Guardians of the Galaxy

If David Hasselhoff exists in the MCU doesn't that mean the 'Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD' TV existed as well?

Yes its like ones of those "based on a true story" deals

MCU tumblr holds it as a shinning example of white washing

You can ask something similar with Kevin Bacon and First Class

no, it means Knight Rider was actually based on the life of Nick Fury back when he was a white guy

That was such a James Gunn moment. Like, my theater laughed cause it's fucking David Hasselhofff out of nowhere, but it was really kind of dark considering Ego was mocking Peter with his fantasies.

Autism, the post.

More importantly, who starred in Big Trouble In Little China if Kurt Russel *doesn't* exist in the MCU?

Who says Kurt doesn't exist? Ego had to get the idea for his body from somewhere

There's nothing to say Kurt Russell doesn't exist. For all we know Ego stole his appearance when he visited Meredith and Peter just doesn't make the connection because the Avatar is so aged or whatever.

Pratt did in fact suggest that Quill recognize Russell but Gunn thought it would be too distracting.

No.
Different Hasselhoff.

You mean the footloose reference that Peter Quill did?
Different universes.

I loved the movie.

But, why in the everloving fuck do they have to kill the fucking villain in every fucking movie, and it was fucking Ego, and it was fucking Kurt Russell playing him. Goddamnit.

in hindsight, they can pull off a return for many villains that are accounted as dead
Red Skull, Zola, the real Mandarin, even Yellowjacket.

Ego coming back could still be feasible considering he's a celestial and he plays with different rules

Ego not dying or worse still coming back would ruin Quill's character arc. This is not the comics you guys.

I'll pass on Mandarin.

One that's not even dead and I'd like back is Abomination.

Don't forget we're dealing with the Infinity Gauntlet here. ANYONE can be brought back with no further explanation needed.

Jesus fuck this is real? There is legitimately David Hasselhoff cameo?

Sup Forums shits on pic related but not this?

Can we all agree Hasselhoff's cameo would be way better if he was wearing this?

What's your beef with Knight Rider, user?

>Different universes
And?
OP posits that Nick Fury movie may exist in MCU because Hasslehoff appears/is referenced.

The user posits that X-Men: First Class movie may exist in MCU because Kevin Bacon appears/is referenced.
Same shit.

The Hasselhoff cameo is done in a way that feels organic and comes off as really funny.

Your pic related is OLDMEME CANCER FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE.

Ok.

I think, eventually it'll be revealed that there was a white Fury before and it WAS David Hasselhof, David being the cover he assumed after he retired, chronologically old but still enjoying the effects of the infinity formula or whatever.

>but it was really kind of dark considering Ego was mocking Peter with his fantasies.
It was also Ego admitting that it's all been manipulation from the start. He never wanted to be a father, he just wanted a copy of him he could use as a willing power booster.
But the normies seem fixated on the whole loltehHoffsorandomXD thing.

LA LA BAMBA!

Nick Fury like James Bond, the name of the top SHIELD spy?

It's all about context.

Within the movie, it was called for and was a dark moment in the story. If anything, seeing The Hoff only made things darker.

Is there any worse and lazy of a joke than "Haha look, David Hasselhoff! 80s XD!"

Peter used to carry around a picture of David Hasslehoff when he was a kid and claimed that he was his dad, because Peter never had a dad.

Ego transforms into Hasslehoff for a moment because he wanted to solidify the fact that "I can be your father Peter, I can be the man you always thought I could be"

Ya know, after he talks about killing his mother of course.

This was supposed to be funny? It felt cruel and heartbreaking to me

Not even the right song...

Is anyone else looking forward to waifu-ing MCU Mainframe?
I don't even care they're voiced by Miley Cyrus, cute robot

Sylvester Stallone?