It was really good

it was really good

hmm, not the best shill thread ever, but here is your payment.

Yeah I liked it as well
It's too bad others couldn't like it as much as I did

I respect your stupid opinion.

I enjoyed it user, I really liked what they did with Luke's arc as well as the Kylo Rey dynamic. Movie definitely surprised me, but in a good way.

Wow, you're so enlightened. Maybe I should give it another chance and ignore all the massive flaws it has

>massive flaws
please elaborate

ANH >= ESB > TLJ > RotJ > RotS >>> TFA > AotC > TPM
Been watching SW in theaters since TPM came out in high school. TLJ is the first one I've got to watch in the theater more than once. Loved it. Might be because my expectations had been so lowered by the internet, but it's gotten better with each viewing. Luke's arc break my heart. I love how he went out. I was also amazed Disney allowed Johnson to allude to the PT with Canto Bight's obvious homage and Luke actually fucking saying "Darth Sidious." So fuckin' neat. Rose was an uggo, but she reminded me a lot of ANH Luke in her unbridled optimism, confidence, and desire for justice.

That wasn't my point at all
If you don't like it that's fine and I do agree with some of the criticism I'm hearing (but not all of them). It's just that none of those things ruined the movie for me

It's unironically in the top 3 star wars movies ever, but memers and manbabies will pretend otherwise because

>reeee fuck the mouse niggers kikes feminism mary sue!
>reeee not the gary stu Luke I imagined in my headcaon
>hurr why did bombs drop in space? Because Star Wars is a science lesson!

not that the movie is flawless, but people nitpick over the most obtuse shit

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

normies should just stay out of the movie theater

>>hurr why did bombs drop in space? Because Star Wars is a science lesson!
that one's not an inconsistency, pretty sure. the bomber ships had gravity, right? so if the bombs dropped while inside the ship, they'd continue moving when they reached the vacuum.

Its a box office hit for a movie, but as flop as a Star Wars movie. The franchise brought in the viewers, but no one really wants to go back.

It will sweep the Oscars this year, it's such an intellectual film. Only disappointing part is that JarJar wasn't in it. And it needed more singing.

While it has rave critical review, audience review paints in a very bad luck. On Rotten Tomatoes it maybe 90%, but it has a 50% audience review. This split between the critics and the audience can be explained to way.

1. The values of the film are more inline with that of the critic class. Who tend to be urban liberal minded individuals who aren't fan of rugged masculinity and were happy to see women take a more leading role.

2. Disney has paid them off to give their movie good reviews.

The reason why the audience seems to dislike TLJ is the disconnect from TWA and OT. Primarily the shift in character traits shown in look. Many audience members do not believe the hero of their childhood would turn out as he did. Also many of the audience felt that the characters of Holdo and Rose were superfluous. The subplot did very little to tie in with the main plot. Many found Holdo to be an unsympathetic character who's domineering leadership and unwillingness to show trust to Poe led to her ultimate failure as a leader. Her sacrifice, using her ship as a hyperspace ram, left many wondering "Why didn't the rebels just do that in the beginning of the film."

While you are welcome to your opinion I believe you'll find your opinion is not the common one.

I thought critics hated Disney because of the LA Times issue.

Most of them seem to have liked it. Mostly for Star Wars using more women and because they liked Lukes buddha like enlightenment movement.

The audience didn't care about there were women only that they were bad actors and hated the buddhist metaphors.

In a weird way TLJ went above the casual movie goers head, but underestimated them simultaneously.

>a positive TLJ thread

About time. Seriously loved this movie and it's easily in my top 3 installments. I don't know why some people have such a hard time enjoying it

Yes

POSITIVES
>far and away the most space-based star wars
>resistance plot is speed in space and pulls it off well
>despite being a woman with purple hair, holdo is a captivating character with plenty of shades of grey
>prequel trilogy actually gets some love in the canto bight sequence calling back phantom menace's tatooine act
>rey shows weaknesses and faults (actually fleshing out her character)
>kylo shows strengths and doubts about allegiences (actually fleshing out his character)
>luke has failed and this actually effects his plot unlike some superhero who is heroic for the sake of being heroic
>fucking puppet yoda
>the suicide run was straight out of my animes
>snoke was a chump and the twist that he really wasn't that important felt good since trying to make him even more evil than sidious would have just been embarrassing
>luke vs kylo
>fuck you, porgs are adorable, didn't effect the plot like ewoks, and were kept mostly in the background
>papabacca
>hoth's placement always bothered me by making the rest of the movie sort of anticlimactic, action-wise; krait at the end was a fitting 'final stand'
>the 'true' story of luke searching kylo, becoming horrified, and then resisting the dark side fits perfectly with his character and actually bridges the OT and ST unlike Han and Leia
>johnson (who i don't care for) actually broke the boring abrams/spielberg/cameron mold and inserted a good amount of panache in the direction

NEGATIVES
>finn and rose didn't do much to endear me to them
>luke's exit wasn't quite as centerplaced as I would have hoped

Overall, 7/10. 3rd best SW after ANH and ESB. It seems normies hated it because it made TFA pointless, which was good in my book because TFA was a pointless movie to begin with.

We did it. We finally reached the point in this movies life cycle where the ultra contrarians are pretending to like it.

>This split between the critics and the audience can be explained to way.
Or maybe the people whose job it is to pay attention to movies and think about them critically picked up on things a lot of the general audience seem to have missed. A lot of the complaints I've seen about the plot and story are all things I noticed the movie explaining (your statements about the Canto Bight subplot are a good example). Maybe some of that is the result of people generally not paying attention, and maybe some of it is the result of people mentally checking out after something triggers them (like "not muh luke" or "admiral tublrhair"); some of it might even comes from people missing details from camrips. But a lot of the complaints I've seen are baffling enough that I've wondering if some critics even saw the same movie as me.

>In a weird way TLJ went above the casual movie goers head, but underestimated them simultaneously.
That's a pretty good way of putting it.

No, it wasn't.

Literally everytime I think about this movie the less sense it makes.

come on give me the korsub i dont want to feed (((THEM))) my shekels

Nailed it. Good job, bald assertion bro.

It had some of the worst, but also some of the best parts of the series so far, but a lot of it should've been in episode 9. I really don't know how episode 9 is supposed to be the end of the Skywalker saga when the last sith and the main Skywalker are killed one movie prior though

There's a lot of valid criticism but I think the "plot holes" are the most overblown considering every Star Wars movie is full of them, especially if you try to apply physics as logic.

Kylo and Leia (and Kylo's sister, Rey) are the last Skywalkers.

If there was a timeskip, if any, at the end, Leia is probably gonna die of natural causes off-screen.

Is this the thread where I can admit that I thought Last Jedi was great? Because, for as many stupid moments as it had, at its best it came as close to actually saying something as Star Wars ever did. It might not have the primal, archetypal appeal of something like New Hope, which is still the best movie in the series by far, but it's had some of the most triumphant, some of the most emotional and some of the most intelligent moments the series has ever had. For that I can look past some of the clunky dialogue and poorly executed humor. Neither of which are unusual for a Star Wars movie.