When the Guardians use the mining laser to drill into the super hard rocks at the climax...

When the Guardians use the mining laser to drill into the super hard rocks at the climax, you'd think that rock would get pretty hot since they're melting or vaporizing their way in, yet minutes later they're just standing inside the hole they drilled and they aren't catching fire or anything.
I mean, what are we to believe, that this is a magic cold laser, or something?

SPACE laser. For all spacing needs.

concussive blasts

Anyone else think this movie was really bad? It was full of implausibilities and plot-holes. Not to mention the horrible tension ruining humor.

Shut the fuck up

why didn't yondu just pass his arrow through the same hole groot got in and made a slushie with ego's core?

Grant Morrison clearly has never met any children

Doesn't Alfred do it?

Presumably the rock was superconductive. It;s around Ego's brain after all, it may be part of his nervous system. Starlord's mask should tell him if it's safe to go into the tunnel, so in they went.

Yondu has to see where the arrow is to control it. That's why getting to the monitor room was so important.

>the horrible tension ruining humor
I'm not proud of it, but I accept your bait, sir.

The humor was fucking terrible, deal with it homo

Mate they had repair spray. Its basically space magic at this point

Your opinion is noted. That's all it is, though. Your opinion.

My love of dicks is not on trial here.

You said the humor ruined the tension, as if this were a super serious tension driven movie, and humor was an unwelcome guest.

Not everything you disagree with is bait. The movie did absolutely suffer from humor at wrong moments. Off the top of my head:

>Giant Pac-Man in climatic fight scene (and don't say just cuz they did a dance-off last movie it should be expected)
>Ego turning into Hasslehoff mid-speech after revealing he put a fucking tumor in Quill's mom

The movie needed to fucking chill

did you see some of the technology in this movie? they have magic space suits and magic repair spray

it's pulp sci-fi, if you don't like fine but I really don't know what you expected

The humor was a bit overdone but not ALL of it sucked. Let's not exaggerate here. And a lot of even the bad humor was understandable given they are a pack of badly adjusted near-sociopaths.

The space suit was probably a force field, they had force field bulkheads and Rocket had a personal shield he deployed briefly. The spray is harder to explain but it may have been some sort of nanotech device. Sufficiently advanced technology and all that.

>it's pulp sci-fi

It's not, and by definition isnt Scifi, it's a fantasy movie set in space.

pro tip: the first star wars movie wasnt sci fi either

>the jokes are MEANT to be bad, guys

oh god not this retarded fucking argument again

>Who pumps the Batmobile's tires?

Alfred, obviously. Even a dumb adult would know that.

he could regenerate his core faster than the arrow/crush the arrow

>>Putting words in my mouth
You must be a joy at parties, right up until someone punches you. Some characters are better at humor than others. Rocket in particular is an annoying little shit but he's like that because he's not a happy person and he is prickly as a defense mechanism. He still tries to be funny, he's just not great at it.

One of my favorite Simpsons jokes ever.

IGNORE IT. MUH FUN! MUH QUIPS!

Now the axe in Prometheus, that's a REAL plothole

Letting people migrate here from Sup Forums was a mistake.

I have not seen Prometheus because everyone told me it would be a waste of time. Please elaborate.

oh, that makes sense
i don't remember them saying anything about his core desu

It wouldn't shock me if the Batmobile can inflate and seal it's own tires in case he needs to drive over a spike strip. You can also freely admit you wrote a story without thinking through the smaller details, but it's just as petty to complain when people are interested enough to want to know more.

>not liking pac man
>not liking dance off
those were some of the most memorable and hilarious moments, everyone in the theatre loved those moments

its ok not to like those, taste is subjective, but to imply its wholesale bad just because it doesnt intersect with your personal definition of good is something else

Rock cools pretty fast

Rock is a poor conductor, it cools slowly.

>watch a movie based on cartoons
>shit on it for being cartoony

just be honest user, go ahead and confess you're retarded