Weekend Sup Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/92532025/

Other urls found in this thread:

premiercomics.com/archives/1414
pastebin.com/fYeQrPRC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Last time:

-New pics
-Trying to come up with more GG scripts
-Redesigning the Trine characters (Theta and JD are done I think, Wells is next and pic related)
-I'm not sure if there was progress on the Rage Racer script
-Talking about Rocket Boy
-Update on the Lovely Ladybug Summer special
-The season when July DeForthe is relevant is approaching

Also of note, the next issue of Premier Comics is out:
premiercomics.com/archives/1414

I found out about these alternate Golden Girl haircuts from /aco/, and I'm in love.

Three is my favorite, but One had the potential of a gag where Audrey can't hold her hair in place using her headband, paralleling her bust bouncing.

Heck, it could make a good simple comic.

>Panel one: Audrey in civvies, at the Sterling Estate
Hey Silver Queen, can I ask you something personal?

>Panel two: Sarah in civilian persona as well
Sure, my ward. Anything you need?

>Panel three: AP, clearly getting flustered
I'm sure you're no stranger to this, with your action-packed life, but do you have anything to help stop the...the...

>Panel four: SS headshot in frame surprised
...bouncing?

>Panel five: Sarah is relaxed, touched even, by Audrey's request. She ruffles through her top drawer
Oh darling, I understand exactly what you mean. I have JUST the thing for you...

>Panel six: Reveal panel of Audrey now wearing a headband, matching Silver Queen's Tiara.
>Audrey is not amused. Sarah doesn't care/notice. Lucìa Delgado is in the background, facepalming.
There you go! Ready for crime-fighting!
AP (flatly): Gee, thanks

It's my first time writing in comic format. Could probably be reformatted for less panels.

I like it. It also gives us a setup for introducing Lucìa in the next strip, which would be the one we were trying to figure out last thread.

I think we need to get some drawings of Rocket Boy now

Any other neat outfits Audrey needs to be drawn in?
I'm not her regular artist.

I'd imagine she has a training outfit.

Does she do any sports or anything in school?

luchadore
space marine armor
uhura's tos uniform
catholic schoolgirl
cat lingerie
virgin killer sweater or keyhole sweater

I always wanted to see her doing the tawawa challenge with a rotary phone.

Something like this. Audrey Undercover as a Secretary for a shady looking business man

So the only things that get actual comic work seems to have to involve giant tits I see...

There's always someone saying that in these threads.

how about a combo of Golden Girl's outfit with abit of Sci-fi.
give it a Batman Beyond style

A '50s cheerleader outfit?

in case a batman beyond suit ref was needed

I call for inspiration from Rocketeer.

I like it! We could probably combine the first two panels. And like said, it leads in well to the Lucia strip idea.

requesting Audrey wearing this

Good/great suggestions, all. I'll do what I can!
Other artists are more than free to draw too, of course.

Looking at previous comic formatting, it would work by adding an additional panel for the Titlecard.
Otherwise panel 5 could be split into two separate panels, one for her relieved reaction then another for her digging through her clothes drawer, with the dialogue split between each. Though the last panel might warrant being bigger for the punchline and the three characters rather than 2 in focus.

The title card could work with her looking through her clothes.

Requesting Audrey wearing this

I think the titlecard image should be something relating to the hair/boobs "bouncing" miscommunication.

So how are we introducing Lucia?

Like she's running and both her boobs and hair are bouncing?

Something like that, yeah. Maybe the volume of her hair could be exaggerated for effect as well.

Or maybe just have her looking disgruntled while holding her chest and also blowing the hair out of her face.

The strip idea from last week still works. Maybe instead of just facepalming in the last panel of , Lucia makes some sort of comment that sets up her adjusting Audrey's costume.

Also good. I was thinking something a bit more symbolic (I guess?) like the titlecard gag from the second half of the Iris two-parter, but something more straightforward might be a better fit.

So aside from GG, since that's obviously being worked on up above, what's everyone working on?

Cavewoman

I'm working on Rocket Boy

Waiting for a chance to talk more about Trine.

The junk tech version might look better if some of his hair was visible.

Ever since Stretcherous' story arc was written, not much else to work on with her. I'm just here for the ride till something comes up.

It will literally become Star-Lord's mask if we were to do that.

I don't really see it.

Is he wearing something like a re-breather at all times when in costume?
Assuming Wells made his costume using stuff he could find, that might've been his starting point with the design.

The re-breather is there but we can just remove that plot point if it's too cumbersome for the character design.

Hey guys. I've just got back from work. I was wondering if anyone wanted to see the new RR snippet. I've been in a funk so it isn't much. Only about a page.

Sure.
I missed it last thread since there was a lot going on last Saturday.

Here ya go. Line 589 should be all new to you.

pastebin.com/fYeQrPRC

And here is what I asked yesterday on the off chance anyone cares.

>I was discussing what was still needed in my initial idea to finish this issue with a friend with a big fight to reveal Vex city's new hometown hero. My friend suggested maybe splitting the origin to two issues, one ending around where RR is born the at the end I initially wanted, to make room for both more acts of heroism as well as to get the satisfaction of a script being finished sooner rather than later. Thoughts?

I don't think they should've tried sewing his heart, if they had done that then RR really wouldn't be able to move after waking up and I remember that he wasn't out for that long.

Say they did an ultrasound or an x-ray or whatever and found that the damage was beyond their ability to operate on, not that they already tried to operate.

And having the issue end right about there with RR exploding out of the wall would be fine.

The next issue can begin showing the destroyed room, the wall, the path of devastation, and while he's out just running at full rage speeds, he sees a super villain or whatever and steam rolls him.
He sees some bank robbers and headbutts them through a car window.
He sees some guy excessively littering and shoves all the trash down his pants.

Good to note. Also as an answer to the previous qualm 'bout the nurse taking the money, I thought it'd be funny to have him zoom past where she is and something like her seeing her pocket folded outward or something.

The nurse's pocket would be a good gag as she's looking out of the hole in the wall.

Well I can't be up any later than this if I want to be able to function in the morning.

So sink or swim time for the thread.

Got three more for y'all.

Guess I was too late for the party.

I hope 47k returns here, seeing how he delivered yesterday in the Pacifica thread.

I'd really like to see his take on Briana.

Some updated look on summerbug.

I still like junk tech or technomancer the best.

Did anything happen with the Rage Racer rouges that were being discussed?

I Like Andromeda, Technomancer and JunkTech but each of these designs could easily be another villain love your work keep it up.

How many renditions do you think you've gone through with her swimsuit now?

I think it got sidelined in favor of getting his origin sorted.

Though in the second part, now that his rage speed has awakened, we could use a super villain for him to thwart.

What would be some good villains to start him off with? maybe blackout?

Someone who would hold a grudge over how easily they got stomped.

Junk Tech it is!
Let's put the others in the back burner for some Else worlds stuff.

Now any changes we would like on the Arch-Mask?

Each of them has a distinct silhouette so what should we add/subtract?

I like the jaw but maybe unclutter the brow

A bit more space to the side of the eyes so he's not sacrificing his peripheral vision.

Quick recap of everything?

You know, I think the mask will be enhanced once we see it paired with the rest of the outfit.

any early ideas about what colors for the outfit

I feel like the coat would be either a tan color or a deep green, but green might be too much since now JD is also using green.
Red might work just as well though, but Theta is also using red.

Black and silver might work.

How much black?

More of an off-set black I think. Not the shiny leather type, but the rough looking material type.

Farm boy is out one night helping his father bring in the cows. As he is trying to get a stubborn cow to move a 1950s stereotypical looking ufo abducted the cow and the farm boy. The boy escapes with the cow and hijacks a ufo from the aliens. The AI on his stolen ufo adapts the human language from him over time (don't remember her acronym for her name). He then goes on sweet galactic adventures as Rocket Boy and UFBovine. This character and his adventures take place in the same universe as Golden Girl thus giving it a classic 1950s sci fi feel and design.

Does the cow do anything?

UFBovine hasn't really been developed beyond just being a novelty character

Here was a picture of what the aliens should look like who abduct Rocket Boy and UFBovine. They are called Spacerz

Sorry for the late reply.

How about now?

Cyborg headshot captain America?

Tell me what to change!

I was just teasing. It looks better than anything I could do. I'd say change the design on top of his head. It looks like a capital letter A. Again, I'm artistically retarded so you don't need to listen to me

>don't listen to me

I'm gonna and you're not stopping me!

Not him, but that does look better to me.

Is is better to compartmentalize his helmet or just make it just one whole thing?

Is there any specific reason for why it should be one or the other?

Feels like it'd be something that'd only be needed if it played a role in the story.

It's just a tiny detail since his robots are modular. (Or not? Not everything is written in stone just yet.)

Unless he's going to do some Darth Vader stuff, I don't think that detail is all that important.

If he can take off the spiky part while leaving the eyes and mouth on or if he has to take off the whole thing, it seems like something that's only really important if it serves a role in the narrative for a certain type of set up or scene.

Alright, any more changes before heading into his overall costume?

Just try not to make him look like Doctor Doom when designing his coat/cape thing.

The A looks lame.

Got it. Removing.

He could probably do with a symbol on his cape or chest though.

I just realized we don't even really need the symbol.

Do we?

Anyways here's his "Strong Nerd" physique.

shouldn't it be closer to this?

If you were here before, he had beefcake art showcased here.

I was just talking about you calling it "strong nerd".

I guess?

But I like it when villains have a personal mark they put on everything that's theirs.

people will just think it is the anarchy symbol, which is played out

I'm not saying it's the A symbol, but that he has a symbol.

The older one is inspired by NASA (the color scheme anyways), and the look of his robots.

I don't know if it's going to be subject to change though.

I wholeheartedly agree on the symbol part.

That symbol for Archenemy works actually.
As long as it's all one solid color with the lines on top of it, it's not easily mistaken for the anarchy symbol.

Does anyone remember what the acronym was for Rocket Boys AI?

Back from work ready for the ol' spitball.

So far there is a plan in the future to have one of the more epic battle be between RR and Outrage. As for Blackout we have at best a synopsis of the whole story. Costumes have been suggested and a couple thumbnails have been done by me, but other than that and a test image of BO light absorption there's not much.
Maybe. I feel blackout would start with being sneaky/ wanting RR to come to him. Both of these wouldn't seem to be due to bad blood. Then again I'm finally back home and not thinking straight. Maybe another rouge?

Also, I could see being his initial mask to fit the golden age theme while is when shit starts hitting the fan.

All the suggestions are in the previous thread.

>Diagnostic Autopilot Navigator - DiAN
>Curious Holographic Retentive Intelligence System - CHRIS
>Advanced Systems Holographic Learning Interface - ASHLI
>Learning Intelligence/Diagnostic Actuator - LIn/DA
>Mental Interaction, Record Appraisal, and Negotiations Assistance - M.I.R.A.N.D.A
>Personal Artificial Universe Lexicon-P.A.U.L

DiAN seemed to be the popular one.

Can you give me an example, I'm kinda having a hard time imagining it.