's just a sub-par Marvel event. It's certainly better than Civil War II, I can say that much.

Death of the Family was another story that was too good for SoP status. Again, it's miles better than Civil War or Civil War II, partially BECAUSE it didn't really mean anything in the long run.

Then hooo boy, does /doag/ have some story arcs they'd love to do. Everyone kinda knows about the Toedad arc, but we've since had Mary vs. Carla and the return of Rapin' Ryan. Also, the recent arc with Leslie and Robin also probably counts.

Yeah, the art is really good, as batshit as the story is. Maybe someone could do it either early on as a warmup or at the end as a pallet cleanser?

> palate cleanser
This. Something to make people regain hope in comic books.

>art is really good
I can't agree nor disagree. I really don't know what to classify BO as in terms of art. It's very detailed, but almost absurd

>/doag/
> talking and snarling with occasional violence
It's mediocre and mildly autistic. You want pain, not irritation.

> Jack
> Boston and Shaun
> Role Playing Gamer Comic

Like putting two pages of a comic into one image?

Or taking two comics and making page 1 of each one image storytiming side by side?
I can't think of any pair of comics that would work well storytimed paired.

>reading Trouble and Unfunnies at the same time
don't do this
it makes mustard gas

Is Lightbringer on the list?

You know the unholy trinity has been done so many times a thread where every image is a page from each could be different enough for good interest. And kill anyone that hasn't developed a resistance.

Someone should find a way to do the entire trinity at once.

We're pretty much dead at this point

It's Unfunnies, Trouble and I always forget the third.

Marville, isn't it?

It's really rare for there to be an Unfunnies storytime. I would argue that only a handful of us have built up a resistance.

Isn't it Nemesis?

Nemesis?
Marville isn't a Millar book

So every page would be like this? Except done by someone who actually knows how to combine images.

I stand corrected.

I'm not sure if anyone will do them again, but so far the books that get posted every year are:
>Nemesis
>Ultimatum
>Trouble
>Girls
>Marville
>JLA: Act of God
>Unfunnies
>Our Love is Real
>US War Machine 2.0

I know most of them will return, but IDK what will eventually become tradition. Also, I want to find the user who dug up War Machine 2.0 and choke him. That comic is hands down the WORST thing ever storytimed on this board and it was forgotten and unknown until the first weekend of pain.

If we do webcomics, how about a collection of worst moments instead of a storytime? Some doag, some LICD, some Sinfest, some Dobson. A top ten of the worst the net has to offer.

I don't know, user, I really want to see another How I Became Yours storytime, they're always hilarious

I'm starting to feel like America (the Marvel one) will go down on history as the 4th holy abortion of the SoP week.

That's amazing

Good work user

Last year already had Sonichu and Bleedman.
Also, I'm planing to to again since it cause a good amount of reactions the first time I posted it.

I really should make more promo images or ask /wrs/ to do it like last year. There's almost 2 whole months to get ready.

I vote Spiderman:OMD be in the storytime of pain. In honor of it's ten year anniversary since Spiderman comics became garbage.

Eh, I'll post the other promo images from last year while I'm at it.

No voting or requesting.

Take what is given or do it yourself. It's best we don't plan out too much and spoil all the surprises.

And that's everything I made

seeing the reaction of those reading for the first time is almost the only reason for doing this

That's way above average for storytime of pain

We need a shot with that bear being punched from "Girls."
I read Girls for the first time a few weeks ago, and my god it was an experience

I see. So a typical page from a triple threat trinity storyitme would look like this.

That doesn't look too bad for something I threw together in paint without any real software. If someone put in the prep work, I think they could do it fine and save a third of the time storytiming on the actual weekend.

If someone's going to do this, they better get on it.
It's less than 2 months till show time.

Hey, I liked humphries X force... Oh wait, the one I liked was uncanny X force by Hopeless.

We could storytime hellcat

It really depends on the total page count, not to mention the case of doublepage spreads.

There's one thing I liked about chuck Austen X men, it was funny as hell

>And I looked, and suddenly there was a pale horse, and he who sat on it, his name was Death. Hell followed with him

I would suggest special double spread pages get their own image by themselves for convenience.
As for different lengths, that could definitely work in the favor of a fun thread. Like successfully taking down one of a triple threat, only 2 more left! we can do this!

I've never read Fraction's X-Men. What is so wrong with it?

> Trouble
> Ultimates 3
> Ultimatum
> America
> Identity Crisis
> Ultimate Adventure
> One More Day

You are monster. A beautiful, terrible monster.
Just one page and I can already feel the warp overtaking me.

Hahaha Don't be silly. There's no way you could combine pages from several comics into one. The file size limits would make all the pictures loo-
Oh fuck, the mad man. What have you done? I gaze on the three headed hellhound Cerberus.

Greg Land, mostly. Also, your typical Fagtionisms

America better be included, it's by far one of the worst comics I've read recently.

What's wrong with Our Love is Real? I get the concept is all kinds of fucked up but that's kind of the intention.

A Story Time of Pain implies it's almost painful to read. Batman Odyssey is too batshit insane to not be at least a little bit enjoyable.

Honestly, I was kind of drawing a blank of what to run that weekend since Austen's X-Men either seemed to obvious or had already been done (can't remember). Looking back, I should have storytimed a certain Wolverine comic instead.

Also, I'm sorry about the huge hiatus, my life is a terrible mess right now

DEATH
OF THE
NEW GODS

Yeah, it strikes me as kind of a comedy book.

What is this? am newfag

Lurk moar... Just kidding this ain't Sup Forums...
Basically the fine folk at Sup Forums take this weekend to storytime the most horrifying Comics in history, for reasons unknown

Note: this user didn't mean "horrifying" as in "horror comics"
We couldn't be that lucky.

To be completely honest I did the first SoP Weekend in 2015 because DC didn't announce a Harley & Ivy book

>the most horrifying Comics

such as?

Secret Wars II
Countdown

Clone Saga
Maximum Carnage
Zero Hour (Fuck Hypertime)
Archie vs Punisher

Read the image That's what we had last year.

I gotta agree, to the point of admiting I actually liked it. It's clearly a satirical short.

Am I the only one who thinks Darkseid War is shit?

Archie VS Punisher is great, man.

I'm ready

People here on Sup Forums hate that, and most of the Johns JL as well.
I haven't read it yet

I fucking forgot about this shit fuck you for reminding me it exists

The entire year of countdown was some of the most horrific shit to ever happen to comics.

The only parts I liked were the first 4 issues before it was revealed to have no payoff, and the GL and Shazam oneshots (which like the rest are ignored in the main book/have no impact).

There's too much to do for that, but at least DotNG is only 8 issues.

Image unrelated, but has to be incorporated someone into this storytime stuff.

Its absolute shit. If you've seen the famous cover than you get the one and only note/joke of the book and that is repeated non-fucking-stop. Its quickly tires and becomes ass.

oh my fucking lord this a cursed book.

Here's the last storytime of it (a month ago):
desuarchive.org/co/thread/92215676/

I know, it was my first time.

Just sotrytime Homestuck and we'll all kill ourselves

or one of the MLP comix

that'll really actiavate everyones almonds

I think that JoJo ripoff NEEDS to be in it. You know, the one where they don't even try to hide it?