I love all of Villeneuves films and I loved the original Blade Runner

I love all of Villeneuves films and I loved the original Blade Runner.
And youre never going to agree with me that Blade Runner 2049 is objectively shit (which it is and the only reason you like it is because of the visuals/soundtrack which are also shit and look like a videogame 99% of the time and sound like Nolan horns)...

..but surely you can admit that in a world where you can have a physical waifubot, a hologram waifu with all its limitations (and also used as a fucking plot point) is the dumbest idea ever.
Fucking.
Admit it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wFBSufLz0L4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Replicants are very expensive. I think this is explained shitload of times in both movies.

>implying they would let him have a real waifu

And you think the replicant who kills replicants for a living wants to come home and fuck a replicant that he bought?

I said waifubot not replicant. This would be relatively less expensive. Joi's AI is less complex than a replicants.

People kill people and still fuck people. Stop being dumb.

If you're so sure that the film is "objectively shit", then why do you feel the need to seek approval for any of us to "admit it"?

In a world where you can buy hookers, why would some weeb jerk off to his anime pillow ?

Would you allow a replicant to have real relationship with another and risking throwing them off baseline because muh feelings, or would you rather have a replicant in a relationship with the perfect holographic waifu that always agrees with him and is way cheaper to make ?

Read the thread moron.

You can fuck whores and overlay your waifu(doesnt get more real than that). Also shes not just for fucking. Its all in the movie dude what kind of stupid question is that. Also yeah there are probably fleshlights too that you can use with your JOI

>And youre never going to agree with me that Blade Runner 2049 is objectively shit
I agree, I thought it was rubbish. Moreover, it was a complete waste of a film.

>Blade Runner 2049 is objectively shit
Thats not how discussing film/entertainment/art works m9.

>he loves prisoners and arrival
into the trash it goes. your opinion, that is.

>fucking is the only advantage of a physical waifu\
moron

>DUDE JUST OVERLAY A HOLOGRAM OVER SOMETHING YOU HAVE NO EMOTIONAL CONNECTION TO - ITS MORE REAL THAN REAL
yes because that obnoxious flickering and barely in-sync overlay isnt distracting at all

The cloud is just someone else's computer, user. I keep my waifubot on a local device and so should you, unless you want Google to know what you pretended dinner was yesterday.

Thats how objectivity works, friendo

>I love all of Villeneuves films and I loved the original Blade Runner.
>And youre never going to agree with me that Blade Runner 2049 is objectively shit (which it is and the only reason you like it is because of the visuals/soundtrack which are also shit and look like a videogame 99% of the time and sound like Nolan horns)...
Sadly I completely agree with all of this. I had hopes and expectations for 2049, but it was super disappointing. Sadly.

To accept Villeneuve as a quality director is to garb yourself in a coat of hot pockets and video games and then writh around on the ground in a supermarket while screaching and slapping yourself on the sides of your head.

He is cheeto dust. Nothing more.

Nothing more than a hack, a useful tool for studios to trot out to say "Hey, we're making art house!" I cannot wrap my head around the adulation he receives, let alone the wide praise this has got. The film trudges from set piece to set piece, leaves us no real questions or anything to think about really.

The worst part however was Deakins "look at me i'm acting!" cinematography. This poor sap has become a parody of himself to appease his internet fans(much like Refn after Drive)

The same bullet that kills a capeshit fan will also kill the Villeneuve and Paul Thomas Anderson fan. They come from the same root, from the same doritos stained console. They are frauds, and as a warrior of cinema it's my duty to expose the fakes and the inauthentic when I see them. I will fight with crawls and teeth until the last imposter is fallen to the ground

I have about as much respect for denis villeneuve as I do for the dogshit on my shoe. It is reddit. It is video game hotpocket. It is capeshit. It is cheeto dust. I'm literally screaming right now and slamming my arms down on my desk just thinking about it.

It is the most depraved video game infantilized manchild degeneracy. It is saturday morning cartoon. It is non-neurotypicality. It is memes. It is video game. It is tarantino. It is imdb.

It's not, though. You have to prove, empirically, how it's shit.

I mean, aside from plotholes/inconsistencies, good luck with "proving" a movie is bad "objectively".

No. It's like calling me calling you a nigger kike an argument.

there's literally nothing wrong with either of those movies.

His movies are very terse and uneasy, but man, I could watch them over and over again.

Dude knows how to do sci-fi, I get a boner everytime I remember he is making a Dune movie.

Dont mind me, just posting some ACTUAL cyberpunk kino.
youtube.com/watch?v=wFBSufLz0L4

If Villeneuve isn't the most poetic director working today, then explain THIS