Star Trek: Discovery

Why is no one on Sup Forums talking about the best show on TV?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RlXMpBNJdsU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's not on TV and it's pretty terrible. I mean they retconned a war into Captain Pikes era and added tardigrade nipple clamps and magic mushroom space folding. And the main character is unlikable.

Maybe you got it confused with the Orville, which is the best show on tv.

If I want to rage i just watch the first episode of season 3 of black mirror.

Doesn't come back until Sunday

youtube.com/watch?v=RlXMpBNJdsU

Hooray for negresses!

Why would they give this shit another season?

>Klingon tits
>Saying fuck

This isn't Star Trek.

To spite you

To save face, and to not have to admit to stockholders that it was a bad idea to launch their own streaming service.

you missed all the std generals shitting all over it

Anyone play Bridge Crew now that it doesn't require VR? Pretty fun in multiplayer

There used to be a daily thread about this show before the winter break. Don't listen to the cockgurgling plebians talking shit about this show, it's fucking great.

I hope Airiam gets a bottle episode.

This is pretty stupid.

It was pretty blah and ended too predictably. The forced diversity also wore out it's welcome. If they go back to the regular antholog format I might be interested in the next season though.

What
The
Fuck
???

It doesn't anymore? Sounds cool.

It came out with a contractually guaranteed 2 seasons, and if this dies it brings down CBS all access with it.. they have almost nothing else on their ad bloated streams

And in a bizarrely smart move Ubisoft let's VR and nonVR users play together

Because I got TNG and DS9.
I'm honestly so happy with these shows for fucking ever, that I don't have to care about anything ST ever again.

I watched the pilot and hated it, haven't touched it since then.

Federation ships can now literally teleport behind you while doing flips? Does it also say "nothing personnel"?

>Spinning! That's a good trick!

No just the USS Discovery and it requires a guinea pig to operate which isn't unethical since the current guinea pig is fucking his shit up willingly.

but, Netflix paid for this.

wtf is this real

>logic extremists

>telepotrs behind you
>nothing personnel

Good move. I subjected myself to every episode of the last season hoping it would get better. It does not. Thankfully I pirated it and didn't encourage CBS's horrible streaming business model.

I won't watch anymore, even though the episode this Sunday is directed by Frakes. Not even for free. My time is more valuable than watching resting bitch face black lady try to have emotion.

Yeah, in one episode they had to do a couple of 1000 jumps within some seconds around a cloaked Klingon ship to track it. It truly is the """best show on TV""".

They paid for something.

Made it just over half way through the season before I just stopped watching.

Got so bad I couldnt even hate-watch torrents for free. Even for trolling purposes. Never experienced this before.

You're right, nobody on Sup Forums is talking about Vikings. I don't remember the last time I saw Vikings general. Even though S5 is absolute kino at this point.

Because The Walking Dead doesn't come back for another month or so. We don't talk about tv shows when they're not airing. Only GoT tourists are that cancerous.

What do you mean, "Dark" gets talked about occasionally.

>It's not on TV and it's pretty terrible.
What exactly is terrible about it? The Klingons are interesting now.

>i-it's fast!

The Orville is a more faithful rendition to Star Trek than that train wreck.

>guys our protagnist can't act and was hired specifcally because she was black

>uhh....she is Spocks adopted step sibling and she has trouble showing emotions and like uhh she can communicate to Serek through subspace using her mind

Defend this retarded STD watchers

Why are the klingons so fifferent?

I like STD but that's probably because I hate Star Trek.

That said, there's plenty of objectively dumb stuff that gets on my nerves. It's small, but it's really dumb.

Like in the first episode writers seem to not properly comprehend the concept of speed of light. Logic extremists. Why do Discovery's mushroom jumps look like she's falling down? Shit like this really triggers me.

>a gay guy gets hooked to a computer using a nipple clamp interface in order for him to be able to talk to mushrooms but slowly going crazy

Don't know if this genius or retarded.

N-nani?!?

Its just a show man. Just go with it

It's a particularly great idea, but the only real weak point in it is mushrooms.

That nigress looks fucking hot. What happened to the gook from the first episode?

*not a particularly great idea

>nigress is ok to say

Sorry, wasn't sure if it was the proper term. Female nigger then?

>establish first thing the spore-drive works just fine over short (tactical) distances without a navigator
>forget about this completely

The spores must flow

>Klingon tits
Where? I dropped it after episode 5.

How did burnhan kill the probe klingon if there is no resistance in spsce. ?? She rammed him

>mudd has just about all of starfleet's top secret information? lets give him to the space mafia
>also forget about this completely

Doubt they could do it in a combat situation

its in a female on male rape scene and its supposed to be like super traumatic.

We Boson Jump now.

By now everyone had figured out it was actually consensual, Tyler just remembers it wrong because he forgot he's Voq.

they killed michelle yeoh

Please post. I want to be traumatised.

Forgive me Kirk for what I must do

The spores are alive? You can talk to them?

It's a great idea if you're watching some kind of dark sci-fi hellraiser kind of thing, or LEXX or whatever. It's just not Star Trek because it's supposed to be optimistic about the future. I don't want to live in a future where some tortured soul navigates hell using nipple clamps. They might as well could add some floating freak milking cats for blood.

only marketers try to defend this trash

>its coming back soon

oh golly gee I wonder why these threads started up SO RANDOMLY FOR NO REASON

Don't watch Voyager then

Ur fucking paranoid user

Damn. I liked her. She put the other girl in her place. I thought she was the captain? Guess it was a TWIST?

What's this about Klingons being space african Trump supporters who rape people?

I'm fine with tearing open reality and revealing the total horrors beneath in star trek, they're just not going whole hog enough on any single aspect (except the horrible horrible horrible main character) to make the show worth a fuck.

>why are people talking about a popular franchise 2 days before a new episode

Nancy Drew you are not

>STD
>popular

Only marketers attempt to claim this.

Alright so I'm now glad I just completely ignored everything to do with this, my gut was right.

Star Trek is popular, even when the fans hate it

>STD
>on TV

... what?

its good to be something user

Burnham in jail
Then free
Then bridge crew
What thwy mean by it?

The Bandicoot Maneuver.

More like STD alienated the fans and failed to draw in a new audience.

So unless their goal is for STD to be the number one torrented program running, it's popularity is irrelevant.

Off topic

How do u see whos captain onn uniform??

The problem with Discovery is

>Michael Burnham is unlikable and Sonequa Martin Green can't act for shit
>Culturally, the crew is no different from people in 2016-2017 (Beer Pong and 90s RnB seriously?)
>Nobody acts professional at all.
>No Senior Staff meetings
>Everyone is incredibly bitchy and mean to eachother like acting like it's high school clique drama.
>No real world building.
>Klingon War was not shown at all
>Klingon ships look nothing like established Klingon aesthetic.
>Hamfists too much throwbacks to older Trek so you can go "BLUE PLANTS, PRIME DIRECTIVE AND SAREK, I KNOW THIS AND I CLAPPED" (That cringy as fuck prime directive love dialogue)

Largely Discovery has the same problem with Nu-Star Wars. Star Trek written by people who don't get Star Trek.

Even Voyager manages to be fun in some aspects. I mean, it's not like everybody was in agony constantly and besides being lost in space their lives aren't that bad. If someone asked you if you want to serve on the ship you would at least think about it and it's probably worth it just for the holo deck or the chance of Seven of Nine offering casual intercourse. But fuck, I literally wouldn't want to live in the Discovery version of Star Trek. That's just unpleasant. It's too dark (like you can't see anything), the people are cunts, and the captain is a legit psycho.

Shut the fuck up nigger.

Why do the klingons go to war??

>good trick spinning + teleport behind u

NANI?! Is this the ultimate technique?

ahahahahaha I have to watch this garbage now.

You squint really hard at the insignia

>STD writers forgot all the ships had different insignia before kirk

I hate niggers, kikes, women and I still like Discovery. :/ It's like Mass Effect before it got cucked with ME3. Star Trek TNG fans are always soyboys.

I also like how extreme and at the same time relatable it is. I played beer pong too recently and it was nice to think 500 years in the future people would still be playing it while listening to top 200 90s r&b

The Klingon Empire covers a vast amount of space and has been around for centuries. It would be natural that some Klingon races look pretty different from others. Perhaps even more so than human races look different from others.

The Maori of Australia are very different looking than most other races of humans, but they're still human, aren't they?

Also: Klingons mess around with genetic engineering quite a lot in this time period. ALSO: It doesn't even have to be genetics. Maybe it's just steroids or some other medical treatments that make the difference.

There are a lot of explanations if you use you imagination.

>The Klingons are interesting now.

The writing in this show is absolute garbage, and the lead cannot act at all.¬

oh shut up

It gets better guys, they don't use warp drive. They use "spore drive." I'm not making this up.

you forgot about the spinning, tell them about the spinning

"I have no refutation": the post

>What exactly is terrible about it?
Did you even read the post you're replying to?

Are you saying they have a ritual where for 100 years, only one race of these klingons is allowed to crew starships, or be seen out in public by aliens. and then after that period is done, they change and its the second races turn, and never the two will meet?