Now that the dust has settled, thoughts?

Now that the dust has settled, thoughts?

I love the incest it produced.

I didn't like it, but thought it was still better than the source material.

Im amazed they even made a movie based on that at all. I get they wanted to do a kid and his robot movie but really? I doubt you really needed the BH6 brand to do that.

Wasted potential. Covered a lot of heavy subject matter with some interesting characters, but managed to go nowhere and do little with it.

>diverse cast where white straight male is rich priviledged buffon

If they wanted to do a boy and his robot in Little Tokyo story, they should have just stuck with that. Probably would have been better, or at least more interesting. Forcing the contrived Marvel origin formula into this just killed my interest. I was amazed by how little I was engaged in the climactic fight scene.

Tadashi is best boy.

I'm actually surprised Marvel didn't make a new comic and make the characters similar to the movie version. It would've fit right into their diversity push.

>I doubt you really needed the BH6 brand to do that.

They mentioned that it came because of an order from Bob Iger.

Various departments/teams were asked to find an obscure Marvel property they could re-invent and pitch as a potential new animated film. Don Hall found BH6 and liked the title...which led to his pitch.

Apparently their were 5 pitches in total with BH6 as one of them.

they wanted to cash in more on the marvel/superhero craze,it didnt quite worked.
Meanwhile their B movie earned over a billion dollars and still prints money for Disney.

It was a mediocre Disney flick with a villain that was far more interesting than the hero, who's revenge plot just felt a little too hackneyed for my tastes.
I mean it was fine, but it certainly wasn't Oscar worthy.

>B movie earned over a billion dollars and still prints money for Disney
Which one was that again?

Big Hero 6 did end up overshadowed by Zootopia but it made them a lot of money and Baymax has decent toy sales. They've got the TV series and a possible sequel in the works.

Frozen, it's the modem equivalent of the Lion King.

A definitive 10/10 movie, well-deserved for an Oscar.
I actually saw some kids calling a fat kid "Hey, Baymax!", it is a SIGN that this movie succeeded enough in the world.

DISNEY is still dominating the world with Beauty and the Beast, we, disney fans, win every FUCKING year.

It was okay, it had some beautiful animation and some decent humor/action. But it just felt hollow in many areas, and I feel that's partially due to the (lack of) characterization for most of the cast. Someone else mentioned this in another, now long gone thread, but it feels like a big budget pilot to the upcoming animated series.

I mean I enjoyed it, but is it really Oscar-worthy? I doubt it.

I enjoyed it overall, but I would have preferred the rest of the team getting more attention.

Also Yokai did nothing wrong.

Needed more Gogo butt, but otherwise it was ok.

Where do you get your Gogo butt and 34 user? Haven't seen too much of it

Pixiv is alright for fanart, though quality control has fallen a bit over the years.

This desu
I'm curious as to how the TV series will end up being. I have high hopes, but I'm also hoping it'll avoid too many high school-college cliches, or poorly done romances.

>100 Mickey dollars has been deposited into your account

I think it was OK. I took a girl I met on imageboards to see it which was as close to having a date as I was in years.

I thought it was decent.
I didn't like how the team other than Hiro and Baymax didn't do much in the end, but it had some fun action and good characters.