Endtown 2017-05-26

Place your bets, folks.

Other urls found in this thread:

gocomics.com/endtown
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Previous strip didn't get any discussion here. That's fine, from now on we'll only make threads on Friday.

And this is from the start of the week, just to cover it.

So tldr:
>Food shortage is bogus
>Grout is incompetent
>wolf is probably going to get fucked up by a crazy horse

Nice to know there was no reason at all for people to risk their lives foraging for food on the surface with a SIX YEAR FOOD SUPPLY.

You know, the six year food supply could have been because of the foraging

I bet in some moorder

There's no way stores hold that much food for what's effectively a small town around the area Endtown actually exists in, I'm not buying it for a second. I don't even believe the foraging crews could bring back enough food to feed everyone in Endtown for a single day as replacement either considering one team was Al, Hank (who got killed) and Gustine (Gustine being a large mutant who by her nature needs more food anyway which brings up more logistical issues with how much food is needed to feed Endtown in the first place with huge mutants) and then Allie, Leo, and Ed who were all small mutants that couldn't have brought more than six cases worth of food with them apiece.

Then you have the Topsider question and how many people died on the surface bringing this food to Endtown, which we have seen is not particularly small by its layout, and nothing really lines up quite right about this scenario.

>we'll only make threads on Friday.
I'm okey with this, the story is moving to slow for the moment.

>>wolf is probably going to get fucked up by a crazy horse
I sure hope so. I'm so sick of him, he completely deserves it.

Also, if Aaron is just going to throw Heather's character away like this then at least -something- good should come out of it.

>how many people died on the surface bringing this food to Endtown
More suicide missions=less mouths to feed. But seriously I'm sure food was always part of the savaging missions but things like the blasters were built using a security system from the cars before the world got blown up. There are plenty of things to scavenge besides food. It's just nice to have some in reserve.

>Grout is incompetent
Yet he has perfectly guessed what is going on with Heather's sanity. This thing is bothering so much but I guess it's better to just forget it and avoid another headache.

I'd agree if all we saw of scavenging missions were focused on scavenging other things aside food, but that's not the case. There's no focus on gathering medicines, toiletries, weapons, or even bold attacks on Topsiders to steal their tech in the years this strip has been out for. But all focus on scavenging missions has been about food and bringing food back.

It's just hard to argue against what is shown versus what we're told so the issue with the food and foraging is a little more morally fucked than it would be if there was a prescient danger of Endtown dropping under a level of food stores needed to keep from severe rationing, which would require teams of people to go to the surface and pick out food to hold the place over another day until some renewable resource of food is made or found.

I know it's not going to happen but everything is adding up to a slasher flick. We have the couple that can't stop fucking each other, the "nerd" girl, and a whole bunch of unlikable fuckers that you just want to see killed in interesting ways.

>Yet he has perfectly guessed what is going on with Heather's sanity.
He knows that she's been harassed for weeks, attacked with a ballpeen hammer a week or 2 prior, and her business has just been burned down. You don't have to have a doctorate in psychology to think her mental state is unstable.

I like how you consistently tell more interesting stories with the characters than Neathery does.

I started reading Endtown around the Milk trial. It didn't fully grab my attention when it was in the works and then my computer crapped out and lost my bookmarks, and I didn't get back into Endtown till unity , but looking back on it it was fantastic. I'm holding out hope that this will be the same. But not holding my breath too much

I like PA's stuff but I don't see how anyone could seriously think that. It's just gags. Maybe you mean the concepts? But he gets most of them from suggestions so it can't be consistently him anyway. The only constant is how funny and charming they are, which is also constantly thanks to him.

Thank you for the recap I keep missing these threads and just never bother to look once I see it's not in the catalog.

Grout is completely incompetent *and* complacent. I imagine it has more to do with the rats being more of the law enforcement than the cops were until the Milk trial, but the way he's handled Heather's predicament was fucking insulting.

But don't forget in the TL;DR: Dottie is written as a one dimensional ass hat and the wolves have been fucking stupid since this whole mess started.

If you make the time to check the catalog 3 times a week you can surely do the same with
gocomics.com/endtown .

now the subhumans will die

>"Yeah, that bitch is gonna' get it for hatin' us wolves!"
>"Didn't she get attacked with a hammer a few days ago-"
>"No fuck you! She's a wolf hater that means I have to go beat her up!"

>Another wolf is about to become another bloody log on the fire of Heather's race war inferno

Always bet on Hoss