'Star Wars 8' Is About To Get Clobbered By A Low-Budget Chinese Romantic Comedy

What did the Chinese mean by this?

forbes.com/sites/robcain/2018/01/04/star-wars-8-is-about-to-get-clobbered-by-a-low-budget-chinese-romantic-comedy/#996e38a60b6f

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/intl/china/
forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/01/05/box-office-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-bombing-in-china-but-thats-okay/?partner=yahootix&yptr=yahoo#3ada8b1c6ec9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sweet, I'm hoping this means that we're getting out of the era of casting random token Chink actors for the sake of pandering to those soulless dog boilers.

Thing with star wars is it's only doing well because of brand recognition
Star wars as a brand doesn't exist in China
So basically the movie has to stand on its own merits there
And as we are seeing ,it doesnt really hold up on its own.

It's almost as if asian like asian movies more than badly dubbed/subbed Hollywood shit. Shocking.
Don't worry Disney, Japan gobbles that shit up, unlike China.
Also, Disney can't force based chinamen into a minimum number of theatres showing the movies because they have to have a certain percentage of local movies compared to foereign ones (like most countries have, actually).

I've seen some suggestions that it will do $35 million in China *total*.

Dude I can literally just Google it
boxofficemojo.com/intl/china/
China does like foreign films
Tlj is just a bad movie.

Why did people hate her? She was literally perfect and great. She saved the horse things and saved Finn. She's a fucking hero.

>Relying on a tiny ass asian island where pic related became famous over a country larger than the US
Ok.

>Star wars as a brand doesn't exist in China
Somewhat true. There was a western movie blackout until the late eighties so they have little nostalgia factor with star wars.

You know we might need Star Wars to get really crappy before it can get better.

so basically, Star Wars needs to go the route of sanic?

You realize it could starts a nuclera war user ?
How do you think kim jong un will react when he sees himself depicted as a woman in a burger movie ?

>Non chink asian in prominent role
The movie could have been pure gold and they'd hate it. Actually quality is irrelevant to China.

Everyone needs to come and hate it before it'll get fixed.

Star Wars is bombing in China (but that's okay). They are trying really hard to show that Last Jedi is just doing incredible!

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/01/05/box-office-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-bombing-in-china-but-thats-okay/?partner=yahootix&yptr=yahoo#3ada8b1c6ec9

Star Wars is not popular in China.

>have your asian hire be a fat fuck who does stupid shit in your movie
yeah, i wonder why its gonna tank

that "low budget romantic comedy" is pure kino

Scott Mendelson is top Disney shill

I'VE BECOME SO NUMB

This. How they talked about it sound slike butthurt, because it's not just a low-budget romantic comedy. The budget is not that small for them and it's a lot more than just muh romance.

That is pretty obvious.

fast 8 or whatever it's called was the number 1 movie of 2017 in China

>third and final entry of the mega popular Ex-File series
>a low budget chinese romantic comedy

pick one

>The Ex-File: The Return of the Exes
>Pure kino
Fuck off. They have even worse taste than American audiences.

Asia likes Slice of Life movies. They don't care about American propaganda movies.

It wasn't. In mainland china, sure, but not in overall china. Mainland china is pleb central.

This is the third Star Wars movie in 3 years to not crack the Chinese market. Force Awakens did less than 150 million, Rogue One less than 80 million and this one might not even hit 50 million.

If I invested in Disney I'd be screaming bloody murder that they can't get the movies over. Imagine how much money they spent advertising this movie in China and then realize they're not even getting 25 people a screening and are losing to local romcom called Ex Files 3.

Her whole arc didn't need to be there and by being there she ruined Finn's.

You obviously never saw it.

1 Wolf Warrior 2 $854,248,869
2 The Fate of the Furious $392,807,017

Places like China, Korea, Japan love it when Hollywood casts attractive actors for American movies. That's what they go to watch. When you have niggers and butt ugly jews forced into their for the sake of diversity, they won't want to watch it.

American studios need to stop looking at China as their market and just start thinking of them as a bonus. Trying to please one side ruins it for the other. Our cultures do not really like the same shit.

And Rob Cain is a contrarian memer and a shill for the Chinese studio system

It evens out

I would never watch garbage popular in China.
If you make a real film there you get sent to prison for 6 years or banned from directing.

Were the prequel trilogy this bad in Asia?

Asia is a weird place. When TFA came out here I went on opening night and there were probably a dozen or so people in the theatre, tops. 90% empty.

They cast one Vietnamese actress in this one and it was sold out and has been every night over two weeks after release. I finally saw it on Monday and the place was still packed.

For both TFA and TLJ they had to shrink down the size of Finn's character on the poster or else they know people won't go see it.

If I was in China would I want to see a movie with an ugly cast and American politic propaganda or go see a lighthearted romantic comedy?

Didn't the Chinese like seeing Kylo kill his dad?

Oops forgot to say 'here' is Vietnam. Also the reason it's bombing hard in China to an even worse degree is because there is a central character who is Vietnamese. None of my friends in Hong Kong would go see it purely because it has a Vietnamese actress in it.

Hollywood really underestimates how intensely racist Asia is.

Nah. Go look it up, it was Wolf Warrior 2.
wiki is shit when it comes to these things, use box office mojo or whatever instead.

How will Black Panther do?

Notin' He dindu notin' WE WUZN'T EVEN THERE OFFICER!

did you shop this to make her fatter?

lol might as well show another movie

This guy is fucking insufferable

Disney tries to force feed caricatures to the Chinese market and they’re not interested in the pandering.

The Phantom Menace made $4,100,273 in China
Attack of the Clones made $5,488,408 in China
Revenge of the Sith made $9,128,645 in China
These numbers are from boxofficemojo, I don't know if they adjust for inflation or not. However, you can see the trend, each movie making more than the last
The Force Awakens did better then the prequels, making $124,159,138 in China. Rogue One made about $31 million, and The Last Jedi completely flopped

dogs are pretty tasty, like a savory duck. try it some time.

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

its like how you say HOT DOG

I dont know, probably that it should be released her in the states so I dont have to watch hollyjew shit anymore.

China kino when?!?!

People seem to be looking forward to that one, it'll probably do fine

>'Star Wars 8' Is About To Get Clobbered By A Low-Budget Chinese Romantic Comedy
>(But That's Okay)

I will, just kill the poor creature first.

Chinks are pretty tasty, like a savory dog, Try it sometime.

Thankfully the USA is a civilized nation that only eats actual farm animals. I can't wait till the dog boilers are gone from the earth.

>Scott Mendelson
Mouse shill of the highest order

>(((But That's Okay)))
Whew, for a moment there I almost panicked.

His avatar creeps me out.

>but That's Okay
>and That's Fine
>and It's Awesome
>and That's Amazing
>and It's Horrible
why do brainlets end all of their article titles with these?

I would be fucking surprised if it makes more money in Asia compared to Star Wars.

gavin mcinnes-era vice started in, gawker and buzzfeed cribbed it from them, now everybody does it because professional writers are hacks

A bladder insertion isn't an augmentation.
I've already muted your reprehension basted armaments. Grimy something nice.