Some of my favorite comics are the "BAD PEOPLE DOING BAD THINGS" "trashy" style of crime comics where there was always...

Some of my favorite comics are the "BAD PEOPLE DOING BAD THINGS" "trashy" style of crime comics where there was always an ax murderer around every corner and you always knew that SOMEONE WAS GOING TO DIE, namely like EC Comics put out with Crime SuspenStories and Shock SuspenStories.

Are there any other comics like these? I'd prefer modern stuff (we'll say 80s or later is "modern" enough), but I'll accept old school stuff as well.

I can't name them specifically but when I'm at the comic shop I always see a bunch of stuff like this coming out each month.

It's kind of like horror movies in that lots of amateur fans make them, I think.

This sounds weird. Any more info?

The Fix?

That's a comedy though.

Aww shit, this is a good one.

First thing that came to my mind.

I'm fairly sure some of the civilians are caricatures of DCAU people.

Did Joe R. Lansdale write anything else similar to Red Romance?

That is just fucked up though.

Paul Dini and Bruce Timm himself. It's especially fucked up, since Paul Dini was assaulted on the street in real life once and barley survived the beating.

Everything about the comic is just fucked in general.

bumping incase anyone has anything else to recommend

Ranxerox

>Gift of the Magi twist

Here's a short story from the House of Mystery Vertigo Revival in the late 2000s. I recently read the entire thing, and it was honestly pretty terrible, with only a few good standout stories.

so what's the difference between the vault keeper, the crypt keep and the old witch?

Stephen King did write under the name Richard Bachman before

Different narrators. Basically just a conceptual difference. None in reality.

thanks for dumping stuff