Western animation is dead

Western animation is dead...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LYs_GCy9PRk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nah, shit comes out on a regular basis.
Here's a cartoon starring spics and a rubik cube
youtube.com/watch?v=LYs_GCy9PRk

Yeah I get the fact that Western animation has made a bunch of stinkers like that glorified rubix cube commercial you posted. But you have to admit that The Emoji Movie is a whole new low.

i'll take a bad rip-off of wreck it ralph and inside out over a weird magical talking rubix cube

Western animation is saved.

>whole new low
Nah, An ongoing series about a rubix cube is ten times worse. Just except that shitty cartoons and ideas have been a thing since the beginning.

Who says you have to pick one? How about neither? Also, the difference is that Sony is marketing the living shit out of this so every jackoff parent in America is gonna take their kids to see it despite how trash it is, ensuring even worse shit gets made. That Rubix cube show you posted was most likely cancelled after a few episodes.

It will suck.

i'm not the one who posted the rubix cube cartoon, i'm just saying the emoji movie looks miles better in comparison.

fuck off it will be amazing

The only thing that sucks about it so far is the voices. Stop being a bitter faggot. I bet you're a fucking nostalgiafag

It's no Clutch Cargo

Popeye didn't need to die for Rubix to live, though.

>The piece of shit is an indian

Oh, its doing just fine, as long as you're content with capeshit or wannabe anime.

He's played by a Sir Patrick Stewart

>tfw it gets an Oscar nod
>don't you say it won't happen, that stupid Trolls film got a nomination even though it wasn't for Best Animated Feature

>Oscars hear complaints about how badly they treat animated films
>Decide the solution is to nominate every major animated movie that comes out
>Mfw this could actually be a contender for Best Animated Feature

B-but Sausage Party will save animation and lead to a new era of mature, adult animation! Y-YOU JUST HAVE TO BELIEVE!

no one outside of USA knows that
is kill dude

>there were entire threads of people fervently arguing that this would happen

For all of it's amazingly over-the-top and awesomely cheesy cartoons, there were some real pieces of shit released during the 80's, mainly because of the "cartoons to advertise toys" approach they had.
I mean, He-man was fine, Transformers was fine, TMNT was fine. But thenthere's shit like Rubik, Pound puppies, and Toxic Crusaders, which had no business being cartoons.

>people really believed this
>people actually defended the movie saying it would usher a new age of adult oriented cartoons, possibly opening the doors to sophisticated shows that don't rely solely on gross-out and sexual humor
>the movie where we see food stuffs having an orgy

AAHUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUH

I'm hype for it but Kevin Hart as always was a horrible choice.

That's the funniest part. We'd tell them that at best it'll just spawn more LOL WEED DUDE dick and fart joke movies but no, they insisted we'll get real and genuinely mature R-rated animation based on absolutely nothing. There was no reason to believe this would happen but we had dozens of people not only genuinely believing it would, but getting legit upset when you told them otherwise.

Now nobody will admit to having been one of those people.

People only believed that because Amid from CartoonBrew tried to push that narrative for fucking months. I'm pretty sure he was even paid to do it, because when the whole scandal of underpaid animators came about and they revealed themselves initially on CartoonBrew, Amid suddenly shut the fuck up and never mentioned Sausage Party except for once weeks later where he patted himself on the back for being in charge of the website that acted as a catalyst for the animators to share their stories.

He himself never made an article about those stories or tried to do any more journalistic probing on the matter, but hey, at least he mentioned that other, BIGGER websites like Variety linked back to CartoonBrew!

>People only believed that because Amid from CartoonBrew tried to push that narrative for fucking months
Well that explains it. I kept wondering how the fuck such a bizarre idea had gotten so much support.

L A T E
C A P I T A L I S M

Amid's such a fucking dick and I'm dissappointed that CartoonBrew is still the most popular cartoon "news" website.

Aren't there other options to get western animation news aside from scattered articles in general entertainment news sites? I don't like how the cartoon community has to be dependent on Amid's fucking blog.

This is as "late capitalism" as the 80's was.

This is going to end up being the underrated animated film of the year, isn't it?

Jerry Beck's website doesn't have as many "news" updates as much as it does interviews and history lessons and ToonZone is heavily scattered and sluggish with its reports.

Unfortunately, as far as news sites go, CartoonBrew is still the best when it comes to being on the ball with stuff (Even if they still forget to report a lot of key stuff, like how there's still no mention of Villainous or OK KO being greenlit there).

Still, Sup Forums is ten times faster than any other news site, so it's pretty easy to get by never going to those except for on a rare occasion.

You think you're fucking clever but I know you got that from Double Toasted

Yes it is. It looks pretty good for what it is, but I don't know how popular it still is.

Seems like they really wanted it to be true. So far, hard to say if it was or not, though.

nah it's just Creativity.

>So far, hard to say if it was or not, though.
Yeah it's pretty clear it's not. There's no sign it's even going to spawn any dick joke imitators. It was profitable but not exactly a mega-hit, which is what usually spawns imitators.

it's mostly just recycling a basic core idea over and over to see what works and what doesn't

Examples of recent "world within common thing" are inside out and wreck it ralph

If Fritz the Cat creator, Ralph Bakshi, why would people think Seth Rogan's weiner could?

I mean if ralph couldn't

Nope, it was Robot Chicken

I saw him being interviewed on Conan, and apparently he was super stocked to be offered the part.

yeah okay