Did anyone on Sup Forums actually like this movie? Because it was bad

Did anyone on Sup Forums actually like this movie? Because it was bad

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8YGHDTIUt0s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was a good movie but yet another poor X-Men movie.

the only bad thing is your taste

I liked it.

Maybe you don't read X-Men comics.

>it was a poor x-men movie
i like how you just put it out there without any reasons.

DC tries to be edgy
>Worst shit I've ever seen
Marvel tries to be edgy
>The movie was pretty good, you just didn't get it

Okay Sup Forumsmblr

We'll never be your friends no matter how many contrarian opinions you spout thinking it'll please us, OP.

poor adaptation of the Reavers, muddled backstory that's unclear whether it blends with the previous films, X-24, and so on.

I actually wanted to see why people on Sup Forumsmblr liked this movie. I don't get it, is it just because it's marvel so they ride Marvel's dick so hard they force themselves to believe they like it? I don't get it. I'm a marvel fanboy too, but I thought the movie was other garbage, almost on the tier of origins. Almost.

I'll give you the Reavers, but the rest is all just your shit taste.

It's not Marvel you fuccboi, it's Fox. They only dickride Marvel Studios. You think they worship X-Men Apocalypse? People like Logan because it's a good movie, not because of franchise loyalty.

I liked the atmosphere, the character interactions, the plot was decent enough to carry the film and the action was amazing. I like combat that doesn't rely on too many effects; just seeing Logan butchering a bunch of dudes with his claws is enough to get my blood pumping.

But it's Fox. And movie is OK.

Lad, I actually liked apocalypse, side from the ending, which was utter bullshit

Wolverine has always been edgy.

but most of the movie he was getting his ass whooped, that little girl was butchering everyone.

I really liked it, don't know what kind of gripes somebody could have against it other than
>not muh x-men
but, you know, that's every comic book movie

he got his ass whooped once or twice, the rest of the time he was stabbing niggas like it was going out of style

I was expecting a film adaption of old man logan, then remembered as the movie started that most of the characters in old man logan were two different film universes

He did get a few strikes here and there. However, you bring up a good point, but that was clearly intentional. Logan is old and closer to death he's ever been; of course he's slower. X-23 is a small, energized, self regenerating and young killing machine.

My legitimate gripe. How did they get rid of all the other mutants? It was never really explained.

The thing is that it wasn't edgy for the sake of being edgy, it showed how Logan's whole world was crumbling, and that could only be properly shown with all that violence and edge
And we didn't even get to see the X-Men mass murder incident

I liked it

Does wolvie ever die in the comics and get a "rebirth" and an inevitable film "rebirth"?

Wuza gud movie ay

No you didn't.

Why is the little girl essentially a dog?

>poor adaptation
>muddled backstory

both are due to the dystopian timeline.
dystopian timelines are part of x-men. if you'd read days of future past, the origin of Magik, read anything to do with Cable, or Age of Apocalypse, you'd know this.

left up to the audience's imagination. probably better that way, because all you saw was charles's, caliban's and logan's sad reaction whenever they tried to talk about it. it was so bad that they can't even discuss it.

if someone death squadded your family for being different or being deemed "subversive", you'd be traumatized for the rest of your life too.

you mean lab experiment? it's interesting you compared her to an animal because humans experiment on animals too

Logan's setting is nowhere near as bad as those, the most dystopian thing about it are the automated trucks.

Your mom was bad

A mate was telling me that it was apparently Charles that killed them all, or at least put them all out of commission. Those "300 casualties" or what ever it was that they mentioned in Vegas

Most of those were injured, the radio only says a few of the dead casualties were xmen. It's pretty likely the x men disbanded after that and they really seem to have been the only prominent "good" mutant faction, after that it was probably easily dealing with them by comparing them with the brotherhood.

Anyway, Logan was barely alive with his regenerative powers, now imagine how most xmen who don't have anything close to his regenerative powers would have survived eating and drinking all the shit that kills people with the mutant gene.

Mutants were genetically castrated with GMO corn.
Professor X's first psychic seizure killed the X-men.

If you strip away the comic book elements its an oscar bait kino about a man coming to terms with his own mortality by going on a road trip with his aging and sick father and the daughter he never knew he had.

How was this movie edgy? This movie was so far from being edgy. The old man Logan comic was more edgy than this movie. I really liked Logan. If you went in expecting a direct adaptation of old man Logan you were a tool. It took inspiration from it, yes, among other things it took inspiration from. But in all the biggest influence was from the movie Shane. I mean honestly, if you're going to complain about something, then complain about how screwed up the timeline is and the stupid subplot of how mutants stop being born.

The 3rd act was shit

1. That wouldnt kill Logan
2. It was not hopeful at all (which made the whole viewing experience unsavory unnecessarily)
3. The action wasnt that great
4. The kids werent sympathetic at all

1. That wouldnt kill Logan
Movie went to great lengths to show that his healing factor was getting worse by the minute, plus he was dying of adamantium poisoning, PLUS he was drained from just using an entire bottle of MGH, it's perfectly understandable that that amount of massive trauma would be too much for him
2. It was not hopeful at all (which made the whole viewing experience unsavory unnecessarily)
>It's not good because it made me feel sad :(
3. The action wasnt that great
Fair enough
4. The kids werent sympathetic at all
Completely agree with you here, those kids were all TERRIBLE actors and dragged the movie down just to show a couple more mutant powers, the third act should have played with just Wolverine and X-23 dispatching the villains, Logan dying and the final scene should be Laura, still uncertain if her friends are still alive at this point, catching up to them when they're just about to cross the border.

I liked it, it was a very good movie.

Ah there we go

I liked Logan
I think the movie made smart choices. I liked how X-23 wasn't the 23 attempt to clone wolverine but just the 23rd mutant clone. I know a lot of ppl didn't like Alzheimer's Xavier funny but I couldn't help but laugh, it was like watching a live action American Dad Bullock.

Which made X-24 more funnier, like why didn't they just go with him in the first place.

But, that doesn't make sense because it's a not so distant future, and in days of future past, that timeline shows mutants far past the logan timeline. So which is it?

But looking at all the comments a majority of people liked this movie including myself the people who hate it are in the minority who have shit taste

Or maybe the majority of Sup Forums has bad taste.

>I thought the movie was other garbage, almost on the tier of origins.
You know, if you're gonna b8 you gotta be a little more subtle than that.

I thought it was fantastic. I only saw it this past Tuesday in theaters too. I think the worst part is the male clone. But he's barely in it so it's fine.

IT's weird how each Wolverine movie got better. Usually the first movie is the best and each sequel is worse than the last.

Why is it bad?

>its a Sup Forums wants to be contrarian to sound patrician episode

Logan was kino, it was literally the LISA THE RPG the movie

Oh wait this is Sup Forums

Whats with these shitty opinions today?

spicfeet

DC's edge felt forced.
Fox's edge felt natural for the character.

Seriously, who's going to get mad about Wolverine killing someone?

better than the MCU garbage

Why do you guys think the only reason people hate the dceu is that its dc and its dark when pretty everyone loves the nolan trilogy and it meets both of these criteria?

Why is MCU garbage?

I haven't seen it yet. Anyone got a pros and cons list? I haven't seen any X-Men movies either since I'm not really into the characters. Should I see those first? I saw some clips of Quicksilver and I liked him.

Dc's version of edgy is taking characters that have no buisness being edgy and turning them into edgy dark heroes

Logan took a character that has been depicted of being edgy and took it in more realistic setting. But its not out of character for wolverine to be edgy.

The only time superman was edgy were the worst runs of the supes comics

DoFP future was erased in DoFP, did you not pay attention? The entire timeline was changed by what they did.

As someone who couldn't give less of a shit about cape comics or movies, has always enjoyed the MCU as light popcorn entertainment with friends but nothing special, and hasn't really enjoyed any x-men movie in the past thus having little to no real emotional attachment to the series or characters, Logan was a masterpiece and fucked me up bad.

I've never read the X-men comics, they don't interest me. The movies were all pretty underwhelming and I've never really had a superhero movie I've legitimately loved. I have a passing familiarity with the source material, I know a lot about Old Man Logan, and I know none of the movies are direct adaptations so I've never cared about it. X-men film continuity is so fucked I don't really bother with it. I just accept most are their own thing anymore since it's such a mess.

All that said, my experience with Logan is from mostly an outside perspective. It's a fucking masterpiece. It's got great cinematography, the sound design is fantastic, and it has great acting and a great script. Character development was riveting, I thought the story was simple but emotionally resonant, and none of the more schlocky elements like the clone felt stupid or hokey because it was executed so well. I thought the entire movie was just riveting and heartbreaking. One of my favorite movies this decade so far.

To be fair, the only time DC was edgy was during Nolan, and that was a weird "family friendly" sort of edgy. It did suck though. DCEU is ridiculously hopeful. I love it.

But surely it didn't completely erase all the mutants user. Mutants were found in the wolverine's timeline too, which takes place only about 15 years before the timeline of logan. So what the fuck happened in that short amount of time? Mutants, especially those in say, apocalypse were way too fucking overpowered to be wiped out by something as small as a psychic seizure. Which was bullshit. Wolvie was able to get to Xavier to stop him, why weren't any of the stronger mutants able to?

Plenty of mutants were real close to Charles Xavier too. Like Cyclops and quicksilver. What happened to them?

Being edgy with Superman is stupid. And even then MoS & BvS were both poorly made.

Being edgy with Wolverine, the most famous antihero not only makes sense, but its expected. He literally has indestructible claws for cutting people to pieces.

The only people I know that didn't like this movie are those that can't handle the serious and depressing tone. People like Comicbookgirl19 who started crying in the review
>Whaaa
>So much wrong with this world
>Where's the hope
>Why are things so shitty.

Some people can't handle movies that are dark and depressing and don't give you your special happy ending. That is you

My one issue with this film was X-24 being killed by the adamantium bullet, despite us having seen that Logan himself survived one, when at a similar point in his life

>the most famous antihero
But that's Deadpool user

It was great. If you didn't watch it as a dark comedy, then maybe it was your fucking fault.

>the opening cholo scene, where he's more concerned about the car and they just think he's retarded
>Prof Xavier going senile as fuck
>What prop dept did to make the vehicles look futuristic, yet grounded
>guns actually behaving like guns, operators doing operator things
>piking people in the head, efficient slice and dice

I mean, what wasn't there to like? What are you, gay?

GMO corn made it so new mutants couldn't be born. Most survivors were hunted down and used as mere resources for experiments. The X-men themselves were wiped out by Charles's first seizure. Poccylips was killed by Magneto using a metal spirit bomb.

Around 2016, the mutant-blocking shit was added to the water supply, and no more mutants were born. No one realized this until around 2029 because mutation doesn't become apparent until puberty, about 12 years on average. By then it was too late; Xavier had already accidentally killed the X-men and many others, and the villains fell as their forces depleted and world governments dropped them.

Xavier's first seizure was devastating and out of nowhere; Logan's healing ability gives him an edge on dealing with the physical destruction caused by the seizures. Each seizure after this was prevented or lessened by a level of medication in Xavier's blood. Nothing came close to the first one.

This was all explained or easily inferred in the film, yo.

The implication was that X-24's healing factor was nowhere near as strong as Wolverine's in his prime, and that the adamantium used on his skeleton was an inferior alloy. When you re-watch the flick and notice more, it makes more sense.

I expected something more like Fury Road

>muddled backstory that's unclear whether it blends with the previous films

You say that like it's a bad thing.

I still call bullshit, there's mutants in the fox marvel universe that were able to withstand atomic blasts, but a psychic seizure killed all of the x men?

How did it not wipe out an entire city at that point then? A seizure of that magnitude able to kill all of the x men, would have to be insanely powerful, like enough to wipe any molecule of humanity in a large city.

I find it all really hard to believe. It shouldve been explained better

I feel like the kids not helping Wolverine in his final fight is a major plot hole.

>it was a bad X Men movie

The movie is literally titled "Logan".

You're making assumptions about what the nature of the seizure is; in a weakened state, it seems to somewhat freeze time. But we don't know if it blows atoms apart or simply explodes brains and leaves basic matter untouched. There were several hundred casualties, if you remember, and the implication was it occurred at some kind of mutant convention.

The survivors either went into hiding, like Logan, or were picked up for experiments.

I had no problem with the bullet piercing his skull.

Was there really much implication of a weaker healing factor? When was that implied?

Was it in the bits where X-24 was getting injections to speed it up?

After their initial fight at the farmhouse, when he took bad damage. The good doctor had to give him injections to get him rolling. Remember, Logan survived and atomic blast, recovering in seconds, while he also took a continuous blast from Phoenix and still kept walking right up to where he could disembowel her.

>All these implications to fill plot holes that still exist.
It was a bad movie user, I know it wasn't a DC bad movie, but it wasn't very good. you need to accept it in your heart

I finally saw it last night.

It was watchable, but absolutely did not live up to the hype. For every scene that felt like something from Children of Men there were at least two completely retarded boilerplate capeshit fight scenes to drag things back down again.

Also the movie took a noticeably huge dip in quality when crazy old Patrick Stewart snuffed it. The ending was horribly emotionally manipulative and trying hard to wring undeserved tears from the audience.

Man, it's all there, you just have to listen to the characters. They tell the stories. Just because something is too painful to talk about doesn't mean something isn't conveyed by body language.

This harkens back to a different era of film-making, when the audience had to be more involved. I loved it.

Probably the best xmen movie fox has made

Keep in mind they already had a female wolverine bot in X-2.

Lucky for us that was nuked by DOFP

I don't get the problem with x-24, it's an un subtle manifestation of Wolverine ' s fear. I don't think Sabertooth could have worked because of that. Overall the angatonists were abysmal,but the character drama was okay.

>implying the X-men movies' fucked chronology isn't the most comic-accurate thing we've seen in all of the live-action universes

>That scene where she is Sexually riding that coin operated ride

How did they get away with it

The Nolan trilogy came out about a decade ago. It was a different era back then.

how did you see that as 'sexually', she's literally just riding a mechanical horse?

The look on her face. Not smiling. They way she nervously yet perversely looks down at the machine. Its just HollyJew pandering to the pedos.

>that wouldn't kill Logan

It's actually astounding how many idiots don't understand clear aspects of the film. We see through the whole movie that hhe is dying, he has to manually pop out bullets. In the third act, he gets shot about a thousand times (although with green drugs in his boy, but there were probably some still there when it wore off), he fights the X-24, gets impaled on a log, then gets stabbed twice right in the chest.

You know what? I'm actually going to clear everything up for everyone because it frustrates me
-several of the X-Men died in the Westchester incident, caused by Professor X's telepathic seizure. What happened to the others? Presumably they disbanded, but it's left to the audience's imagination as it is not the most important aspect.
-Logan is dying because the adamantium is overriding his body's healing. It is doubtful that the mutant suppressing chemicals in food are to blame, as they are only described to stop the birth of mutants, not stop their powers.
-The timeline is hugely fucked, don't even worry about it

>The timeline is hugely fucked, don't even worry about it.
Except, we need to know the proper timeline so we know what the fuck is going on.
>Presumably they disbanded, but it's left to the audience's imagination as it is not the most important aspect.
So, out of nowhere, the mutants just disappeared but somehow Charles Xavier and logan survived but we don't need to know what happened to anyone else?

>Hey guys, so you dont need to know this stuff so stop asking
But it clears up the main plot holes in the movie.

They hate it because it was a grounded film dealing with serious emotional themes, instead of having him finally put on the comic costume, or having a half man half tank, or fitting into the current continuity as outlined by DoFP.

Plus, no Deadpool.

They say in the movie that they hunted down the mutants that where left. Fuck they even say Caliban helped them do it.

Here you go, man. Spelled out as barney style as you can possibly get: youtube.com/watch?v=8YGHDTIUt0s

But people love it now though.

Dude. . . Don't go to playgrounds.

Anyways I think Laura character as someone who didn't have a childhood probably stunted her maturity. She doesn't know what is too be expected for her age. It was probably like

>"oh hey a kiddie ride, I'm a kid! Wtf this sucks!"