/txf/: The X-Files General

>Semi-previous thread:
What do we think of the new season premiere?

How is CSM STILL alive? Is he lying about Scully?

What can we expect from new MOTW? Do you like there being 2 mythology episodes for 8 MOTW?

I'll be posting new generals as long as there remains interest.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l40myDtyaoI
youtube.com/watch?v=cEGLpXbF7nc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Do you like there being 2 mythology episodes for 8 MOTW?
Yes and no.
On one hand, I really like mytharc episodes, and saying they were all shit is reddit as fuck. The mythology also needs for than 2 episodes to clear things up, and to out interest back into it.
On the other hand, Carter seems to have lost his talent and isn't getting others to help him, so maybe less is better?
Either way, having the mess of the current mytharc start the series and end the series will leave a bad impression (if even if the rest is great).

Some theories regarding the first question

>He is a proto super solider
>He is a clone
>Alien/Advanced Science-Most likely

Also i don't think he is lying about scully but he may just have reversed her infertility,still creepy.

DYSON SPHERES

He is an orange alien controlled by the russians REEEEEEEEEEE

>What do we think of the new season premiere?
too much shit going on in one moment, music too loud, shitty out-of-scene narration
>How is CSM STILL alive?
plot armor, as always
>Is he lying about Scully?
since that is supposed to be the definite last season, i'd say there will be no occasion to complicate it even more
so i guess he's telling the truth
>What can we expect from new MOTW?
dank 2018 memes and bs philosophy
but also hopefully some good ideas as well
>Do you like there being 2 mythology episodes for 8 MOTW?
mytharc has been a fucking disaster since s6 anyway

Do you guy's have any end of season predictions?

I have a bad feeling about them killing off Scully. It would make sense if Gillian is really leaving after this season.

I hope they do honestly,there is no way they'd give her a conclusive/happy ending otherwise.

I wonder if their son will play a part in the MOTW eps,might be cool to see Mulder work with a superhuman.

this shit was forced, they didn't have clips of Obongo doing mundane things last season... i wonder why

The whole cast is super lib so its pretty unsurprising.

I'm 6 minutes in s11e01 and I cannot stand it.

This is not the x-files I'm used to, everything feels rushed.

I'm not that bothered to keep watching. Does it get back to being actual x-files with slow burning mysteries where Mulder tries to convince Scully some pants-on-head retarded shite is actually happening?

No Scully no show according to Chris Carter.

Next 8 eps are MOTW,so i guess?

I actually turned it off and I always hate when people don't at least finish the episode but this was just upsetting to watch and I couldn't handle it

Its like they took every single Fbook / Reddit / MSM meme and shoe horned it into a show. And seriously the narrations were out of place. Scully was prggers with Fox's baby when?

The scene cuts too are like I am watching Fast and Furious, no way Fox was going 120 on a highway with stopped cars. I counted and less tan 3 seconds in between cuts in shows now?

>Scully was prggers with Fox's baby when?

S8

I guess I'll try next episode but it seems like the x-files died in the late 90's.

I didn't have time to get back into the story, we were thrown in some weird shit with none of the characters acting like I knew them.

I just want to have a cold open where some redneck is crying in fearbecause lights went out in his home in bumfuckvill, Nowhere, USA and have 40 minutes of Mulder trying to convince Scully that yes, it is possible for lichen to develop sentience and control random kitchen appliances to murder people in their sleep.

Is that too much to ask?

Anybody here that don't care anymore?
I'm done with this mess.

I've been done with it since the original finale. Didn't watch the second movie,, only watched a few episodes of S10, not really interested in S11. It was so of its time in the 90s that modernising it has ruined it.

Yeah I wanted to get into it, but it felt like they were trying too hard.

The mythos arch should be killed. Just give us two feds investigating weird cases and debating the possibilities of aliums. I don't care all that much about a missing son or a super virus wiping out the entire human race.

Shit writing is the problem and was a problem even in the 90s,the non mytharc eps should be fine,just like last season.

I just watched this and I am seriously depressed.
the only tv show that I ever really liked has been turned into dogshit.

science. alien science.

What did he mean by this?

one might think you've gotten used to it during the last 2 decades

Best episode?

x-files has been dogshit since season 5 yeah I still watch it too because I hate myself

compared to other shit on TV is still pretty good

Carter is saying he didn't write this season as a finale

goddammit chris

MOTW or Mytharc?

Mulder narrating during the drive scenes in the new episode was so weird and out of place. It looks like they were trying to make the scenes epic but it just turned out weird. I think it would have felt better if he was talking to someone on the phone or dictating into a magnetophon but I guess that was too 90s for them.

So havent watched the new episode yet

Is it the standard shitty mythology episode?

Whens MOTW kicking in?

does anyone have a link to the premiere I can download? a mega link?

it could have worked, sometimes there were narration back in the old days, and I loved it, especially when they went artsy with it like

youtube.com/watch?v=l40myDtyaoI
and youtube.com/watch?v=cEGLpXbF7nc

but this one just sounded like one of those closing scenes when they were writing the report on a case and the viewer got to hear it in their voice.

don't bother. it's shit. even compared to s10