For real, is there a scene as iconic, beautiful and memorable as this is recent history?

I find myself rewatching it a lot, and it hits me with the same feels every time. Seeing it in theatres was genuinely jaw-dropping.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4yU44Xk5fFI
youtube.com/watch?v=JbtswJzW4b0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can you guys stop overhyping this film.

You can't overhype something that most people have already seen

I dare you to name a better film in the last 5 years.

I loved it too. Luckily I'm married or it would have been very depressing to watch.

wow people are lonely, what a statement villememe

inb4 reddit but I thought Whiplash was amazing
hard to compare though as its much smaller in scale

I didn’t get to appreciate the kino of this scene, I was too busy staring at joi’s tits

It's quintessential cyberpunk scene. I think Denis failed to recreate or match the aesthetic and atmosphere of the original, but this scene really nailed the cyberpunk aesthetic.

He has his own style of directing like Ridley Scott has his own, but he captured the spirit of the first movie.

not really

Unironically this

youtube.com/watch?v=4yU44Xk5fFI

Hard to compare the two movies, but I also loved Whiplash. Was on the edge of my seat throughout the entire movie and literally shaking at the end of it from the intensity of it all.

>hits me in le feels
Is there a film more reddit in recent history?

>but he captured the spirit of the first movie
The spirit of the first movie is its aesthetics. This movie looks nothing like Bladerunner.

That website is too cucked to feel anything from this scene.

That harry dean stanton movie "Lucky". BR2049 strikes me as gritty capeshit

but the whole reason anyone gets feels from this scene is because theyve been cucked by someone or by life in general

Show me a single feminist pansy who understands the scene

I’m in a unique position that I really relate to it al lot. I do feel alone like this at times.

>youtube.com/watch?v=JbtswJzW4b0
Had goosebumps when watched this in cinema. Amazing film.

Baby driver

>Me watching this in the theater
Oh look it's the meme scene that I'm supposed to care about

i don't know any feminists

I think he took an aesthetic and atmosphere and modernized it, pushed it forward both within its own universe and for film as a medium.
It definitely feels like an advance over the original, like something half a century down the line in that world, and also that much modern and deliberate in presentation, thanks to my lord Mr. Deakins.

>Cynic: K is reminded that their love was never "unique" or "real"
>Optimist: K gets to see and hear Joi one last time, which gives him the courage to do the right thing and be the good man she believed him to be

It works either way

Plus...NUDITY!

>For real, is there a scene as iconic, beautiful and memorable as this is recent history?

>I find myself rewatching it a lot, and it hits me with the same feels every time. Seeing it in theatres was genuinely jaw-dropping.

Has there ever been a more dishonest scene? The church one from The Hunt comes to mind

They're both like being in a studio audience and the "please clap" sign/guy lights up indicating it's time to clap. Disgusting

Brainlets.

My first reaction was to say you're overrating the film, but then I realized the only two movies I can think of that could be better are both from 2008. [Spoiler] no country for old men and there will be blood [/spoiler]

So many goddamn cuts. I guess it's impossible to film something in a car otherwise.

Did this movie win tv poll for best movie of the year?

thats actually quite a conservative cut for a modern action movie

>I dare you to name a better film in the last 5 years.

>Movies are incredibly shit now so you're forced to like this one

nah

I haven't seen this movie, what made this scene so special?

Been trying to find this kino online anyone have any links?

Dunkirk